Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [4]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [3]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Re: Calling all MLT MBA Prep 2020 Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello Everyone,
Applying Round 1.
No GMAT
GRE: 164Q 152V
GPA: 3.24
Work: 3 years
1 Recommendation Letter
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [3]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
mrosale2 wrote:
josephum wrote:
Hi All -

For those with interviews, the main pointer I can give you is to be able to restate your short- and long-term goals. Make sure you use the STAR approach for the behavioral questions. Last year, there were a couple of them. Nothing crazy or outside of what you would expect in a job interview.

Other advice for the interview is just to make sure you are aware that there is a short time limit to think about the questions and then to answer them.

I would suggest practicing with a friend through facetime just to get comfortable with the format. Finally, do not stress. The answers will not be perfect but you know your story. This is your opportunity to tell them more about your story and your passion.

Good Luck,
J

Josephum,

Thanks for your time. I've noticed that there are a lot of videos uploaded to Youtube that mimic/are actually applicants' MLT MBA prep video interviews. Here's a few links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3hq9XTXWIg&t=4s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKOO1hI0oOc&t=37s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lGWbJG2bbY

If you click on any of the links, you'll notice that it looks like each applicants has his or her response memorized or is reading off a script.

- Were you given the questions before you could answer? I doubt one practice interview could give a candidate enough time to think out a whole, 2 minute answer. How much time did you have between practice and official recordings?

- What is the second part of the interview? Will you also be able to practice each of the questions on this part of the interview?

- What is the difference between the online interview and the video interview? From my research, it looks like they're the same, except for the video interview is only one question, whereas the online interview has multiple questions.

- Are there any official resources from MLT to prepare for the interviews? I haven't been able to find any information from MLT itself outside of the little information given from the interview invite.

- How did you prepare for the interviews? How did you feel you did?

Hi there,
The application in prior years required a video essay which is probably what you see on YouTube. Last year when I applied, they replaced the video essay with the online interview. About the questions during the video interview, I believe you get 30 seconds to think about the answer and then you have to record your answer.

I don’t remember finding any official mlt material. You should make sure you prepare examples on how you impacted groups, your work and community.

To prepare, I def review my essays to make sure I keep a consistent message between the interview and the application. I practiced using FaceTime with a friend to get used to the recording format. Def stick to the STAR approach for behavioral questions.

Good luck.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Kudos
The interview took about 45 minutes for me. Got several questions; half video responses, the rest written responses. Know your MBA story inside and out and you should be fine.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
I received an email today stating that I’m a strong candidate and that i’ll need to submit an official score before they can render a final decision. I applied Round 1.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [4]
Given Kudos: 153
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
josephum wrote:
mrosale2 wrote:
josephum wrote:
Hi All -

For those with interviews, the main pointer I can give you is to be able to restate your short- and long-term goals. Make sure you use the STAR approach for the behavioral questions. Last year, there were a couple of them. Nothing crazy or outside of what you would expect in a job interview.

Other advice for the interview is just to make sure you are aware that there is a short time limit to think about the questions and then to answer them.

I would suggest practicing with a friend through facetime just to get comfortable with the format. Finally, do not stress. The answers will not be perfect but you know your story. This is your opportunity to tell them more about your story and your passion.

Good Luck,
J

Josephum,

Thanks for your time. I've noticed that there are a lot of videos uploaded to Youtube that mimic/are actually applicants' MLT MBA prep video interviews. Here's a few links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3hq9XTXWIg&t=4s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKOO1hI0oOc&t=37s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lGWbJG2bbY

If you click on any of the links, you'll notice that it looks like each applicants has his or her response memorized or is reading off a script.

- Were you given the questions before you could answer? I doubt one practice interview could give a candidate enough time to think out a whole, 2 minute answer. How much time did you have between practice and official recordings?

- What is the second part of the interview? Will you also be able to practice each of the questions on this part of the interview?

- What is the difference between the online interview and the video interview? From my research, it looks like they're the same, except for the video interview is only one question, whereas the online interview has multiple questions.

- Are there any official resources from MLT to prepare for the interviews? I haven't been able to find any information from MLT itself outside of the little information given from the interview invite.

- How did you prepare for the interviews? How did you feel you did?

Hi there,
The application in prior years required a video essay which is probably what you see on YouTube. Last year when I applied, they replaced the video essay with the online interview. About the questions during the video interview, I believe you get 30 seconds to think about the answer and then you have to record your answer.

I don’t remember finding any official mlt material. You should make sure you prepare examples on how you impacted groups, your work and community.

To prepare, I def review my essays to make sure I keep a consistent message between the interview and the application. I practiced using FaceTime with a friend to get used to the recording format. Def stick to the STAR approach for behavioral questions.

Good luck.

Thank you!

Interviewed last week. For those interviewing round 3, this is the best advice you will find.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
Quick Update to all Round 2 Applicants:

Just called MLT and decisions should go out this week, as early as today.

Good luck all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 640 Q32 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
No email yet, but when I logged into my application I had 4 new tasks including "Intention to Enroll". I'm taking that as a good sign!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
ca0518 wrote:
Anyone who applied in 3rd round hear anything yet or know when we are expected to hear back about decisions?

Haven’t heard anything yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [2]
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
Kudos
ca0518 I just checked as well -- and mine does, too! Super Stoked!! Has anyone made a GroupMe/https://gmatclub.com/chat yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all!

Applying 1st round. Sitting for the GMAT next Saturday (wish me luck!).

GPA: 3.2
2.5 years in Big 4 audit

Looking forward to this process. Good luck to everyone and keep us updated as you start to hear back!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Yesterday, I received an interview invite. Good luck to everyone interviewing for round one.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE:Analyst (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
Just got my interview invite Friday, thinking of doing it today. Is anyone able to share what questions they ask?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
essmith1993 Just make sure to email them letting them know if you haven't already and email them once you get your official score report!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 151
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V32
GRE 1: Q154 V153
GPA: 2.76
Send PM
Kudos
I applied in round 2 and just received my request for an interview. I am given 1 week to complete it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Given Kudos: 153
Send PM
Calling all MLT MBA Prep 2020 Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos