GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2019, 05:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2019, 12:59
Has anyone received an interview call yet? If yes then within how many days of submitting the application

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2019, 22:59
PG11 wrote:
Any Update on this, have they released the Essays?

Hello,
NUS has released the essays for the Full-time MBA programme 2020 Intake. The following are the essay questions:

1. The NUS MBA offers a highly transformative education experience. What kind of transformation are you working towards in your professional and personal self? (250 words)

2. Describe the type of leader you are right now, and the qualities of a leader you aspire to be. How would The NUS MBA help you cultivate those qualities? (250 words)

3. Share a situation in your personal or professional life, where your value system was put to the test. How did you react, and what did you learn from it? (250 words)

4. Tell us about your intermediate (3 years) post-MBA career goal, describing your industry, function and country of choice and a plan on how you would achieve this goal. (250 words)

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2019, 02:25
Hi,

Do we really need to stick to the 250-word restriction for the essays?
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2019, 07:38
GeorgeWilliams wrote:
Hi,

GeorgeWilliams

There was a lot of discussion on the word limit before. I advise you to check the following link for a few of those discussions.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?t ... rd%20limit
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2019, 23:00
GeorgeWilliams wrote:
Hi,

Yes. In fact, they even have a 3500 character limit along with the 250 word restriction. That seems to suggest that they are fairly serious about the word limit.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2019, 00:30
Need some advise on Referee Section::
This is AS-IS in the instructions page-
==========================================================================
7. Referee reports

Two (2) referee reports are required to complete your application. The two referees can be your current employer, previous employer or corporate client.

In the online application system, you are required to provide the contact information about your referees. This information is important as it allows us to contact your referees. The email will contain information on how to access and submit the online referee report. Under the online application system, you could also initiate to send out the online referee form to your two referees before you complete your online application.

*Please note that you are required to email your referees using the online application system for your first preference ONLY. For your 2nd and/ or 3rd preferences, you do not need to email your referees again. You are only required to “assign” the same referees to your 2nd and/ or 3rd preferences before submitting the online application.

** Please note that your application will be processed only when your application is completed (including supporting documents and Referee Reports).

==========================================================================

Now I have already created 2 referees and also "Assigned" them in the Referee section. There are 2 "Send Email to Referee" links in the Referee section corresponding to my 2 referees. What needs to be done here? Do I need to do anything in this part apart from assigning the referees?(like clicking the "Send Email to Referee" link, if yes then is it ONLY for 1st preference? or BOTH?)

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2019, 00:22
Hi All,

I am having trouble sending the TOEFL score for NUS.
The website says the department code is 02, but Toefl doesn't seem to have that code.
Can somebody from the team help me on this?

Thanks,
Priyal
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2019, 13:25
choubeyp wrote:
Hi All,

I am having trouble sending the TOEFL score for NUS.
The website says the department code is 02, but Toefl doesn't seem to have that code.
Can somebody from the team help me on this?

Thanks,
Priyal

I had a similar situation.
I talked to the customer care at TOEFL, was suggested to use code-99 (for other not listed ) instead.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2019, 05:31
dbsheta wrote:
ayushkedia1303 wrote:
Sure. Meanwhile, can you let me know where do we need to upload the resume? There is no explicit section for the same. Do we upload it in the "Documents upload" section?

I have uploaded all remaining things from the Checklist in the "Documents upload" section. I guess that's the only option. Name the documents clearly as to what they represent. That should do in my opinion.

Thanks for the information. The checklist also asks to upload work permit pass. Is it an optional thing?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 00:00
Checklist shows all documents as [X] after payment, even though all the documents were uploaded and passed the pre-payment check. Is this expected?
Fisher(Ohio) School Moderator
B
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 10:18
ayushkedia1303 wrote:
dbsheta wrote:
ayushkedia1303 wrote:
Sure. Meanwhile, can you let me know where do we need to upload the resume? There is no explicit section for the same. Do we upload it in the "Documents upload" section?

I have uploaded all remaining things from the Checklist in the "Documents upload" section. I guess that's the only option. Name the documents clearly as to what they represent. That should do in my opinion.

Thanks for the information. The checklist also asks to upload work permit pass. Is it an optional thing?

That is applicable only if you currently work in Singapore. They have three types of permits as per my knowledge. Anyways, if you do not work in Sg, you need not worry about that.
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 10:20
punksin007 wrote:
Checklist shows all documents as [X] after payment, even though all the documents were uploaded and passed the pre-payment check. Is this expected?

I read in last year's forum that the cross remains adcom verifies your uploads. Not sure tough. Maybe you can ping adcom to confirm.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.7
WE: Law (Other)

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 11:45
Hi everyone!

What resources are you all using to do your school research? NUS has a very minimal website with not much information, and I am just not able to find sufficient details to write my essays on how NUS MBA will help me achieve my goals.
NUS School Moderator
V
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 09:47
LadyGaladriel wrote:
Hi everyone!

What resources are you all using to do your school research? NUS has a very minimal website with not much information, and I am just not able to find sufficient details to write my essays on how NUS MBA will help me achieve my goals.

Hi LadyGaladriel,

You can use the below link to check more about their program, specializations and other offerings.

https://mba.nus.edu.sg/en-SG/academics/ ... ighlights/

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 23:31
punksin007 wrote:

Facing the same issue. Please let me know if you receive any reply or information in this regard from the adcom. Thanks.
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2019, 08:12
ayushkedia1303 wrote:
dbsheta wrote:
Hi,

In Test Details section, when I select GMAT, the form asks for Reference Number. Is this the GMAT ID or Appointment Number? Most other applications have asked for GMAT ID so wanted to clarify this.

I mailed to the admissions team asking the same but I have not got any reply.

ayushkedia1303 Did you get any reply from adcom on this?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2019, 04:01
dbsheta wrote:
ayushkedia1303 wrote:
dbsheta wrote:
Hi,

In Test Details section, when I select GMAT, the form asks for Reference Number. Is this the GMAT ID or Appointment Number? Most other applications have asked for GMAT ID so wanted to clarify this.

I mailed to the admissions team asking the same but I have not got any reply.

ayushkedia1303 Did you get any reply from adcom on this?

Yes, we need to enter the gmat ID.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: NUS '22
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V32

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2019, 12:01
I have the following queries related to the application:

1. I had completed only half of my application but now when I am logging back and trying to complete it, I am unable to EDIT it. Can anybody help?
2. Where can I find detailed placement report of NUS?
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2019, 12:06
Curious750 wrote:

1. I had completed only half of my application but now when I am logging back and trying to complete it, I am unable to EDIT it. Can anybody help?

Curious750 You have to click on "apply" after going to basic info section. Don't click edit as that will let you edit the selected programme information and not your actual application.

I hope that helps!

Posted from my mobile device
NUS School Moderator
V
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2019, 19:41
Curious750 wrote:

You can find the detailed placement report here.

https://bschool.nus.edu.sg/career-servi ... mployment/
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2019, 19:41

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 65 posts ] 

Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Chethan92