GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 23:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all NYU Stern Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
BSchool Thread Master
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2018, 21:35
HinaTabassum wrote:
I guess I have a lot of researching ahead of me.

In fact I was just going through the locations of the people who have added Stern '21 in their schools, and I was the only Pakistani on the list!

On the same note, as you mentioned that you're part of class of '20, is there by any chance a Pakistani in your class who might be able to help me figure all this out?

Aaha! Typical CR mistake :lol: I never said that I am a part of the Class of 2020 ;) I only mentioned that I have been admitted. If I were to write an AWA on that reasoning, I would have labelled it as a huge leap of faith without concrete evidence! :grin: 6 out of 6, yuhuuuu! :cool:

Jokes apart, I do know of a person in the class of 2020 who is probably from Pakistan, or Bangladesh; I don't know, I'm a tad confused. Let me find out. The point is if you really love a school, you will end up doing everything you can to make it to that school. Moreover, if you are the only one or one of the very few, it's good news for you. It increases your probability of getting admitted. So, look at the brighter side of the picture. :-)

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

BSchool Thread Master
G
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2018, 21:44
arun93 wrote:
hey DigitsnLetters

Will applying in round 1 and interviewing later during round 2 in India hurt our chances of admission?
As this interview would most likely be treated as round 2 interview.

Honestly, I don't feel it'll hurt your chances much. Most of the Indian folks opt to interview in India during March. I know of at least 5 people, including the legend souvik101990 himself, who scored admits after applying in R1 and interviewing in March (R2). The only thing you have to weigh is will you be willing to wait this late for the results? If you are applying to most schools in R1, chances are you will score an admit from some school in R1 and pay the deposit for that school rather than wait for the Stern interview.

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V50
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 01:41
DigitsnLetters wrote:
HinaTabassum wrote:
I guess I have a lot of researching ahead of me.

In fact I was just going through the locations of the people who have added Stern '21 in their schools, and I was the only Pakistani on the list!

On the same note, as you mentioned that you're part of class of '20, is there by any chance a Pakistani in your class who might be able to help me figure all this out?

Aaha! Typical CR mistake :lol: I never said that I am a part of the Class of 2020 ;) I only mentioned that I have been admitted. If I were to write an AWA on that reasoning, I would have labelled it as a huge leap of faith without concrete evidence! :grin: 6 out of 6, yuhuuuu! :cool:

Jokes apart, I do know of a person in the class of 2020 who is probably from Pakistan, or Bangladesh; I don't know, I'm a tad confused. Let me find out. The point is if you really love a school, you will end up doing everything you can to make it to that school. Moreover, if you are the only one or one of the very few, it's good news for you. It increases your probability of getting admitted. So, look at the brighter side of the picture. :-)

My bad.

But yes, I will appreciate if you can find that out for me.

So, you got admitted for class of 2020 at Stern but you're not a part of it. May I know which one you chose to go to instead, DigitsnLetters ?

If you can dream it, you can do it.

BSchool Forum Moderator
D
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 23:36
DigitsnLetters

Bro, can't we interview via skype ..... I know Stern's policy but to wait till March would be very difficult....

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos if my post helps!

Long And A Fruitful Journey - V21 to V41; If I can, So Can You!!

Preparing for RC my way

My study resources:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant
2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation
3. LSAT RC compilation
4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal
5. QOTD RC (Carcass)
6. Challange OG RC
7. GMAT Prep Challenge RC

BSchool Thread Master
G

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 23:50
HinaTabassum wrote:
So, you got admitted for class of 2020 at Stern but you're not a part of it. May I know which one you chose to go to instead, DigitsnLetters ?

Well, I took a deferral.

BSchool Thread Master
G

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 23:54
gmatexam439 wrote:
DigitsnLetters

Bro, can't we interview via skype ..... I know Stern's policy but to wait till March would be very difficult....

Unfortunately, Stern doesn't give Skype interview option. However, in certain justified circumstances, this might be a possibility. For that bud, you will have to write to the Adcoms and find out.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 00:06
DigitsnLetters wrote:
HinaTabassum wrote:

Well, I took a deferral.

All the best.

BSchool Thread Master
G

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 01:18
HinaTabassum wrote:
DigitsnLetters wrote:
HinaTabassum wrote:

Well, I took a deferral.

All the best.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 14:03
anyone applying for the 1 year mba?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 14:46
DigitsnLetters wrote:

All the best.

BSchool Forum Moderator
D
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2018, 10:11
DigitsnLetters wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:
DigitsnLetters

Unfortunately, Stern doesn't give Skype interview option. However, in certain justified circumstances, this might be a possibility. For that bud, you will have to write to the Adcoms and find out.

Trying to gather more information on this haha

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos if my post helps!

Long And A Fruitful Journey - V21 to V41; If I can, So Can You!!

Preparing for RC my way

My study resources:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant
2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation
3. LSAT RC compilation
4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal
5. QOTD RC (Carcass)
6. Challange OG RC
7. GMAT Prep Challenge RC

BSchool Forum Moderator
D
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2018, 05:26
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 12 Sep 2018, 05:26

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 52 posts ] 

Calling all NYU Stern Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap