GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Nov 2018, 14:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all NYU Stern Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.75
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 07:07
Anyone know the interview locations in east/southeast asia?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Stern '21 (S)
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 15:39
DigitsnLetters wrote:
GMATeasy123 wrote:
Anybody know when interview invites are sent? I know it's early to ask. But they said it's a rolling process. Thanks and GL guys!

Hopefully the invites will start rolling this week. Stay tuned :)

DigitsnLetters, that sounds awesome. are you estimating it based on prior year history or what the AO mentioned to you? Thanks!
BSchool Forum Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 22:51
maged1893 wrote:

Hi,

Following is quoted directly from the website:

Off-Site Interviews
For priority consideration for off-site interviews, apply by the November 15 deadline. We typically conduct off-site interviews in China, India and the United Kingdom in March, but the locations and timing are subject to change each year.

Note - due to the timing of the Tech MBA and Fashion & Luxury MBA courses, these off-site interviews are not available for applicants to these programs.

Hope that helps!

Kudos if my post helps!

Long And A Fruitful Journey - V21 to V41; If I can, So Can You!!
Preparing for RC my way
RC Summary Activity - New Project to imporve RC Skills
Bloomberg's US Bschool Ranking

My study resources:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant | 2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation | 3. LSAT RC compilation | 4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal | 5. QOTD RC (Carcass) | 6. Challange OG RC | 7. GMAT Prep Challenge RC

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 18:11
Does anyone know approximately how long applications stay "under review" for? Mine changed status on Friday, nothing new since then. Wondering how long I'll have to wait until I know whether they'll be interviewing me or not :sad:
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 19:55
LAtoNYC wrote:
Does anyone know approximately how long applications stay "under review" for? Mine changed status on Friday, nothing new since then. Wondering how long I'll have to wait until I know whether they'll be interviewing me or not :sad:

You can expect the invites to start rolling starting next week. Since the invites are rolling in nature, when you'll be hearing back will depend upon when you submitted the application! It follows the FIFO concept.

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

BSchool Forum Moderator
V

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 22:19
DigitsnLetters wrote:
LAtoNYC wrote:

You can expect the invites to start rolling starting next week. Since the invites are rolling in nature, when you'll be hearing back will depend upon when you submitted the application! It follows the FIFO concept.

I guess LIFO and FIFO will haunt us again :lol:

Kudos if my post helps!

Preparing for RC my way

My study resources:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant | 2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation | 3. LSAT RC compilation | 4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal | 5. QOTD RC (Carcass) | 6. Challange OG RC | 7. GMAT Prep Challenge RC

BSchool Forum Moderator
V

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 22:57
LAtoNYC wrote:

Hi bro,

Could you please share the screenshot of the area where the status of your application changed to "under review". I can't find any status on my app page!

Best Regards.

Kudos if my post helps!

Preparing for RC my way

My study resources:

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 2: 610 Q41 V33
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Calling all NYU Stern Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2018, 09:30
I have a question regarding Essay 2 (pick six). Can we combine two images and present them as 1 picture?

Eg: I have a picture from my first day from a project launch and the last day. Can I make them into 1 image and describe the experience as 1 of my 6 pictures?

thanks.

Enjoy your own suffering or suffer from regret.

GMATPrep 1: 680
GMATPrep 2: 710
GMATPrep 3: 730
GMATPrep 4: 690
GMATPrep 5: 690
GMAT 1: 610
GMAT 2: 710
GMAT 3: 710 <- lol

BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2018, 10:28
fvoci wrote:
I have a question regarding Essay 2 (pick six). Can we combine two images and present them as 1 picture?

Eg: I have a picture from my first day from a project launch and the last day. Can I make them into 1 image and describe the experience as 1 of my 6 pictures?

thanks.

Yes, why not? If the two pictures form a story, you can go ahead and club them together to drive home your point. In fact, I had clubbed 3 pictures (all conveying the same message) into one picture and had included that in 6-picture story. Just make sure the pics are coherent and weave into a story (in this case your description will be equally important as well). Besides, ensure that whatever you want to convey is not something you could have conveyed using a single picture alone. The point is, it should not come out as if you are trying to outwit the adcoms by submitting 60 pictures instead of 6! Get my point?

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.32

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 07:35
I submitted my application on Oct 15th. On the top of my App Status page right now it just says "Application Status For [my full name]" and is then blank. Does it remain blank until it is under review/another action is taken? I checked the code and it looks like there is a hidden "application status" currently set to display: none so I'm guessing this gets updated when an action is taken?

Second question is: when do they start getting to the bulk of the applications? In other words, beyond just sometime before Jan. 1st when might I hear from Stern?

Thanks for any help or insight :)
BSchool Forum Moderator
V

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 08:23
cwendt wrote:
I submitted my application on Oct 15th. On the top of my App Status page right now it just says "Application Status For [my full name]" and is then blank. Does it remain blank until it is under review/another action is taken? I checked the code and it looks like there is a hidden "application status" currently set to display: none so I'm guessing this gets updated when an action is taken?

Second question is: when do they start getting to the bulk of the applications? In other words, beyond just sometime before Jan. 1st when might I hear from Stern?

Thanks for any help or insight :)

Hi bro,

haha...nice catch bro. I updated the html code and started seeing the "application status". I guess, once something happens it will be updated.

Can't say about bulk, but invitations will go on till 31 Dec 2018.

Best Regards.

Kudos if my post helps!

Preparing for RC my way

My study resources:

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 11:06
LAtoNYC wrote:

When did you submit your application? Everything that I've read said that it can remain on review from 1-3 weeks
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 11:17
My status say only submitted =s. Should I be worried?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 18:59
good luck to you all guys. When should we be really hearing back from Stern?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 18:45
alphamagna wrote:
LAtoNYC wrote:

When did you submit your application? Everything that I've read said that it can remain on review from 1-3 weeks

I submitted 9/14
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 22:08
gmatexam439 wrote:
maged1893 wrote:

Hi,

Off-Site Interviews
For priority consideration for off-site interviews, apply by the November 15 deadline. We typically conduct off-site interviews in China, India and the United Kingdom in March, but the locations and timing are subject to change each year.

Note - due to the timing of the Tech MBA and Fashion & Luxury MBA courses, these off-site interviews are not available for applicants to these programs.

Hope that helps!

Does this mean if I’ll be interviewing offsite, I’ll be interviewing at the same time with r2 applicants?
BSchool Forum Moderator
V

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 22:20
maged1893 wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:
maged1893 wrote:

Hi,

Off-Site Interviews

Hope that helps!

Does this mean if I’ll be interviewing offsite, I’ll be interviewing at the same time with r2 applicants?

In a way, yes!

Kudos if my post helps!

Preparing for RC my way

My study resources:

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 07:26
Hello Everyone,

I see that NYU Stern offers one Year MBA program and Two Year MBA program.Can someone please help me with the difference between both of the programs ?

I have 5 years of work experience as a Business Analyst in various domains.

One year MBA : http://www.stern.nyu.edu/programs-admis ... curriculum

Thanks.

Find what you love and let it kill you. — Charles Bukowski

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 02 Nov 2018, 14:30
For anyone who has already applied: When did you apply and have you seen any updates to your application status?

Originally posted by alphamagna on 02 Nov 2018, 13:09.
Last edited by alphamagna on 02 Nov 2018, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 14:15
alphamagna wrote:
For anyone who has already applied: When did you apply and have you seen any updates to you application status?

I’d love to know as well. My application says submitted. I applied 10 days before deadline.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 02 Nov 2018, 14:15

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 118 posts ] 

Calling all NYU Stern Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap