Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [1]
Given Kudos: 64
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V43
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross '13
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
mba2013 wrote:
RFMBA2 wrote:
Hey everybody, just got my invitation to interview. I submitted on the 14th. Looks like there are a good amount of open dates so don't lose hope!

Male/Consulting/4 years/750

were you offered a large variety of dates to choose from? the selection available to me was very limited - only a few dates, and all of them in December. my thinking isn't that there are few interview slots available, but that the date/time when you receive your invite determines which days/dates are available to interview.

Yep, it was multiple dates to choose from in a drop down list. The I only had one date available for me this calendar year, all of the rest in the New Year. I think adcom will probably take a week or two for themselves for the holidays.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Kudos
mbalady2010 wrote:
RFMBA2 wrote:
Hey everybody, just got my invitation to interview. I submitted on the 14th. Looks like there are a good amount of open dates so don't lose hope!

Male/Consulting/4 years/750

Are you located in the states?
It seems that so far no international candidate received an invitation...

Yes, in the US.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Kudos
Just got invited to interview. So funny how the timing worked out, since I just posted that comment earlier. Anyway, I live in NY, submitted 11/14, complete on 11/30, reapplicant who was waitlisted last year. Oh and also, I was given the same option about the spotlight on women interview option. Goodluck to everyone else.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
KingShark wrote:
rafi/mbalady2010,

Congrats!

Will you be interviewing on-campus? Any word on when off-campus interviews are scheduled/Hub Cities/Slots?

Thanks KingShark :)
I will be interviewing off-campus. Stern is having an event in my country and they offered me to interview with one of the admission officers during their visit here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, has anyone from India received an interview invite yet?

@mbalady2010: is NYU having an even in your country this year or jan next year?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 749 [1]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks KingShark, and I too will be interviewed off campus excatly for the same reason as mbalady2010
mbalady2010 wrote:
KingShark wrote:
rafi/mbalady2010,

Congrats!

Will you be interviewing on-campus? Any word on when off-campus interviews are scheduled/Hub Cities/Slots?

Thanks KingShark :)
I will be interviewing off-campus. Stern is having an event in my country and they offered me to interview with one of the admission officers during their visit here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
You guys should really take a look at the last few years' threads before you start stabbing your eyes out. There have been invites all the way through January (and February in some cases), so I would not fret just yet.

As you all know, Stern's application deadline is a lot later than any other school, so I truly think its unreasonable to worry right now. Enjoy the holidays!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
sorry to hear about your ding. i had an interview that went really well and got a ding at a school that was my first choice. i found out that one of my coworkers from my previous job got in last year. i couldn't believe it. in every quantifiable measure, i would consider myself a stronger candidate... obviously i can't say for certain with the essays, but i was shocked and a bit angry.

anyway, my point is, the admissions process is a total crapshoot. who can really explain their "process". from our vantage, after getting over a few hurdles (minimum gpa, gmat), they might as well pick names out of a hat. and it's even more difficult for common backgrounds (asian/indian; IT/finance).

good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
princessneha wrote:
Hi all, got my interview invite today too!! I was given two choices 1) sign up for a regular interview slot 2) wait until Feb 3 to attend a women in business event and conference and interview during that time. Anyone else in the same boat? I am torn as to which option to choose. I want to interview asap so that acceptance slots are still aplenty, but perhaps attending this event will give me more exposure to ad com? I can't imagine they would give random people any kind of unfair advantage so not sure...

thoughts?

I was wondering the same thing, and I keep going back and forth! Have you had any new thoughts? Anyone else?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [1]
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V43
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Kudos
Got an invite today -- but I'm going to pull my application as I was accepted to Columbia. Its kind of a shame b/c I think my NYU application was my strongest by far and I would have liked to see it through to conclusion, but c'est la vie. Best of luck everyone! Hit me up in NYC sometime this fall if you'd like.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Schools:Col ED, Booth, NYU
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Kudos
Moss wrote:
Got an invite today -- but I'm going to pull my application as I was accepted to Columbia. Its kind of a shame b/c I think my NYU application was my strongest by far and I would have liked to see it through to conclusion, but c'est la vie. Best of luck everyone! Hit me up in NYC sometime this fall if you'd like.

Moss, congratulations on the Columbia admit. I haven't been watching the Columbia thread, so I wasn't aware. You deserve it, I knew you had a good chance at getting admitted.

Big thanks for withdrawing your application from NYU. You have every right to see it through, but it's really classy of you to step back and let the rest of us have a shot. =)

Originally posted by StevenFaulkner on 20 Dec 2010, 07:51.
Last edited by StevenFaulkner on 20 Dec 2010, 07:53, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
themidwest wrote:
its not confusing, its pretty basic. you either have an interview invite or you dont with plenty of time left to still get one. they arent going to tell you if they've read it or not.

lol, pwned.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
 Q46  V44
Send PM
Kudos
it wasnt meant to be harsh. i just think people get so caught up in microanalyzing every detail. Have foreign invites gone out yet? Have non new york invites gone out? How about if you're a paramedic/skydiving/investment banker in Uganda? Have those interviews gone out yet? Relax.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Checked my status on the website a little while ago and I was admitted! I interviewed on 12/6.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Kudos
solaris1 wrote:
I assure you your location has absolutely nothing to do with the possible timing of an interview invitation. It's still rather early in the admissions cycle.

Handsdown wrote:
It is so nice of you to comfort me.

But as I notice, NYU send out invites in this manner:

NY - Other areas in the U.S. - international.

OK, as an alum who worked in admissions, I will join the current student who works a lot on the admissions events that you are, quite frankly, talking garbage.

This is another occassion where people are thinking there is a uniform process when there isn't. It is

File Complete ---> file reviewed ----> file reviewed by enough people to make a decision.

Now, how these are allocated to be reviewed is a bit of a mystery, but I am pretty certain it is somewhat random.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:NYU
 Q44  V50
GPA: 3.06
WE 1: 2yrs Financial Modeling
WE 2: 3yrs Investment Management
Send PM
Kudos
Just got an invite!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Brand Management
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q45  V44
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Kudos
Got an invite too! (my prayers have been answered.)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  110   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts