Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance & Entreprenuerial Management
Schools:Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
GPA: 3.4 - Top 5 UG
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 686 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: sustainability, social enterprise, design
Schools:Erb Institute: Ross | SNRE
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q50  V46
GPA: 3.94
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
sjed wrote:
1 question:
is there any one who got 'the genuine' missing application items mail from Ross (excluding the people, who were mis-communicated by embark issue) and got invited for interview?

I actually missed reporting my GMAT scores to them, but they received it many days ago.
So I am trying to judge that have they put all the actual defaulters at the last of the list? :suspect

I surely hope the answer is "YES" :-D

I just found this forum...please add me to the roll call for round 2.

I received an interview invite when they first started going out and I interviewed on campus on January 26th. AFTER I had already interviewed, I received a request for "proof of undergraduate degree awarded" on January 29th. I thought this was very odd because nowhere in the application does it say that anything other than a copy of your undergraduate transcript is necessary for U.S. applicants - and my transcript clearly shows my full name, degree awarded and date earned. After emailing another copy of my transcript, I was told that a copy of my diploma would be needed so I sent that this past week. Are they requiring a copy of diplomas for everyone?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: General,Marketing,International Business
Send PM
Kudos
Had a 45 min interview with an alum today which went quite well I think.

typical questions:
- why mba
- why now
- why ross
- unique cultural experiences that you bring to ross
- example of how you dealt with an underperforming teammate
- most difficult feedback you received
- what makes you stand out amongst the numerous strong candidates ross gets?

He put me at ease straightaway and gave me positive feedback to many of my answers. Fingers crossed!

Good luck to all you guys!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Kudos
Just received the invite.

Ross,I'm coming.wooooo.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Private Equity
Send PM
Kudos
Just got the interview invite, hopefully a big wave is coming
Current Student
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Kudos
milias wrote:
Congrats to those who got invites today! Seems as though almost everyone in this thread has gotten an invite. This means either we're all exceptional fits for Ross or Ross has been sending out a lot of invites?

I'm still waiting for my friend GoBruins.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Kudos
milias wrote:
Congrats to those who got invites today! Seems as though almost everyone in this thread has gotten an invite. This means either we're all exceptional fits for Ross or Ross has been sending out a lot of invites?

Actually reading the stats on Ross, it interviews less than most schools. Only about 40% while chicago interviews 50%. It also has an amazing yield, even better than wharton.

My reasoning for why this forum has higher percentage is because of the population here. While I believe this forum has lower than average admits for Harvard/Wharton, we do have higher than average to kellogg/chicago/ross. That is because we're NOT a mirror image of the applying population. If you notice people's profiles, compared to typical application profiles, we have very few M/B/B or IB/HC/PE firms, the traditional feeders to H/W. Those career paths typically have special information sessions on schools to apply/how to apply and several of their peers would be applying at the same time.

My feeling about this forum is that most actually don't have any coworkers who are applying. So we rely on others for feedback so we come to this site. This forum has a very high number of engineers/science backgrounds, some mid-tier finance and accounting/counsulting firms. This profile would be a big hit with schools like Ross which usually have a very large portion of their students coming from engineering/mid-tier consulting.

My personal opinion.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Kudos
coakleym wrote:
There's so much conflicting information on the percentage of applicants that Ross interviews. According to the most recent BW stats, Ross interviews 55%. At some point in the recent past, at least according to Montauk's most recent book, Ross was interviewing nearly all applicants. I think I remember seeing a recent post on Soojins blog (could be totally making this up) where she might have suggested less than the 55% figure. And GoBruins has that 40% figure from somewhere, which I'm sure is just as legit as the others.

Very hard to pin down exactly how much to read into the interview invite besides the fact that you're one step closer to admittance.

I got the 40% figure from BW for the previous year, where the acceptance rate was 19%, matriculation was 70%, and the interview rate was 40%.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Concentration: General Management; Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton, Darden, Fuqua, Haas and Ross
 Q41  V45
Send PM
Kudos
coakleym wrote:
There's so much conflicting information on the percentage of applicants that Ross interviews. According to the most recent BW stats, Ross interviews 55%. At some point in the recent past, at least according to Montauk's most recent book, Ross was interviewing nearly all applicants. I think I remember seeing a recent post on Soojins blog (could be totally making this up) where she might have suggested less than the 55% figure. And GoBruins has that 40% figure from somewhere, which I'm sure is just as legit as the others.

Very hard to pin down exactly how much to read into the interview invite besides the fact that you're one step closer to admittance.

From Soojin's blog (emphasis added):

11/11/2009
The Ross Interview

Last week marked the official start of our Round 1 interviews. Many applicants who have come to campus to do their interviews have gotten to witness the beautiful fall weather we’ve been enjoying in Ann Arbor. Invitations have been going out daily since the end of October. If you haven’t received an invitation yet, don’t fret. Invitations will continue to go out through early December. We’re aiming to complete Round 1 interviews by December 9th. We expect to invite about 50% of applicants to interview. Not all will be admitted, but all who are admitted will have been interviewed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
I've just switched off the Reply Notification for this thread. It's driving me completely nuts when I see "mail" as the sender instead of "ross admissions"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Private Equity
Send PM
Kudos
ROSS2012 wrote:
I've just switched off the Reply Notification for this thread. It's driving me completely nuts when I see "mail" as the sender instead of "ross admissions"

You should actually look for "Application Interview for MBA", not Ross Admissions, ha. But don't worry there were a TON of open interview slots when I scheduled mine, so hopefully thats a sign that many more invites are going out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance,General Management
Schools:Ross (R1-Admit)
Send PM
Kudos
tihor wrote:
nothing yet...i received a request for my undergrad degree the Friday before the last one...but nothing since :-(

does anyone know if end Feb is the last day? Do they send out mid-decisions?

BTW...please add me to the roll call...

Hey tohor
there is no mid decision date. In R1 some people got invites very late. So there is no last date.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Duke , Darden , Tuck , Ross
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

I also got an interview invite today. I will be interviewing on campus sometime before 19th. And most importantly, I want to tell anyone who is still waiting that I am sure you will get interview invites. I have pretty vanilla profile and I got an interview so I am sure you guys will get it too. Don't lose hope!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, SUpply Chain & Logistics, IB
Schools:CMU, Ross, Kellogg, Case, OSU, Stanford, Kelley
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
ROSS2012 wrote:
anyone applying for tauber also?

i have applied to Tauber..

waiting for my interview invite !!!!
Current Student
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Kudos
woncosmo wrote:
I am an R2 applicant and never received any email saying my app was complete or under review.

Neither did I. I actually emailed them a while ago and they said they'd send me a confirmation email soon. I never got the confirmation email but I got an interview invite instead, so I can't complain!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Had my interview last week with alumni, standard questions, why mba , why ross... only one that stood out was backup plans in case you did not get in, but i was ready for that one too.

good luck everyone, 1 month seems soooo far away still
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
metastate wrote:
sjed wrote:
metastate wrote:
Sjed
i totally agree with you and as i told i am also on the same boat.... i would hate to give up till Ross explicitly tells me..... wish you the best....

Just to let you know i was just analyzing based on users inputs.... and in no way do i want to discourage you or disappoint you.......

I hope i get an invite too :)

dude, what I believe is whosoever actually had some stuff missing has been put at the last in the evaluation list, so as to move on with other apps, hence I feel ours will be getting read now!

I hope for an invite for all waiting!

I agree.....

But as a matter of fact I, You, class2012 and two other ppl got this mail regarding missing application matl on 30 jan 2010.
out of five of 2 have reported interview calls this MOnday (08 feb 2010)
and the other two that is I and you have got this application completed mail today.
Just to make my point clearer the two who though got the application matl missing mail on 30jan directly got an interview invite on 08 feb and didnt recieve any application complete mail

I have been a silent reader like many others on this forum but thought I'd mention that I received an incomplete application mailer since they were not able to retrieve my GMAT scores on Jan 22nd. I finally cleared the issue over a call on Jan 26th and received an interview invite today. I never received any application complete mail though.

Good luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V46
GPA: 3.94
Send PM
Kudos
This is definitely an optimistic bunch :-D . I don't know if you caught my earlier post in the midst of all this interview invite/non-invite analysis, but I had actually already interviewed and then I received a missing document email a week later. Anyways, I have a question...U.S. applicants are not required to submit "official" transcripts for admissions decisions to be made are they (scanned documents are acceptable)? The only "official" document that needs to be submitted is the GMAT score, right? I recently got an email from the school saying that they had updated my file with my "unofficial" documents, but they did not confirm that my file was "complete." Has anyone had a similar experience?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts