Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:10 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg, Ross, Stern-withdrew, Fuqua
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Schools:Tuck - Class of 2012
 Q49  V47
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
muffeebrown wrote:
Just a quick question-are you required to yank all your outstanding applications if you send in the enrollment form and put down the deposit? My recommenders just got the Sloan generic email and it reminded me that I still had that app out there. I'm not sure but I thought all the yank-your-apps rule only applied to Early Admission/Early Decision.

PS: Congrats to GoBruins :-D

I dont think you are "required" to do anything.. but from an ethical standpoint, probably not that cool. :wink:
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Kudos
muffeebrown wrote:
Just a quick question-are you required to yank all your outstanding applications if you send in the enrollment form and put down the deposit? My recommenders just got the Sloan generic email and it reminded me that I still had that app out there. I'm not sure but I thought all the yank-your-apps rule only applied to Early Admission/Early Decision.

PS: Congrats to GoBruins :-D

Actually I don't think you're required except for ED programs. Intent to attend and deposit is okay. You just lose the deposit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
GoBruins wrote:
itsmystery wrote:
I was just reading Sojin's blog ( I mainly confined myself to second hand updates and I noticed that her most recent posts mention that 'interview invites will go till the middle of february'. That my dear friends leaves us with about effectively two days worth of notifications ( friday and monday).

Not a very pleasant thought.

Monday is a holiday, so don't expect anything. Although I feel any day before the 20th is still mid feb. So next week should be okay. Plus this year was an exceptional year with tons of people missing essays,gmat, transcripts. I'm sure that delayed the whole process. I think I can count at least 10-12 people this round that had embark problems out of 45 applicants.

Hi,
I called up the admissions at Ross and reached the reception. The lady mentioned that the last date of sending invite is one week before the final decision date. However, Soojin's blog mention two different dates; mid and end of February. There are so many versions, I think the only way is to rely on your inbox and spam folder.
Good luck to those who are waiting.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Called the admissions office...invites going out till Feb-19. Good Luck, all!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Concentration: General
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Kudos
Just wanted to give you an update. Had my interview on the 13th with an alumni in the area at a local coffee shop. Like many other students we ran through the standard questions of why an MBA, why Ross, and walk me through your resume with some additional leadership style questions here and there. Overall, it was definitely NOT my best interview. We never really seemed to gel and I came away with a pretty bad impression of my performance. Oh well, you live you learn. Now all I can do is hope for the best!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Kudos
dbuzzy wrote:
For those that have been to Ann Arbor- any cool restaurants/bars to check out? I'm heading there tomorrow for my interview and will be staying the night.

I've heard good things about Scorekeeper (sports bar) and Dominic's (restaurant). Dominic's may not be open during the winter, though, since it's outdoors.

I stayed at Lamp Post Inn. The staff were very nice and everything, and the room was neat and clean. However, there is anecdotal reason why I wouldn't stay there again. After I had already gone to bed, a couple checked into the room next to mine. And before long, I started hearing "noises" coming from next door. I don't know if this is kosher for the forums, but let's just say that the woman was very "expressive." I turned on the fan, cranked up the white noise app on my iPhone, cursed the paper-thin walls, and regretted so, so much that I did not bring earplugs. Wasn't until after midnight that they had finished their "activities." Granted it was Valentine's Day and all, but argh!!!

Anyway, best of luck with your interview!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Kudos
I just received an invitation to interview! I submitted 1/4 via the Consortium. I had actually already convinced myself that I wasn't getting in so for those still waiting for an interview, there's still hope! The annoying thing is that they are only giving me until the 2/25 to schedule it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Kudos
GoBruins wrote:
zippy10 wrote:
I just received an invitation to interview! I submitted 1/4 via the Consortium. I had actually already convinced myself that I wasn't getting in so for those still waiting for an interview, there's still hope! The annoying thing is that they are only giving me until the 2/25 to schedule it.

Did they give you an option of interviewing with an alumni?

updated your status.

Unfortunately, the only options were on-campus or phone interview. Since my *sparkling personality* doesn't really shine through over the phone, I opted for on-campus even though the timing isn't great. Will be interviewing this Friday 2/19. Anyone else going to be there that day?
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Kudos
alphabravo wrote:
Is the entire application material (with int report) reviewed before reaching final decision? Or is just pre interview decision ratified with int. report?

I must admit I am very nervous.

+aB

Not sure if this helps answer your question but my alumni interview said "The interview can only help your candidacy, it can't hurt it with Ross." Read into that what you will but I took it as "We've got a good idea where you stand, let's see if you can't bump it up if you're borderline."
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Kudos
balboa wrote:
Unfortunately, that does not add up to the 23% acceptance rate.

I am assuming 50% get interviewed as stated in Soo Jin's blog and to add to 23% overall acceptance rate, those getting admitted should be 46% of those interviewed. Thoughts?

the 23% includes waitlist. His analysis is pretty good, although he should mention that 36% acceptance with another 18% Waitlist.

Also it varies alot per round I believe, since Ross recieved 60% of it's apps in R2 (From Soojin's blog) its hard to tell what really happens per round.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Michigan 2012
Send PM
Kudos
milias wrote:
dbuzzy wrote:
Where did you guys park when visiting Ross? Parking seems like a disaster.

I did street parking. Lots of quarters. But it was fairly easy to find a spot nearby.

stayed at the bell tower, which was not too expensive ($200ish) and left my car with them all day. It was about a 10 min walk across central campus to Ross.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Kudos
dbuzzy wrote:
Where did you guys park when visiting Ross? Parking seems like a disaster.

There is actually a parking structure like 3 blocks from the Ross building. it's not campus owned. it's part of the city. Let me know if you need more details than that.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Kudos
this one is the closest that I found when I was there.
https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... .3,,0,2.26

not a bad walk Forest and Wilard..
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Kudos
inTuna wrote:
Are decisions also sent on a rolling basis( just as invites) or will they be released all together on March 15?

3 days before the weekend
so starting wednesday they will do calls
but decisions don't go out until the 15th for everyone.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Private Equity
Send PM
Kudos
In Ann Arbor now and just got back from Zingerman's. Great suggestion, my sandwich was a little piece of heaven, even though it was 14.50. Also checked out Blimpie Burger, but wasnt that impressed. Overall, Ann Arbor is a pretty cool town, particularly Main Street.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Pi Tau Sigma - Mechanical Engineering Honor Fraternity
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship and Renewable Energy
Schools:Johns Hopkins University - Carey Business School
 Q38  V38
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 7 yr/Project Engineer in Product Development and Manufacturing - Fortune 500
Send PM
Kudos
I called yesterday and was told that they will continue to interview up to a few days before releasing desicions... so that gives us hope right? hehehe
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Kudos
coakleym wrote:
dbuzzy wrote:
In Ann Arbor now and just got back from Zingerman's. Great suggestion, my sandwich was a little piece of heaven, even though it was 14.50. Also checked out Blimpie Burger, but wasnt that impressed. Overall, Ann Arbor is a pretty cool town, particularly Main Street.

Yeah, Blimpie Burger is a love/hate thing for most people. Just like the SoupNazi in NY. Soup there isn't even better than Hale & Hearty but it's something unique. But all the restaurants in the Main Street area are fantastic. Prickly Pear is amazing Mexican. Seafood & Company is fantastic. The Blue Nile is the best Ethiopian food I have ever had.

Basically, the thing that I like about Ann Arbor is that the "college town" label is kind of a too-modest misnomer. It's really a big city on a small scale. Essentially any form of entertainment that you could get in a big city, you can grab in Ann Arbor -- within walking distance from the school's campus. I've seen other college towns and it's really not the same.

Madison, WI...but I may be a bit biased :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts