Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Emory 2012
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
Hi,

Count me in for R1. Is there any need to register for visiting Ross like other schools? Im planning to visit on Sep 28th. Just clubbing it with Chicago as they have an event on the 25th.

Thanks
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
Kavsin wrote:
Hi,

Count me in for R1. Is there any need to register for visiting Ross like other schools? Im planning to visit on Sep 28th. Just clubbing it with Chicago as they have an event on the 25th.

Thanks

Yes, go on their website, they have online registration.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [1]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Kudos
GoBruins wrote:
Avernusaur wrote:
Current Students: Any suggestions for what a first-time visitor should do while in Ann Arbor?

Can't go wrong with Zimmermans, it's the deli there, it's great but expensive, then again it's GREAT!

Zingerman's Delicatessen

GoBruins, when are you coming to campus???[/quote]

I'm not going back to campus this year, I'm just gonna reapp. I think I got to see most of ann arbor and the program last time I was there. How ya liking it? and what's with the name change?

EDIT: GREAT DELI though, it's almost worth the trip. If I do get another interview this time, I'm gonna interview locally.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:Columbia Business School - Class of 2012
Send PM
Does anyone have the recommender questions for Ross?

Thank you in advance
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
In essay 3 does one has to give reason why one couldn't pursue the alternative career one is talking about in the essay ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
priyank123 wrote:
In essay 3 does one has to give reason why one couldn't pursue the alternative career one is talking about in the essay ?

I do not think you need to say that, since you are already describing something you would be doing instead of Bschool or your current job.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
Going to Ann Arbor to visit next Monday. All the suggestions are going to come in handy!
Intern
Intern
Schools:Emory 2012
 Q49  V44
Send PM
eminent wrote:
Does anyone have the recommender questions for Ross?

Thank you in advance

Here you go

Letter’s of Recommendation:
At Ross we expect our students to grapple with complex, multidisciplinary problems that challenge society. Our unique approach to utilizing action-based learning and interdisciplinary experiences allows our students to develop the skills to build and lead organizations. We are looking for candidates who have a track record of achievement and impact, will thrive in a team-based environment and who demonstrate the potential to lead organizations.
Please answer the following questions and provide specific examples where possible.
1. How long and in what context have you known the applicant? What is the peer group you are using for your comparison?
2. Please describe the applicant’s strengths and his/her impact on your organization.
3. What are the two or three things you would recommend that the applicant do more of or less of to be more effective as a leader?
4. Our students are involved in classroom experiences and action-based project courses where their active participation is the mechanism for learning. Please comment on the applicant's ability to help create knowledge in the workplace (i.e., ask questions, learn, contribute and transfer knowledge to staff, team members, and supervisors).
5. Please feel free to provide any other information you think is relevant to our evaluation.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 686 [2]
Concentration: sustainability, social enterprise, design
Schools:Erb Institute: Ross | SNRE
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Kudos
Hey folks! I've been inactive for a while (schools way busier than I ever imagined it would be) but wanted to put myself out as a resource. I'm a first year student at Ross and am part of the Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise, a 3-year MBA/MS in Environmental Science. It's an awesome program focused on environmental sustainability and arguably the best in the world. The students/administration are excellent and it's great to be part of such a strong and passionate community.

The way it works is you start at either Ross or the School of Natural Resources. The following year you switch to the other school. The final year is a combo of the two. You have two internships and work on a year-long master's project. You need to apply separately to the two schools and if you're accepted into both, then you're in Erb.

Across the three years, there's about 100 students. Right now in the class of 2012, there are about 30 Erb students, though it's expected to get up to ~50 since current first year students in either Ross or SNRE will apply. The program's growing every year and gaining in recognition.

There's of course a lot more to Erb. If you want to learn more, do get in touch.

Good luck!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 686 [1]
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Kudos
highhopes wrote:
I'm taking an informal poll.

I'm not going to be able to fit my ECs into essays 1-4 (without really stretching). I'm guessing others are/will have this problem as well. Is it better to (1) Use the "Is there anything else we should know about you" essay or (2) Just let it be and let them reside in the application portion?

I would go with #2, but the text fields for specifying the activities in the application are sooo small.

When I applied last year, I didn't see a good place for me to fit in my ECs and it was an important area I wanted to emphasize. I put it in #1. Of course I can't say what impact it had or didn't have on my application, but I did end up with a partial scholarship to Ross :).
Current Student
Send PM
Went to visit Ross today. I had a great time there, all the students seem to really get along well and the team emphasis was very evident.

Given my interest in energy, I walked over to the Erb office to ask some questions. I ended up spending two hours talking to Cyndy Cleveland, the Program Coordinator. She really provided a great window into Erb. Right now, I'm pretty excited about it and the opportunities within.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 686 [0]
 Q49  V44
Send PM
unhedged wrote:
Went to visit Ross today. I had a great time there, all the students seem to really get along well and the team emphasis was very evident.

Given my interest in energy, I walked over to the Erb office to ask some questions. I ended up spending two hours talking to Cyndy Cleveland, the Program Coordinator. She really provided a great window into Erb. Right now, I'm pretty excited about it and the opportunities within.

Yes, any talk with Cyndy will be 2 hours :). She's awesome though and a great resource.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Sustainability & Corporate Social Responsibility
Schools:Ross, Fuqua
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Anyone from the board going to the information session in San Francisco tomorrow (9/29)?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
priyank123 wrote:

No, there is no need to explain why you aren't pursuing that career. You should have already addressed in your other essays why you are primarily interested in the career you do want to pursue, so there is no need to explain why you cannot pursue this alternative option. Hope this makes sense.

~Sam
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
is there any document we need to send to Ross by post ?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Stanford, Haas, Ross, Kellogg, Yale
 Q48  V48
Send PM
Is anyone else having trouble finding where to upload their transcript on the Ross online application? I know it is there on the application but cannot find it!
Current Student
Send PM
claire84 wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble finding where to upload their transcript on the Ross online application? I know it is there on the application but cannot find it!

its towards the end, like page 16 or 17. there are 3 transcript screens plus an additional file upload screen.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts