GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 29 Mar 2020, 14:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Ross Michigan Waitlisted 2019-2020 Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy
Re: Calling all Ross Michigan Waitlisted 2019-2020 Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2020, 09:17
What are the chances of gettings scholarship money off of WL? Assume a couple letters from current students submitted.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2020, 10:10
How do we get the waitlist instructions? Is it a mail or something else entirely? Little worried about the lack of communication since the offices opened back up...
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 22:32
Hi! Did any waitlist candidates get a call from AdCom recently to understand if they are still interested?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 01:27
mm25 wrote:
Hi! Did any waitlist candidates get a call from AdCom recently to understand if they are still interested?

Nope. Did you?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.58
WE: Operations (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2020, 08:30
Hi,

Has any round 1 waitlisted candidate interviewed post waitlist? I was waitlisted w/o interview in round 1 and then interviewed along with the round 2 candidates. Just wanted to check if I should expect an update along with round 2 decision release now?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2020, 18:10
Hey did any candidate waitlisted in R1, hear anything from the adcom recently? In the last communication they had mentioned they will call some of the waitlisted candidates a few days before R2 decisions to check their status.

Kellogg School Moderator
B
GRE 1: Q170 V164

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2020, 00:17
AR1234567 wrote:
mm25 wrote:

Nope. Did you?

I interviewed with them on 4th Feb.

I am guessing the results will be out on 18th March with the R2 results.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Yale '22 (D)

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2020, 17:41
mm25 were you accepted?

If not called today, does that mean not admitted or still waitlisted? Any chance waitlist calls go out tomorrow?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2020, 18:07
Hey, what country did you apply from? If international, there's still a chance of admission as they said they're calling international applicants on March 17th and they didn't specify if it's U.S. time, but I imagine it is.

Also, they said they would "try" to call those who were admitted. So even if you're a U.S. applicant, it seems like there's still a chance, but you may have to wait until the portal posting on the 18th.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Yale '22 (D)

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2020, 18:37
Thanks ag0.

I am from US so pretty worried right now.

Good luck :)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2020, 18:42
Fingers cross for you as well.

Perhaps the admissions team is impacted by the coronavirus and will do U.S. calls later. I saw they cancelled all commencement ceremonies this year, but haven't seen anything from admissions about whether this impacts their timeline. Just a thought.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2020, 20:58
Guys I got waitlisted at Ross without an interview. Should I be expecting to get an interview call based on the updates I send to the school?

My GMAT score of 670 is the weakest part of my application. However, with this Corona quarantines, I don't see how I can retake anytime soon. What else can I do instead? Should I be doing any online courses and score well on that? I just had a major promotion in Oct 2019 - so I can't give them any update on that front.

Please help me - what should I be doing from here?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2020, 08:36
Abhi1291 wrote:
Guys I got waitlisted at Ross without an interview. Should I be expecting to get an interview call based on the updates I send to the school?

My GMAT score of 670 is the weakest part of my application. However, with this Corona quarantines, I don't see how I can retake anytime soon. What else can I do instead? Should I be doing any online courses and score well on that? I just had a major promotion in Oct 2019 - so I can't give them any update on that front.

I got Waitlisted W/O an interview too!
I have a 730 GMAT don't know what to expect
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2020, 08:56
Priyanka1293 wrote:
Abhi1291 wrote:

I got Waitlisted W/O an interview too!
I have a 730 GMAT don't know what to expect

I was waitlisted at Duke without an interview, then I submitted an update (Job promotion and continued interest in the school) and got an interview call.
I would suggest looking at your application and identifying the weak points and trying to address them. Speak to current students and alumni, learn more about the school, attend virtual events etc and then write about what you learned with specific details.
Submit new references (If the school is ok with that)
Every school has a different waitlist procedure and update requirements. So you will need to read up on that.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2020, 02:03
Hey - no I didn't hear back. I don't think any WL candidates did? Portal still shows the "Thank you for accepting waitlist" message.

sixxx wrote:
mm25 were you accepted?

If not called today, does that mean not admitted or still waitlisted? Any chance waitlist calls go out tomorrow?

Manager
Manager
S
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2020, 06:46
mm25, Priyanka1293, Abhi1291 - Sorry to hear that you're on the waitlist, but the good news is there is a lot you can do. The Novel Coronavirus makes things a little more complicated so I put together this post about what to expect:

Round 2 waitlist notifications are trickling out from various MBA and graduate programs over the coming weeks. We’ve already written extensively on what to do to navigate the waitlist process, but how does that change in this age of Coronavirus?

1. Higher admissions yields.

First, the negative effects of COVID19 were isolated to declines in the stock market as investors worried that international trade would slow from China. Now that the virus has spread worldwide and nationwide, the effects are more widely felt through the closing of bars, restaurants, and public venues, the transition to remote work, and other measures to promote “social distancing.” These measures will likely lead to a large general contraction in the economy as service-sector businesses lose profitability, remote work (for all its virtues) depresses productivity, paid sick leave laws reduce the attractiveness of expanding workforces, and eventually white-collar layoffs begin.

Anticipating these effects, many more young professionals will seek a harbor in the storm and look to the two years of business school as a place to ride things out while bolstering their resume.

2. Fewer admits off the waitlist.

Waitlists only exist to give the school the flexibility to replace students who decline their offer of admission in order to get to the exact ideal number of students. If going to business school is comparatively more attractive, and the lagging nature of business school admissions means that the admissions committee will have awarded the same number of acceptances, it is only logical that there will be few, if any, unclaimed spots for the waitlist.

More than ever, it will be important to wage an “active” versus “passive” waitlist campaign to ensure that if there are any open spots on the waitlist, you will be among the first one or two admitted.

3. A different argument for admission.

For the next year, the nature of business school – and all education for that matter – has changed. International trips are canceled, in-person discussions are replaced with distance learning, and the casual contact at the heart of MBA networking is now a threatening proposition. A key part of any active waitlist campaign is to argue why it is imperative for you to attend a particular school – given its unique resources – in order to achieve a particular vision for the future that you will work towards in your career. Those unique resources have changed and therefore, as you navigate the waitlist, so should your message.

Read more here and see all our waitlist coverage.

IvyAdmissionsGroup.com | Want to know your odds of admission? Get our free assessment here.
Apply to business school like you're running for office. You're the candidate. We're your campaign managers.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2020, 03:35
NateFromHBS wrote:
mm25, Priyanka1293, Abhi1291 - Sorry to hear that you're on the waitlist, but the good news is there is a lot you can do. The Novel Coronavirus makes things a little more complicated so I put together this post about what to expect:

Round 2 waitlist notifications are trickling out from various MBA and graduate programs over the coming weeks. We’ve already written extensively on what to do to navigate the waitlist process, but how does that change in this age of Coronavirus?

1. Higher admissions yields.

First, the negative effects of COVID19 were isolated to declines in the stock market as investors worried that international trade would slow from China. Now that the virus has spread worldwide and nationwide, the effects are more widely felt through the closing of bars, restaurants, and public venues, the transition to remote work, and other measures to promote “social distancing.” These measures will likely lead to a large general contraction in the economy as service-sector businesses lose profitability, remote work (for all its virtues) depresses productivity, paid sick leave laws reduce the attractiveness of expanding workforces, and eventually white-collar layoffs begin.

Anticipating these effects, many more young professionals will seek a harbor in the storm and look to the two years of business school as a place to ride things out while bolstering their resume.

2. Fewer admits off the waitlist.

Waitlists only exist to give the school the flexibility to replace students who decline their offer of admission in order to get to the exact ideal number of students. If going to business school is comparatively more attractive, and the lagging nature of business school admissions means that the admissions committee will have awarded the same number of acceptances, it is only logical that there will be few, if any, unclaimed spots for the waitlist.

More than ever, it will be important to wage an “active” versus “passive” waitlist campaign to ensure that if there are any open spots on the waitlist, you will be among the first one or two admitted.

3. A different argument for admission.

For the next year, the nature of business school – and all education for that matter – has changed. International trips are canceled, in-person discussions are replaced with distance learning, and the casual contact at the heart of MBA networking is now a threatening proposition. A key part of any active waitlist campaign is to argue why it is imperative for you to attend a particular school – given its unique resources – in order to achieve a particular vision for the future that you will work towards in your career. Those unique resources have changed and therefore, as you navigate the waitlist, so should your message.

Read more here and see all our waitlist coverage.

NateFromHBS , Thank you so much for your detailed analysis!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2020, 06:33
Nate, where are you getting the info that all trips and meetings are canceled for the next year? Ross moves classes online until the end of the term (end of April) and cancelled commencement. I didn’t see anything about classes being online in September when we would start.

Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2020, 10:36
ag03tra wrote:
Nate, where are you getting the info that all trips and meetings are canceled for the next year? Ross moves classes online until the end of the term (end of April) and cancelled commencement. I didn’t see anything about classes being online in September when we would start.

I think that was just an argument that the MBA experience might be very different during the first year for those of us still planning to start school this fall. I don't believe any school has announced anything yet regarding classes beyond current term/semester.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Darden '22 (S)

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2020, 08:45
variantguy - Do you know if Ross sends an email to waitlisted candidates shortly after the decision deadline?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Ross Michigan Waitlisted 2019-2020 Applicants   [#permalink] 23 Mar 2020, 08:45

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 40 posts ] 

Calling all Ross Michigan Waitlisted 2019-2020 Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: variantguy, anjalyly