GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 30 Mar 2020, 00:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Waitlisted
31 May, 2019
31 May 2019, 04:05
Private, GMAT: 710, Q48, V40; GPA: 3.51; WE: 24 months; United States; via Portal_update
sucks [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Cambridge"20 (S)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2019, 07:53
Hello, anyone has any idea how much time is given for the admitted applicants to accept their offer?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 2: 690 Q41 V42
GRE 1: Q163 V164
WE: Account Management (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2019, 11:26
lereve19 wrote:
Hello, anyone has any idea how much time is given for the admitted applicants to accept their offer?

I believe in R3 we were given around 5-6 weeks to accept/reject the offer.
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GPA: 3.36

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2019, 12:32
R4 admits have about four weeks to one month to confirm.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2019, 21:50
Thanks for the updates!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2019, 03:46
Has anyone from the waitlist been rejected or accepted yet? Or received an update from Oxford?
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2019, 19:23
alllllll wrote:
Has anyone from the waitlist been rejected or accepted yet? Or received an update from Oxford?

alllllll

Which round were you waitlisted in? From the decision tracker, I see there is only one waitlisted applicant.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/said-211/dec ... acker.html
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2019, 16:07
Hi... is there anyone who is on the waitlist and has gotten an update ?

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 04:32
MBADecoder wrote:
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:

DEADLINES
Stage 1 7 September 2018
Stage 2 2 November 2018
Stage 3 11 January 2019
Stage 4 5 April 2019

Mandatory essays:
1. Consider a statistic or trend that shocks you. Why it is important to you and how could it be changed for the better? (Maximum 500 words)

2. Is there anything not covered in the application form which you would like the Admissions Committee to know about you? (Maximum 250 words)

3. Re-applicants only: What improvements have you made in your candidacy since you last applied to the Oxford MBA programme? * Maximum 250 words
FROM The ADCOM: Please keep to the word count, though a tolerance of +/- 10% is acceptable.

Career Goals essays (Select one of the 3 categories and answer. All questions have a character word limit)
(FOR EMPLOYMENT POST MBA)
1. Describe below your immediate plan after graduating from the MBA
2. How does your preferred sector in your preferred location recruit MBA talent and what do they look for in a candidate? Describe the research you have done so far.
3. Reflecting on your answer above, how do you meet these requirements?
4. What do you plan to do between now and starting your MBA to prepare and maximise your chances of success?
5. Should you not be successful in securing your first choice of role, what is your alternative?

(FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP POST MBA):
1. Describe your business idea including details of your business plan and the steps you have taken so far to develop or launch your business idea
2. How will the MBA help you start, or further develop, your own business?
3. What do you plan to do between now and starting your MBA to prepare and maximise your chances of success?
4. Should you not be successful in developing or launching your own business, what is your alternative?

(FOR OTHERS, SUCH AS FAMILY BUSINESS, POST MBA):
1. Describe your plan after graduating from the MBA
2. How does the MBA fit in your plans and how will it enhance your short-term direction?
3. How will you develop your career goals before starting your MBA?
4. What research have you already conducted? What further research will you do?
5. How will the MBA help equip you for the future?

Other Requirements
1. An undergraduate degree
2. Relevant professional experience detailed in a 1-page CV
3. GMAT or GRE score
4. English test (if required)
5. Two professional/academic References
6. £150 application fee

I am not sure if there are so many application essay questions. I think there is only one. "Tell us something that is not covered in your application which you would like the Admissions Committee to know about you. (Maximum 250 words)" Can someone clarify?

Knock yourself out.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 01:23
Oh you'll be surprised. Do note, only the additional things essay and Current job essay have limitations. The others are unspecified.

There are also a few video essays (one of which is why Oxford and why MBA), and the others are randomised. There is one separate written essay as well, together with the video essays.

I've listed down the essay questions below. I was called for interview, and I'm awaiting the results (due today). Didn't ace the interview because I was having a rough week, but won't be that disappointed if I don't get in.

Additional things (250 words)
Current job (5,000 characters)
Describe below your immediate plan after graduating from the MBA
How does your preferred sector in your preferred location recruit MBA talent and what do they look for in a candidate? Describe the research you have done so far.
Reflecting on your answer above, how do you meet these requirements?
What do you plan to do between now and starting your MBA to prepare and maximise your chances of success?
Should you not be successful in securing your first choice of role, what is your alternative?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 12 Dec 2019, 01:23

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   [ 250 posts ] 

Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: nvdmurty, sunmoon