It is currently 25 Sep 2017, 20:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants

  post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 495

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

Problems while accessing the online link [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2007, 22:13
Is anyone having problems while accessing the online application link for TUCK. I am to logon but the application for admission seems to be disabled?

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth
Re: Problems while accessing the online link [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2007, 02:22
yogeshsheth wrote:
Is anyone having problems while accessing the online application link for TUCK. I am to logon but the application for admission seems to be disabled?


I just logged in, but the app for 2008 is not available yet.

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 495

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

Re: Problems while accessing the online link [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2007, 21:40
helg wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:
Is anyone having problems while accessing the online application link for TUCK. I am to logon but the application for admission seems to be disabled?


I just logged in, but the app for 2008 is not available yet.


It was available on friday. I had logged in. It seems they have taken it offline again.

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth
Re: Problems while accessing the online link [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2007, 02:29
yogeshsheth wrote:
helg wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:
Is anyone having problems while accessing the online application link for TUCK. I am to logon but the application for admission seems to be disabled?


I just logged in, but the app for 2008 is not available yet.


It was available on friday. I had logged in. It seems they have taken it offline again.


Hey! Did you manage to save the essay questions? :-D

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 495

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

Re: Problems while accessing the online link [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2007, 06:37
helg wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:
helg wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:
Is anyone having problems while accessing the online application link for TUCK. I am to logon but the application for admission seems to be disabled?


I just logged in, but the app for 2008 is not available yet.


It was available on friday. I had logged in. It seems they have taken it offline again.


Hey! Did you manage to save the essay questions? :-D


posted the essay questions on the application information thread.
They are also available on blog.clearadmit.com

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth
Re: Problems while accessing the online link [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2007, 04:36
yogeshsheth wrote:
helg wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:
Is anyone having problems while accessing the online application link for TUCK. I am to logon but the application for admission seems to be disabled?


I just logged in, but the app for 2008 is not available yet.


It was available on friday. I had logged in. It seems they have taken it offline again.


I do not get it... Whether Tuck did not change the essay questions for 2007-2008 or the Application Form has not been renewed yet, although it did say it was a 2007-2008 Application Form...

:stupid

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 495

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2007, 21:47
No change in essay questions

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2007, 22:30
yogeshsheth wrote:
No change in essay questions


Wow. That makes it harder for re-applicants.

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 504

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2007, 09:26
I'm in...shooting for R1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 22 Apr 2007
Posts: 1097

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2007, 10:43
I got this email from Tuck (Now you guys can put the questions about this year's essays to rest):

---------------

We are pleased to inform you that the Tuck School of Business application is now open. We encourage you to review the "How to Apply" page before beginning your application. You may create a new account or access your exisiting acount by clicking here .

If you have any questions, please email us at tuck.admissions@dartmouth.edu

Warm regards,

Tuck Admissions Team
Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth
100 Tuck Hall
Hanover, NH 03755
Office Hours (Eastern Time) Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Phone: 603-646-3162
Email: tuck.admissions@dartmouth.edu
Website: http://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu

Last edited by mNeo on 11 Aug 2007, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 495

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2007, 03:53
Tuck asks to give a reason if you not initiated interviews. Being an international applicant its a bit difficult for me to make arrangements to visit the school and take interviews.
Would this be a sufficient reason

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2007, 04:10
yogeshsheth wrote:
Tuck asks to give a reason if you not initiated interviews. Being an international applicant its a bit difficult for me to make arrangements to visit the school and take interviews.
Would this be a sufficient reason


Yeah. When I applied last year I gave the same reason and it went OK with the adcom, they offered me a phone interview.

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 495

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2007, 04:15
helg wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:
Tuck asks to give a reason if you not initiated interviews. Being an international applicant its a bit difficult for me to make arrangements to visit the school and take interviews.
Would this be a sufficient reason


Yeah. When I applied last year I gave the same reason and it went OK with the adcom, they offered me a phone interview.


Thanks helq
Thats good to hear!!

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 496

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2007, 03:38
Hello Tuck 2008 applicants!

I just wanted to ask ... what do you guys think about Tuck's essay questions? I am kind of struggling with the constructive criticism one, any constructive ideas about that one?

Also, how important are extracurricular activities? It seems to me that Tuck does not care about extracurricular as much as other top schools

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 495

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2007, 23:15
I am bit stuck with the leadership essay, Inspiring others to achieve something significant, Guys any pointers one should write about.
Would leading society work here..

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2007, 06:36
yogeshsheth wrote:
I am bit stuck with the leadership essay, Inspiring others to achieve something significant, Guys any pointers one should write about.
Would leading society work here..


from accepted.com:

"This question is also a repeat and reveals the importance Tuck, like many MBA programs, places on leadership..
Have you inspired a troubled teen to apply himself academically? Have you chaired a fund raiser that raised a record amount of money? Have you captained a sports team that led your intra-mural or company league? Have you been a team lead on a project that came in on time and under budget? Are you head of a sales team? These would all be examples of leadership. How did you inspire your teammates to achieve? Answer all elements in the question."

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 192

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2007, 09:39
helg wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:
No change in essay questions


Wow. That makes it harder for re-applicants.


Helq,

dont they have a smaller set of questions for re-applicants? It would be unfair to make re-applicants go through the same set of questions again.

I am re-applying to CL and WH and both of them a shorter list of questions.

Which all school are you applying to?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2007, 09:52
DJM wrote:
helg wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:
No change in essay questions


Wow. That makes it harder for re-applicants.


Helq,

dont they have a smaller set of questions for re-applicants? It would be unfair to make re-applicants go through the same set of questions again.

I am re-applying to CL and WH and both of them a shorter list of questions.

Which all school are you applying to?


Wharton is the only school that has a reduced number of essay questions (-1) for me. With Tuck it's actually +1 since they ask the answers to all the same question plus a re-applicant essay. Chicago reworked the whole application package so I have to completely fill it in.

I actually value the opportunity to re-write the whole pack of essay because I have learned so much more in the last year. Now that I look at my last year essay I can see what a load of cr@p they were :-D

I target at reapplying at Tuck, Chicago, Wharton plus (new) HBS in R1. Afterwards... let's hope there will be no afterwards ;)

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 407

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 11

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2007, 18:43
helg wrote:

I actually value the opportunity to re-write the whole pack of essay because I have learned so much more in the last year. Now that I look at my last year essay I can see what a load of cr@p they were :-D

I target at reapplying at Tuck, Chicago, Wharton plus (new) HBS in R1. Afterwards... let's hope there will be no afterwards ;)


Agreed. I'll be reapplying to Tuck... However, I remember them saying that they may compare last year's application with the reapplication. I'm concerned as I think I may have revealed certain information best kept to myself (causing me to be dinged) and that if I reapply, I'm just setting myself up for a ding. Good luck for your reapp.

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 11

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2007, 22:51
adc_away wrote:
helg wrote:

I actually value the opportunity to re-write the whole pack of essay because I have learned so much more in the last year. Now that I look at my last year essay I can see what a load of cr@p they were :-D

I target at reapplying at Tuck, Chicago, Wharton plus (new) HBS in R1. Afterwards... let's hope there will be no afterwards ;)


Agreed. I'll be reapplying to Tuck... However, I remember them saying that they may compare last year's application with the reapplication. I'm concerned as I think I may have revealed certain information best kept to myself (causing me to be dinged) and that if I reapply, I'm just setting myself up for a ding. Good luck for your reapp.


thanks!
g'luck to u as well!
why don't you use the optional essay (#5) to ameliorate those possible consequences of the last year application? I think that it is a great opportunity.

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

  [#permalink] 07 Aug 2007, 22:51

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  29    Next  [ 564 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants

  post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: aeropower, OasisGC, bb10



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.