Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:06 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink]
ASW is April 18-20th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi guys,

I just had my interview in Singapore yesterday. Interviewer was a Tuck alum currently working for BCG.

We had the interview in a quiet bar in the Regents hotel. I ended up wearing full formal gear but my interviewer turned up in khakis and shirt :-)

It was nice... normal... resume-based mostly. He asked about my experience doing ibanking in Vietnam... expressed a bit of concern for my relative lack of experience (as compared to other classmates) and asked how I would address that. About 20 mins was spared for questions and he was very enthusiastic and detailed with his answers.

Couldn't tell if he had a good time or not. He looked a bit tired, probably because it was at the end of the day. Told me he wouldn't know anything about Tuck's decision for my case either and that he normally hears from the interviewees when they ask for feedbacks :-)

In any case, I hope I show him enough how much I want to be part of this community. I have come to be very impressed by Tuck's connection and care for each individual applicant (applicant, not admitted student) over the last few weeks. Reminds me so much of my time at my alma mater, Amherst.

Onto the long wait now, best of luck to all of us.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Send PM
Hi longatum thanks for sharing your experience. So how do you feel about your performance overall?
I had my interview yesterday also and I am not happy with how I did, I was just really tired after a very stressful day at work and I didn't sound as enthusiastic as I should have been :(, oh well ... what is done is done :done
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think I did ok... It was not an exceptional interview - just a "normal" one (quoting my interviewer's word when he talked about his interviewing exp.)... it was a combo of the fact that he seemed tired and I was a bit, too, after the long flight. But given all the conditions, I think I did my best.

Good to hear you completed yours, Darden. I know it's very hard not to but I don't think we should read too much into the atmosphere of the interview. It's hard to guess how the interviewer feels about us. A friend of mine had his interview for Chicago a while ago. Thought he didn't do well at all and ended up getting an offer (with $$$$).

1 month is a long wait, but random posting and continuously hitting F5 at work should get us through the period just fine, mehehehe...

Good luck to everyone...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know when the "Ding" notification will be sent to the applicant that is deemed "unfit" for Tuck? For Wharton it is Feb 21. I am curious to know if there is such a hard date for Tuck. I am yet to see anything of that kind and any inquiries to the Tuck AdCom seems to come back with a response that is so plain vanilla (I called it the Mother of All Boiler Plate Responses) that I completely dropped the idea of even calling them over the phone. This wait is a bit unnerving and annoying. But is there any other choice.. :lol:

Good luck to all those waiting for the Interview Invites and congratulations to all those who got it
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I dug through last years forums and the impression I got was that everything comes within 1-2 days of the deadline. I guess if you haven't interviewed by the deadline then that might be an early sign?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Maybe I should remove myself from the R2 roll call on this thread, after the disappointing experience called 'an interview' yesterday :( ... I cannot believe I have come so far to blew everything in about 30 minutes :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Darden2010 wrote:
Maybe I should remove myself from the R2 roll call on this thread, after the disappointing experience called 'an interview' yesterday :( ... I cannot believe I have come so far to blew everything in about 30 minutes :(

Mate,
You can't lose heart at this stage.. Irrespective of how you feel about your interview yesterday, the interviewer might have a totally different opion.. For all that matters, his/her opinion might be diametrically opposite to yours..Don't panic yet..Compared to many of us who are still awaiting an interview call from Tuck, you are in a much better shape..If anything, you should be happy that you are not losing your finger nails as I've been chewing up all day.. If that doesn't make you happy, the fact that my F5 key on the keyboard is now almost broken..Its been that much agonizing..So, don't lose your hope yet.. :lol:

Stay positive and you may never knew unless you read a letter or e-mail notification that announces your selection..So, Good luck..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Good luck darden! I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think!

On a different subject, for the financial aid essay - I am thinking the response is similar to what I would have given to the "tell me about yourself" interview question? Any thoughts?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I don't know if I should even bother to write the financial aid essay since I have almost lost all hope for Tuck :(

But if I were to write it I think I will structure it more like the 'personal statement' that I wrote when I applied to undergraduate college, because it is more of a biographical statement with facts rather than just letting someone know you
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
wizardofwashington wrote:
Don't panic yet..Compared to many of us who are still awaiting an interview call from Tuck, you are in a much better shape.

wizardofwashington than you for trying to make me feel better :). But I think a ding is a ding, whether it comes before or after the interview the result is still the same = no Tuck next year :(

My problem is that my hope has not totally died, so I am still in the waiting mode the same as you ... Waiting is difficult no matter if you are waiting for an interview invite or a decision call.

FYI there is 29 days, 12 hours and 13 min to decision, ... the good news is that the number of days starts with a 2 now, yayyyyy!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dude, you're being too dramatic and that doesn't help with the overall mood. Cheer up... the whole admission thing to top schools is just unpredictable... you never know. Fight the fear, fight the fear, mann... we're gonna be all right :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys,

Does Tuck send out thank-you e-mails ppl after interviews? If yes, I haven't received any... does that mean the interviewer has not submitted his feedback?
Current Student
Send PM
Nope, they dont.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V47
Send PM
Does anyone know when the "Ding" notification will be sent to the applicant that is deemed "unfit" for Tuck? For Wharton it is Feb 21. I am curious to know if there is such a hard date for Tuck. I am yet to see anything of that kind and any inquiries to the Tuck AdCom seems to come back with a response that is so plain vanilla (I called it the Mother of All Boiler Plate Responses) that I completely dropped the idea of even calling them over the phone. This wait is a bit unnerving and annoying. But is there any other choice.. :lol:

Good luck to all those waiting for the Interview Invites and congratulations to all those who got it

i got an email this morning
but i applied through the consortium
it said 2/28
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
How would this 2/28 mail compare with a "not accepted"? Sorry for asking but it seems like if the "ding" emails go on 2/28 that people who dont receive one should expect an Admit mail on 3/21? Sort of strange? Or maybe there are 2 levels of "ding"?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
livingfossil wrote:

i got an email this morning
but i applied through the consortium
it said 2/28

Thanks, Mate.. As Westsider indicated, I see this as two-levels of ding..the 2/28 dings are the ones we call" Denied without Interview" and the 3/21 will be the "Ding after Interview".
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  29