Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q42  V49
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q51  V34
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
Hi all...

I'm working on the scholarship application and there is something I'm not sure about...

I'm a US citizen but I live, work and pay taxes in another country.

when I file my US tax forms, I report my foreign income and I am exempt from US income taxes as I am already paying where I live.

I will enter all of my foreign income, savings, etc. but what should I enter in the "2008 estimated income taxes" line?

Do I enter what I pay where I live or '0' as I am exempt from US income taxes?

I plan to call the office but they won't be in until Tuesday and I'd rather get this over with :-)

thanks

O
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
I am an R1 applicant from Indian. And I suppose, being an international applicant, I cannot schedule a telephonic interview myself.I am worried about the interviews as well. Is it a good idea to call the adcom this monday?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Ibanking
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
Send PM
I'm working on my scholly app and I'm realizing that I addressed all the topics (below in italics) they suggest in essay #4. So, I changed about three sentences and I'm sending it off. I guess I'll find out just how connected the Financial aid and admissions offices are.

Please write a short biographical essay, no longer than 500 words, telling us about
yourself. Noteworthy topics may include:
• Undergraduate degree and honors or awards
• Extracurricular activities (volunteer, leadership, sports, etc.)
• Work experience
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
AZCFA wrote:
I'm working on my scholly app and I'm realizing that I addressed all the topics (below in italics) they suggest in essay #4. So, I changed about three sentences and I'm sending it off. I guess I'll find out just how connected the Financial aid and admissions offices are.

Hmmm.... I kinda touch on a couple of those points in essay #4, but the format was entirely wrong for the scholarship essay.

That being said, I have absolutely no clue how to write the scholarship essay. I ended up doing a short history of schooling and professional life, then focused on work and EC leadership, then finished with a short post-MBA impact statement.

:??? :??? :??? :???

Considering I'll be out of town for the next couple days, it's gonna have to do!

RF
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.6 - Top public
WE 1: Investment Management
Send PM
I am trying to incorporate all parts of my candidacy by talking about (i) Personal story, (ii) academics, (iii) profession, and (iv) Hobbies. My final word count is 570. Anyone has an idea if we can go above word limit here.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Ibanking
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
Send PM
I wouldn't go over but that's just me.
Current Student
Send PM
levfin2003 wrote:
I am trying to incorporate all parts of my candidacy by talking about (i) Personal story, (ii) academics, (iii) profession, and (iv) Hobbies. My final word count is 570. Anyone has an idea if we can go above word limit here.

It seemed to me the word count was pretty strict "...not more than 500 words...".

RF
Manager
Manager
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
Send PM
That sucks....it tough to present everything in 500 words...I'll have to cut out a lot.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Send PM
This is going to be painful. 2.5 months without even so much as a blip of approval or a thumbs up.
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V41
Send PM
agold wrote:
This is going to be painful. 2.5 months without even so much as a blip of approval or a thumbs up.

With the really intense interview I had, I don't know what to expect.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Haas '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
levfin2003 wrote:

Can you elaborate on the "intense" interview?

Like those GMAT clubbers who have come before me, I am writing this from the Dartmouth Coach on my way up to Hanover :) Interviewing tomorrow at 3:45pm & will post a re-cap when possible (although I'm assuming most of you have already interviewed :P)
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V41
Send PM
TL wrote:
levfin2003 wrote:

Can you elaborate on the "intense" interview?

Like those GMAT clubbers who have come before me, I am writing this from the Dartmouth Coach on my way up to Hanover :) Interviewing tomorrow at 3:45pm & will post a re-cap when possible (although I'm assuming most of you have already interviewed :P)

It was not the average friendly Tuck interview that you hear about. She went straight from career goals to behavioral questions (a lot of them). She hardly asked me about extracurricular, interests, hobbies or anything personal. It was my first interview so I wasn't prepared. Plus after reading others' experiences, I wasn't expecting to be bombarded by 5 or 6 behavioral questions.
Current Student
Send PM
agold wrote:

Are you still working on essays? I'm looking forward to laying low for a week or so then completing my final two apps before Xmas in a somewhat more relaxed pace!

RF
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V41
Send PM
I am having my interviews for R1 applications this week. But will start working on R2 applications next week.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
levfin2003 wrote:
It was not the average friendly Tuck interview that you hear about. She went straight from career goals to behavioral questions (a lot of them). She hardly asked me about extracurricular, interests, hobbies or anything personal. It was my first interview so I wasn't prepared. Plus after reading others' experiences, I wasn't expecting to be bombarded by 5 or 6 behavioral questions.

Similar to mine... not the conversational one I thought it would be. Also my first, and also felt I did not perform well.

Oh well, it will be all to real in a month when we find out.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
refurb wrote:
agold wrote:

Are you still working on essays? I'm looking forward to laying low for a week or so then completing my final two apps before Xmas in a somewhat more relaxed pace!

RF

I took care of the Tuck scholarship essay yesterday. I am going to try to do Columbia over the next week, and then H/S/W in December before the holidays.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
sam77sam7 wrote:
levfin2003 wrote:

Similar to mine... not the conversational one I thought it would be. Also my first, and also felt I did not perform well.

Oh well, it will be all to real in a month when we find out.

Same as both of you. I was not a fan of my Tuck interview.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  37