Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:07 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 1357 [0]
Given Kudos: 334
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Freeman, Simon, Jones, Smeal, COX
 Q48  V33 GMAT 2: 690  Q48  V36
GPA: 3.83
WE 1: IT - 3 Years
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Tulane (A$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Tulane Freeman 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi everybody. I got admitted to Freeman class of 2014. Would like to connect with people who are considering this school. Anybody going to the admitted students event on Monday, Feb 27?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello yaroslavl,

Congratulations on being admitted to Freeman!

Where are you from? Since I am an international student, my Visa won't be processed so soon for me to be able to attend the Feb 27 event. I don't really know what it is about either.

Have you paid the commitment fee?

Regards,
Samra
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Samra, I am Russian originally, but reside in the US. I am going to visit the Freeman campus this weekend and check out New Orleans. I have not committed yet, as I am waiting to hear from two other schools. However, I really like the international curriculum at Freeman and their approach to "global". I would say that I will accept the offer, unless other schools come up with a WAAAY better one)))
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yaroslavl wrote:
Hi Samra, I am Russian originally, but reside in the US. I am going to visit the Freeman campus this weekend and check out New Orleans. I have not committed yet, as I am waiting to hear from two other schools. However, I really like the international curriculum at Freeman and their approach to "global". I would say that I will accept the offer, unless other schools come up with a WAAAY better one)))

Hey yaroslavl,

Congratulations on your admit to Freeman!!!

I too have an admit from Freeman and have sent my acceptance. As I am international candidate I cannot visit NO for this event. I guess you can share your experiences from you visit.:)

Regards
Varun
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am also waiting to hear from 4 more institutes :p but I decided not to delay the payment and risk delaying the visa. Don't want any trouble with that. Plus I'm convinced I won't get a better scholarship offer anywhere else. Its a little miracle that I got offered as much here! ... and an MBA without a significant amount of scholarship is almost impossible for me to fund myself.

Please share your views about the school and New Orleans when you are done with your analysis :)

All the best and have fun!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,
I definitely will report my observations after the visit. So far, I can report that everybody on the admissions team has been VERY helpful and welcoming and nice. And I totally agree about the scholarship - I doubt I will get an offer like that anywhere else. Plus New Orleans sounds like an awesome place - I have signed up for a 5 hour tour of the city, just to get a better idea what it's like. I will let you all know. Plus the weather is always pretty nice there, which is very important to me after living in Cleveland for the past 6 years))) (winters can be pretty brutal, for those who don't know). Otherwise, I will be looking forward to meeting you all in the fall!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
samhere321 wrote:
Please share your views about the school and New Orleans when you are done with your analysis :)

I don't know anything about the program or know where it is located but I wanted to talk to New Orleans. I have been to 14 countries and at least twice as many cities (if not 3 times as many) and I have to say New Orleans is a cool city that stood out when I visited it.

First, it is not a huge sprawling beautiful city like New York, Shanghai, or Buenos Aires. It is not a historic city like Rome or Boston (although it definitely has a proud history).

It has an interesting vibe to it. It is a mix of culture (America, French Creole) that has a strong impact on the food and lifestyle. It has very cool architecture. New Orleans has a very laid back feel and no matter where you go, you are not far from a speaker or live performance of Jazz music. It has a warm and sunny climate and in my visits people were happy and jovial. People love to Party there (Mardi Gras) and it is definitely part of the culture. People are always out and about on the streets in the French Quarter and down Canal Street. It is not a huge city but has a distinct feeling to it that I liked.

Of Course this is just my opinion. It is by no means a perfect city or even a great city but it has soul. There are definitely negatives to New Orleans. A lot of the food is fried and not healthy which is why it is the 2nd fattest city in the US. Their is of course poverty in New Orleans just like any other city. It is a friendly city of proud people who like listening to Jazz and celebrating (eating and drinking)... whats not to like.

Overall, I liked it and I would have no problem living there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.45
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the thread, but wanted to congratulate everyone who has already been admitted to Freeman.

I'm actually interviewing tomorrow with Katie Hunter (over the phone) and was wondering whether anyone would be willing to share their interview experience.

Thanks so much for your feedback! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MissMeghan wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the thread, but wanted to congratulate everyone who has already been admitted to Freeman.

I'm actually interviewing tomorrow with Katie Hunter (over the phone) and was wondering whether anyone would be willing to share their interview experience.

Hey MissMeghan,

Congratulations on interview call!

Interview will be mostly be a conversation and more stress will be to know you. However, you can prepare general interview questions such as:

1. Why MBA, Why Now, Why Tulane.
2. Leadership experience/ dilemma and how you handled it.
3. What do you do outside of your professional and academic life.
4. Short term and long term goals and how are you planning to achieve.
Note: These were the questions we touched upon in my interview. You may want to prepare for a more exhaustive questionnaire.

I had my interview with Katie and well, I have to say I never felt that I was interviewing. During the interview, I indicated my preference towards majoring in Finance and Katie explained quite satisfactorily to me that how Freeman can help career switchers like me.

All the best for you interview. Do let me know if you have any specific questions.

Thanks,
Varun
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.45
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
varunjaswal173 wrote:
MissMeghan wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Hey MissMeghan,

Interview will be mostly be a conversation and more stress will be to know you. However, you can prepare general interview questions such as:

Note: These were the questions we touched upon in my interview. You may want to prepare for a more exhaustive questionnaire.

I had my interview with Katie and well, I have to say I never felt that I was interviewing. During the interview, I indicated my preference towards majoring in Finance and Katie explained quite satisfactorily to me that how Freeman can help career switchers like me.

All the best for you interview. Do let me know if you have any specific questions.

Thanks,
Varun

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it. I think I'm pretty much prepared for what she's going to ask, but wanted to be sure there weren't any strange curve balls she was going to throw at me! Clearly, I'll post afterwards to let you all know how it goes. Thanks again :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MissMeghan wrote:
varunjaswal173 wrote:
MissMeghan wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Hey MissMeghan,

Thanks,
Varun

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it. I think I'm pretty much prepared for what she's going to ask, but wanted to be sure there weren't any strange curve balls she was going to throw at me! Clearly, I'll post afterwards to let you all know how it goes. Thanks again :-D

You are Welcome and All the best. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well after much consideration and several campus visits, I have sent in my commitment deposit to Freeman. Those who have also been accepted and want to connect prior to getting on campus - PM me, I'd love to "meet" my future classmates. I will be relocating to New Orleans from Ohio and would welcome any ideas about housing etc from those who are "in the know".
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
hey guys,

what are your thoughts on the freeman business school as far as the alumni network and national rank? I got admitted into the pmba program in houston this past friday and was wondering how nationally recognized the school was.
GMAT Club Bot