Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Pre777 and mdlindsa

I think there might be movement in the waitlist around Jan 4th since that is the deposit deadline for EA applicants.Good luck to both of you.

Hopefully the wait won't be longer.
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
I'm not a reapp but don't submit the same essays.Either rewrite them or come up with a new story.

connecticket wrote:
I'm a reapplicant to KFBS and a little confused about how to approach my essays. Since the application requires that reapplicants denied admission last year re-submit all essays I'm wondering if I should write totally new essays or work on what I submitted last year. Any ideas on how other reapplicants approached their application will be much appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Mellon, USC, MIT, UCLA, NSCU
Send PM
Kudos
Class2012 wrote:
I'm not a reapp but don't submit the same essays.Either rewrite them or come up with a new story.

connecticket wrote:
I'm a reapplicant to KFBS and a little confused about how to approach my essays. Since the application requires that reapplicants denied admission last year re-submit all essays I'm wondering if I should write totally new essays or work on what I submitted last year. Any ideas on how other reapplicants approached their application will be much appreciated.

I totally agree. Keep in mind that you are re-presenting yourself to the admissions committee. You've grown personally and professionally since when you first applied. Your growth should be reflected not only in your resume and interview but also in your essays by your clarity, tone and ancedotes.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Booth R1 (WL), NYU R1 (WL), Kellogg JD/MBA R2, Tepper R2, Ross R2 (admit)
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Mortgage
Send PM
Kudos
It was very staightforward, he didn't ask me any tough questions like I was expecting. He started off by walking through my resume, asking about my community service and then asking about my job experience. Most of the questions were tailored to my resume, but here's the ones I remember:

Tell me about your community service experience.
Why Kenan-Flagler (I went there undergrad, so that was an easy one :-D )
What do you want to do post-MBA?
What kind of extra-curriculars do you want to participate in while at KF?
Do you read? What books, etc?
What do you think your strongest attributes are?

Like I said, I felt the interview was very short and he did not ask any follow up questions; overall it was a relaxed interview but I wish it could have given me a little better opportunity to expand on my experiences. I hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GRE 1: Q46 V37
GPA: 3.14
WE:Architecture (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
bigdre wrote:
Would anyone w/ R1 interviews please share insight (questions, adcom v 2nd years, casual v formal)?

Thank you!

Honestly, it is just like everyone said - very straight forward.

Know "Why Carolina," your resume, and what your goals are. Really as simple as that.

My interview lasted a 1/2 hour, which wasn't by mistake. I was told by one second year that during his interview the interviewer literally used a 30 minute timer. As a result, you have to be pretty clear in "telling your story."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:UNC, UVA
 Q45  V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
I'm pretty sure I was invited to my interview before I submitted a well. I had entered scores and information in the application, but I'm pretty sure I hadn't submitted yet (it was early action). Some people didn't get invites though, so i guess they don't send them to everyone. It's interesting...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
in the last round, UNC did wait until the final day to release decisions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Job Acquirement
Schools:Duke Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
Withdrawing for Fuqua, good luck to everyone on the WL! Very hard to walk away from such a great school, but I think Fuqua is a better fit for me overall.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
Kudos
Great school, great community, great program! I thoroughly enjoyed my visit there and the students I met on campus were outgoing, smart and incredibly down-to-earth. I have, however, decided that the program at Ross is a better fit for me, so I hope that someone from the WL here gets my seat. Best of luck to those still waiting!
Current Student
Send PM
https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/Progra ... /index.cfm

UNC says they have 'Interview by invite' this year.But I remember they were having 'Applicant initiated interviews' last year.Can anyone confirm?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
 Q39  V40
Send PM
I am applying,

Anyway, yes the interviews are by invite only this year. Last year anyone could interview. I guess its because of the changing face of the economy and Kenan Flagler having a lot more applicants now......

My questions is, when the economy gets back on its feet in 5 years, and it will, will Kenan Flagler pay for this when the number of applicants go back to normal, and it will go back to normal.....
Manager
Manager
 Q39  V40
Send PM
Need Advice on Preview UNC Kenan-Flagler Day - August 1st [#permalink]
FYI for those who are applying to UNC Kenan Flagler, their Preview Kenan Flagler Day which is usually in the Fall will be on August 1st this year. It is very early this year for some reason. I was going to ask bb and some others with tons of knowledge here some advice if I may. I went to this event last year at UNC and connected with many in the admissions office as well as many current students (many who will be there again at the event). I am feeling some anxiety about going again this year because I did not get accepted last year and I don't want to look like "that guy" - or come across as needy, intense, nuts, whatever. I really don't know what to do and I just wanted to see what you guys thought before I drove all the way down there (4 hours) and dropped $150 bucks on a hotel for two nights. Should I go? What more can I really learn? Lol, would they say - hey what is that guy doing here again this year?

Maybe I am over thinking it......

Thanks for your help.
Manager
Manager
 Q39  V40
Send PM
FYI

Preview Kenan Flagler Day is on August 1st this year, which is next Saturday.

I posted this in another message, but wanted to copy it again here.
Current Student
Send PM
I will be there.

Link to the Preview day - https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/previewunc/index.cfm

benpack03 wrote:
FYI

Preview Kenan Flagler Day is on August 1st this year, which is next Saturday.

I posted this in another message, but wanted to copy it again here.
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Need Advice on Preview UNC Kenan-Flagler Day - August 1st [#permalink]
If I were you,I would attend.It shows that I'm still interested in their program.It will benefit me when I apply provided I show that I gained something new since the reject.
Manager
Manager
 Q39  V40
Send PM
Class of 2012, did you get rejected also last year? That makes me feel a lot better if other re-applicants are going. I hope to see you there.....

P.S. Wonder why it is so early this year?
Current Student
Send PM
benpack03 wrote:
Class of 2012, did you get rejected also last year? That makes me feel a lot better if other re-applicants are going. I hope to see you there.....

P.S. Wonder why it is so early this year?

No.

Since this early,would they be able to get current students available for the preview weekend? Most of them might be in internships unless many choose Raleigh/Charlotte.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  19