Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V47
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:Cornell University
 Q48  V45
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants [#permalink]
PaulK wrote:
In. I received an email about an hour ago.

Great news, PaulK!
So which b-school are you going to attend then???
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
Admitted to UNC! (no money offered yet).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was also placed in the waiting list...What to do next?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Schools:Kellogg (R2), UCLA (R2)
Send PM
What happens to the scholarship money offered to admits who decide to go to some other school? Does everybody else in the list moves up? If an admit with 20K$ decides not to take it will it be offered to an admit with 19K$. I guess it depends on school and type of scholarship but is there a "more often that not" process.
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V45
Send PM
nervousgmat wrote:
Great news, PaulK!
So which b-school are you going to attend then???

Thanks nervous. Between Vandy and UNC, it's a tough choice. I started pursuing an MBA program because of Owen, but the visit to UNC was far and away the most impressive I had. I guess I'll wait to see about potential scholarship, but with UNC's strong real estate program I'm leaning that way.

If you opt for one of your other admits, can you request transfer of your fellowship? :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
PaulK wrote:
nervousgmat wrote:

If you opt for one of your other admits, can you request transfer of your fellowship? :-D

THAT would be awesome!
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V45
Send PM
Bdevil25 wrote:
It says notifications of partial fellowships will be mailed out 7-10 days after decision day

Bdevil, where did you see that? I just finished scrolling through the KF website but couldn't find anything, and the letter didn't mention anything about scholarships.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
 Q47  V44
Send PM
PaulK wrote:
Bdevil25 wrote:
It says notifications of partial fellowships will be mailed out 7-10 days after decision day

Bdevil, where did you see that? I just finished scrolling through the KF website but couldn't find anything, and the letter didn't mention anything about scholarships.

PaulK,

Check out the web address below - it's a description of all fellowships available. It's not explicit, but I think, based on what I see there, that the "Premier Fellows" are notified early, but everyone else receives notification in 7-10 days. In fact, it said somewhere that everyone will be notified positive or negative regarding scholarships.

https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/Progra ... wships.cfm
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Bdevil25 wrote:
Here's the official word. This was in an e-mail sent to me about financial aid:

"All students are considered for merit-based fellowship funding as awarded through the MBA Admissions Office. Students who have not already been notified of a fellowship offer will be contacted directly via email regarding fellowships by Monday, February 14, 2008. All students will be contacted whether they receive a fellowship or not."

"Monday, February 14th?" . Thats the second time they have missed a date - Sounds like they need a new calendar. I can see Feb 14 isn't a monday in 2007-2010.
Hopefully this means they are forgiving with applicants making small mistakes as well! :-D
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V45
Send PM
Bdevil25 wrote:
PaulK,

Check out the web address below - it's a description of all fellowships available. It's not explicit, but I think, based on what I see there, that the "Premier Fellows" are notified early, but everyone else receives notification in 7-10 days. In fact, it said somewhere that everyone will be notified positive or negative regarding scholarships.

https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/Progra ... wships.cfm

"Fellowship decisions mailed 7-10 days after decision release for each deadline". Thanks Bdevil, hopefully us non-premier folks will receive some good news in a couple of weeks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
PaulK wrote:
Bdevil25 wrote:
Here's the official word. This was in an e-mail sent to me about financial aid:

"All students are considered for merit-based fellowship funding as awarded through the MBA Admissions Office. Students who have not already been notified of a fellowship offer will be contacted directly via email regarding fellowships by Monday, February 14, 2008. All students will be contacted whether they receive a fellowship or not."

I got that email also. "Dear Admitted Student," is slightly better than Haas's rejection letter that said "Dear [Applicant Preferred Name]" followed by a lengthy email from the Dean the next day to apologize.

KF just needs to work on their calendar. :lol:

And here i thought "Applicant Preferred Name was your legal name ;-)
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V45
Send PM
westsider, are you pretty well set on staying in Seattle, or are you considering Owen or UNC seriously?
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V45
Send PM
Bdevil25 wrote:
Speaking of which, what made you decide on applying at UNC all the way from Washington (I presume)?

I only ask because I'm actually from Oregon, so I'm right there with you.

Funny, I can't answer for westwider, but I actually live in Oregon. My wife and I were just planning out the logistics of a potential cross-country move tonight.

I visited Chapel Hill a few years back and thought it was fantastic. Then, as I started to narrow down the schools I wanted to apply to, I found Kenan-Flagler was a great fit. So I followed through, visited the school, and the visit was fantastic.

Mostly, just ready to try something new, but not quite ready to live in a big city, so Vanderbilt, UNC, and Duke seemed like the best choices.

To be fair, I just checked out your info Bdevil, and I'm sad to hear you're a Beaver. :cry: We're Ducks all the way. I'll still be rooting for your baseball team though...I don't know why they're deciding they need to start one at UO now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Got an accept with the condition that I take the Analytical Skills Workshop before classes start. :lol:
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V44
Send PM
PaulK wrote:
Bdevil25 wrote:
Speaking of which, what made you decide on applying at UNC all the way from Washington (I presume)?

I only ask because I'm actually from Oregon, so I'm right there with you.

Funny, I can't answer for westwider, but I actually live in Oregon. My wife and I were just planning out the logistics of a potential cross-country move tonight.

I visited Chapel Hill a few years back and thought it was fantastic. Then, as I started to narrow down the schools I wanted to apply to, I found Kenan-Flagler was a great fit. So I followed through, visited the school, and the visit was fantastic.

Mostly, just ready to try something new, but not quite ready to live in a big city, so Vanderbilt, UNC, and Duke seemed like the best choices.

To be fair, I just checked out your info Bdevil, and I'm sad to hear you're a Beaver. :cry: We're Ducks all the way. I'll still be rooting for your baseball team though...I don't know why they're deciding they need to start one at UO now.

:lol: That's awesome. In Oregon there's not much choice, if you want to be an engineer you have to be a Beaver!

My wife and I just moved to North Carolina a little over 2 months ago. We chose NC because, other than the ridiculous summers, it's actually reminiscent of Western Oregon. Mountains (at least close by), beach (much better than our coast), green, and generally low key. We're enjoying ourselves so far. So have you decided where you'll set up shop yet?
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V44
Send PM
VirtualM wrote:
Got an accept with the condition that I take the Analytical Skills Workshop before classes start. :lol:

Congrats on the accept! See you at ASW!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know how the rules for In-State tuition apply?

I applied RD3 here so I'm not going to hear back until mid March, but if you attend are you out of state for year 1 and then qualify in-state for year 2?

Most schools this doesn't make a huge difference, but at UNC it makes a very significant difference.

Just wondering how that works.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10