Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GPA: 3.33
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: USC Marshall 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Thanks a lot!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello,
Was looking to see if any current students can guide how IBEAR is different from regular MBA? Is it different campus altogether? Anybody you know of there who I can contact? My concentration is Consulting and General Mgmt.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Send PM
Hey,

IBEAR allows you to engage in an international tour, which allows you to work on international projects.

You should contact the Admissions for specific details, and someone will personally guide you through its advantages.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks CyberC1. Could you let me know what electives should I take for pursuing Consulting in Retail (likes of Kurt Salmon)? Anybody I can connect to with background in CPG/Retail (consumer packaged goods) and wants to purue consulting career in future.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Trying to push through the essays. Anyone know what kind of stories work best for USC?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone,

How have the interviews been going? Does anyone have any anecdotes that would help me to prepare? Were there any questions out of left field or does the interview consist mostly of behavioral questions and questions about goals for b-school? Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
nycgirl222 wrote:
Hi everyone,

How have the interviews been going? Does anyone have any anecdotes that would help me to prepare? Were there any questions out of left field or does the interview consist mostly of behavioral questions and questions about goals for b-school? Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Your interview experience could vary depending on the interviewer. My interview at Marshall was fairly straightforward. Make sure you are prepared for the standard questions - Why MBA, Why now, Why Marshall, career goals... It is very important to come across genuine and sincere. It could never hurt to demonstrate passion for the school - after all you are trying to become a member of the most tight-knit network in the world. ;)

Happy New Year!
Current Student
Send PM
nycgirl222 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I'm interested to hear the same. Especially since I heard somewhere that now USC is not doing blind interviews anymore, but, rather, more informed interviews where the Adcom has read thru your entire file, a la HBS, etc.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools:USC Marshall School of Business
GPA: 2.9
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Send PM
Here's a blog post regarding USC admissions interviews: Reframing the Framework: Admissions Interviews
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I've a question regarding the TOEFL requirement for USC Marshall application. I'm planning to apply fo Round 2 deadline and in big dilemma right now due to TOEFL requirement. I've completed my undergrad in English and from top 10 engineering colleges in India. I've also done business in English, working for 6 years in Deloitte and PWC.

Can I anyone please let me know whether I'll be eligible for TOEFL waiver? I've tried to reach USC Marshall adcom, but didn't get any response.

Any help will be much appreciated. If anyone can quote or post any link from the adcom member regarding this.

-Somnath.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
somnathl wrote:
I've a question regarding the TOEFL requirement for USC Marshall application. I'm planning to apply fo Round 2 deadline and in big dilemma right now due to TOEFL requirement. I've completed my undergrad in English and from top 10 engineering colleges in India. I've also done business in English, working for 6 years in Deloitte and PWC.

Can I anyone please let me know whether I'll be eligible for TOEFL waiver? I've tried to reach USC Marshall adcom, but didn't get any response.

Any help will be much appreciated. If anyone can quote or post any link from the adcom member regarding this.

-Somnath.

https://www.marshall.usc.edu/mba/admissions/requirements

Looks like you are going to have to take the test.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
Here's my interview experience:

I interviewed on campus last week. I got on campus and it was like a summer (in the high 70's or 80's i'd suspect) day. I was about an hour early so I decided to walk around the campus. Due to the school still being on Christmas break, it was a rather empty campus with occasional campus tours for prospective undergrads passing by.

Here's my tip: Don't walk around campus too much in hot weather wearing a 3-piece suit before the interview.

When I finally got back, I was heating up. And it's the middle of January, they don't have the A/C on...you'll be interviewing while wiping sweat off your forehead with tissue paper

anyways...as far as the interview went

it was very casual. I only have the Johnson interview to compare to, but in comparison it was VERY casual. I was interviewed by 2 admissions officers.

I went over my resume followed by 'why marshall' question. then I asked them some questions and at the very end they asked me 'what's a misconceptions others have about you?' before i left.

Overall, it was a very laid back experience (i'm not sure if it's a california thing or a marshall thing) and i thoroughly enjoyed it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management

GRE 1: Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE:Education (Health Care)
Send PM
Hey everyone,
I just submitted my application for round 2 last week.
I applied through the Consortium so I have mostly been participating on that board but figured I might should hop on here as well, say hi and keep you updated on everything.

Some more stats not on my profile:
Took GRE instead of GMAT V160/170 Q162/170
2 years full-time international volunteer exp.
Bilingual - French
3 years WE at national medical laboratory

Good luck to everyone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi Marshall applicants! FYI if you're applying to USC-Marshall through the Consortium Graduate Study in Management (CGSM), hop over to the Consortium 2012 Forum and Update Your Profile to join the Consortium roll call.

It's simple. Just select your school as "Consortium, the", then indicate which specific institution(s) you'll be applying to, make sure your application cycle is 2011-2012 and the Consortium round (CGSM1 or CGSM2) you applied in. You can do all of this easily through the handy 'Add to Your Schools' link on the front page of the Consortium 2012 Forum.

We have a special analytics specifically for those candidates applying via Consortium and lots of conversation specific to Consortium candidates and the school(s) they are applying to.

Come and join the conversation! Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.32
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Going to submit application on Sunday, Oh ya
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GPA: 3.33
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Anybody else interviewing tomorrow? My interview is at 2pm.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: General, Luxury Goods Brand Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Carnegie Mellon Tepper (R2), Duke (R2), Notre Dame (R2), Georgetown (R2), UVA Darden (R2), USC (R2), Kellogg (R2)
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Does anyone know if USC Marshall is doing a Kroll background check or something similar for Fall 2012 applicants?

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  35   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts