Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V44
GPA: 3.61
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GPA: 2.49
WE:Other (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Send PM
Re: USC Marshall 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Congrats to all the accepted)) Still waiting too... very frustrating ... I've been checking all day my AY page, nothing yet. It's 8pm, I guess adcom has left for the day already...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hmm..I got an email asking if I would like to do the Part Time program as they expect to be max capacity by June 1. It does not necessarily say a ding or anything. Does anyone have experience with this?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dizy wrote:
Hmm..I got an email asking if I would like to do the Part Time program as they expect to be max capacity by June 1. It does not necessarily say a ding or anything. Does anyone have experience with this?

I got the same email and I'm not sure what to make of it.. :?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think it means a ding, but they have some open slots in the part time program so they want to fill those up.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dizy wrote:

Just talked to the admissions officer re. this email. It actually means that you are waitlisted till June 1st but if you decide to enroll in the part time program you need to make your decision till May 21st. After May 21 you cannot be both waitlisted and considered for MBA.PM.
Another week of hard thinking is ahead...
Are you considering part time option?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BTW do you guys know any other forums for Marshal applicants? It looks like here are only 5 active users)))
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nusha wrote:
dizy wrote:

Just talked to the admissions officer re. this email. It actually means that you are waitlisted till June 1st but if you decide to enroll in the part time program you need to make your decision till May 21st. After May 21 you cannot be both waitlisted and considered for MBA.PM.
Another week of hard thinking is ahead...
Are you considering part time option?

I'm not sure.. I need to think about this.

How did the convo go? She said it specifically means waitlist and not ding? I noticed there was a line that said "they expect to me maximum capacity by June 1" so I'm not sure if I'm reading too into it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nusha wrote:
BTW do you guys know any other forums for Marshal applicants? It looks like here are only 5 active users)))

I wonder the same thing.. I can't find much else.

And thanks for the info - I tried calling, but just the answer machine. So I sent an email instead. Crossing fingers!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What is the likelihood of getting in off a waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is it a real waitlist or an informal waitlist?

Like would it be appropriate to send updates/additional letters of rec, etc.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think it's real waitlist and should be treated as such.

I'm not considering MBA.PM.. it's just not what I want.

Did she say on the phone what else we can do in the meantime if we decide to wait?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Other
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.32
WE:Editorial and Writing (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
For those who have been accepted to Marshall and other schools, and those who have been wait-listed by Marshall and have applied to other schools, which school will you attend and why? Is Marshall your first choice, and if so, why?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sorry to go more negative on this, but I did not receive an interview invitation yet also received the MBA.PM e-mail. That being the case, I am fairly sure it is a ding, and that the waitlist explanation serves the same purpose of sending the MBA.PM invite before a decision: to funnel full-time applicants into their money-maker without having to be formally rejected by the institution.

Hope I am wrong, though!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
somenoise wrote:
Sorry to go more negative on this, but I did not receive an interview invitation yet also received the MBA.PM e-mail. That being the case, I am fairly sure it is a ding, and that the waitlist explanation serves the same purpose of sending the MBA.PM invite before a decision: to funnel full-time applicants into their money-maker without having to be formally rejected by the institution.

Hope I am wrong, though!

I gave this some thought, and I figured that the email, obviously a mass email, was sent out to all applicants who have yet received a decision. They are probably still determining our fate, and are trying to lesson the number of applicants to consider for the full time program..in a sense, weeding us out.

I've checked the AY site and haven't notice a change in status yet. Maybe someone actually dinged can chime in and tell us how it appears on their AY site or how they were informed of their ding.

But as mentioned before, they are sending this option to us now because the deadline for PM is coming up. Even then, that doesn't garauntee admission to the PM program, does it?

*update* I just received a call and it turns out that we're not waitlisted yet, either. We just haven't received a decision. She explained that we will have a decision next week - whether it's waitlist, dinged, or accepted. =/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys, I'm attending MBA.PM info session today to meet them in person and clarify all the questions. I'll post an update in the evening. Would also be great to hear if anyone has received an email with an official ding... From the email I got I understood that they are offering to join the part-time program and now I'm not sure either if it's a guaranteed spot....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anerzc wrote:
somenoise wrote:

Hope I am wrong, though!

I gave this some thought, and I figured that the email, obviously a mass email, was sent out to all applicants who have yet received a decision. They are probably still determining our fate, and are trying to lesson the number of applicants to consider for the full time program..in a sense, weeding us out.

I've checked the AY site and haven't notice a change in status yet. Maybe someone actually dinged can chime in and tell us how it appears on their AY site or how they were informed of their ding.

But as mentioned before, they are sending this option to us now because the deadline for PM is coming up. Even then, that doesn't garauntee admission to the PM program, does it?

*update* I just received a call and it turns out that we're not waitlisted yet, either. We just haven't received a decision. She explained that we will have a decision next week - whether it's waitlist, dinged, or accepted. =/

Did she specify the date of the decision? Is it what they usually do or is it because it's the last round????
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Goodluck to everyone.

I'm a current student in the PM program. If anyone has any questions about that program I'll do my best to answer.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts