Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:51 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Owen '14 (S)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
KPrizzle wrote:
Anybody else get any action lately? My status is still blank. Submitted Oct. 8 and interviewed Nov. 17.

My status is still blank as well. Submitted Nov 23 and interviewed Nov 12.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
I applied for Round 2 (Nov. 28th deadline) and interviewed early in the fall. I received a phone call on Friday 12/9 saying that I had been admitted. However, my Owen application status still says, "Your application is complete and ready for review by the Admissions Committee. We will contact you no later than the notification date associated with the round in which your application was completed." So, you may receive a call before your status is updated.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone that's been admitted been offered a scholarship?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
WE:Asset Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
cfieldy7 wrote:
hoobot10 wrote:
I am in! Looking forward to next fall.

congrats hoobot!!!

When did you submit your app? Did your status move to "complete" before you found out about the admit?

Many thanks! I submitted at the R2 deadline -- but couldn't tell you whether it moved to complete beforehand. I got a call from admissions before I checked my status. Good luck to you
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
WE:Asset Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
goodbyeboy wrote:
hoobot10 wrote:
I am in! Looking forward to next fall.

Hey congratulations! Maybe I'll see you next fall :-D

Hope so too!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anyone else still waiting on a decision?

FYI: I live in Nashville, so if anyone has any questions about the city, feel free ask me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
KPrizzle wrote:
Anyone else still waiting on a decision?

FYI: I live in Nashville, so if anyone has any questions about the city, feel free ask me.

I am. Was interviewed on 12th Dec. Ad Com said it will notify decision 'NO LATER THAN 20 JAN'.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Got a call yesterday and I am in! They have not updated my status on the website as of right now either.

To put my timeline in context... I submitted on the last day of Round 2 deadline (Nov. 28th) but had already completed my interview a few weeks prior.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cfieldy7 wrote:
Got a call yesterday and I am in! They have not updated my status on the website as of right now either.

To put my timeline in context... I submitted on the last day of Round 2 deadline (Nov. 28th) but had already completed my interview a few weeks prior.

Hey, Congrats!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cfieldy7 wrote:

Congratulations! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations! :-D[/quote]

Thanks! I absolutely loved the vibe I got from the faculty and students when I visited Owen! I fit in perfectly and it seems that the school is committed to continuing to improve it's ranking and overall quality of the program. I think Owen will continue to climb in the rankings in the near future and would not be surprised if they make another big jump this year with their increase in GMAT scores! It's going to be a very tough decision for me whether to matriculate or not.

Speaking of which... does anybody know when new rankings are published???
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cfieldy7 wrote:
Congratulations! :-D

Thanks! I absolutely loved the vibe I got from the faculty and students when I visited Owen! I fit in perfectly and it seems that the school is committed to continuing to improve it's ranking and overall quality of the program. I think Owen will continue to climb in the rankings in the near future and would not be surprised if they make another big jump this year with their increase in GMAT scores! It's going to be a very tough decision for me whether to matriculate or not.

Speaking of which... does anybody know when new rankings are published???[/quote]

I think US News is March. Business Week perhaps end of 2012?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anybody else get a Vandy mug in the mail from admissions?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
KPrizzle wrote:
Anybody else get a Vandy mug in the mail from admissions?

lol I don't think I even got my welcome packet yet. All I received so far was one letter of acceptance with bunch of visa stuff for international students. Maybe I should e-mail them to see what's up? I certainly would like to have an extra mug in my house. :-D
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Owen '14 (II)
GPA: 3
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
so, I applied during round 2 and have gotten my interview invite and have scheduled my visit for the 17th of January. Anyone want to share their campus visit experience and what do you think it says about the viability of my candidacy for admission considering the invite? Everything i've read about owen has been outstanding. It's my first choice by a long shot, I'm really crossing my fingers!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
brettness wrote:
so, I applied during round 2 and have gotten my interview invite and have scheduled my visit for the 17th of January. Anyone want to share their campus visit experience and what do you think it says about the viability of my candidacy for admission considering the invite? Everything i've read about owen has been outstanding. It's my first choice by a long shot, I'm really crossing my fingers!

I didn't do my interview on campus but I visited the school in the summer. Everyone at Owen is just really friendly and willing to help. Do you know who's going to interview you?

It'd help to know your profile in detail to share my thoughts on your candidacy although I am no expert. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions :-D
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Owen '14 (II)
GPA: 3
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
goodbyeboy wrote:
brettness wrote:

I didn't do my interview on campus but I visited the school in the summer. Everyone at Owen is just really friendly and willing to help. Do you know who's going to interview you?

It'd help to know your profile in detail to share my thoughts on your candidacy although I am no expert. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions :-D

Well, GMAT score of 690 Q37 V48. GPA in college is messy. My cumulative is somewhere around 3.25. However, I transferred twice from U of Idaho to the U of Arizona to Boise St. Switched my major from Biology to Finance my second semester at BSU, and since then, my GPA is a 3.7 (last 81 credits).

For work, i've been with a surgical group doing a variety of things for them... Started off with a statistical analysis of their bariatric patients in order to earn the clinic a "center of excellence" designation. Continued doing their statistical tracking and started handling their marketing. After that, started working on their billing and insurance appeals as well as their bariatric services coordination... I'm sure I could think of a grab bag of other things I've done while I've worked there. Been with them since May 2008, I graduated in May of 2009...

There are some things as far as community service goes that I didnt include in my application, although, thinking back on it, I probably could and should have. I volunteer coached an 8th grade AAU basketball team one winter and have participated in some local community rejuvenation projects... Nothing super intensive though unfortunately.

As far as the interviewer goes, they havent told me... I planned a campus visit for the 17th of January, cutting it close, i know... considering the 20th decision deadline but i really wanted to experience the campus and the city considering the fact that it is my 1st choice school. Hopefully that will help me.

Also, as a side note, if anyone else is going to be in town the 14th through the 17th and wants to grab a drink and chat about your experiences before my interview, feel free to PM me...

Hope this helps you help me haha. Sorry for the novel... :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts