GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Mar 2019, 12:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Waitlisted applicants Yale SOM (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Calling all Waitlisted applicants Yale SOM (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 00:07
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 620 Q35 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.91
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Waitlisted applicants Yale SOM (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 14:29
What's everyone's strategy? Sounds like there are lots of opportunities to provide them with updated info.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V48
GPA: 3.66
Re: Calling all Waitlisted applicants Yale SOM (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 20:37
Hi everyone, first, congratulations! I know we all hoped for an acceptance letter, but it's nice to have hope that we will get admitted further down the road.

Would it be a bad idea for someone to contact the waitlist email address and ask for a little more information on what he/she could do specifically to improve his/her application?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.09

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2018, 09:40
Figured I would share my waitlist experience:

I retook the GMAT on September 18 (after Round 1 deadline) and got a score I liked. Yale was one of the schools I selected before the exam. So I followed the instructions on the portal to update the adcom with my unofficial score. I then received an interview invite and completed that in November.

However, last Thursday (~1 week before decision deadline), I received an email from adcom saying my official score was missing. I immediately called GMAC to figure that out, but they said it had been made available / delivered on September 22. So I then reordered another score report to be on the safe side. GMAC said they made my re-order available, but can't ensure it is electronically accessed or physically received. I called admissions on Monday and they said they had both score reports.

Then I was waitlisted. Seems odd to ask for my official score report so close to the deadline if the plan was to waitlist me from the beginning. Is what it is I suppose. Wondering if anyone else had similar problems with their official scores? Or did I drop the ball somewhere?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2018, 13:55
Hello!

Did anyone else here get waitlisted without an interview?

Thanks!
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 23:26
We have the following chat coming up in a few hours.

Chat with Yale R1 admit ak99

When: Wed, Dec 19; 10am Pacific Time, (1pm EST, 6pm GMT, 11:30pm IST)
Where: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu

Presenter: ak99

ak99 recently got accepted at Yale SOM in Round 1. In this chat session, he will interact with the new applicants, share his insights about the application process, and answer the queries of applicants.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/in-it-to-win ... 84078.html

MBA Chronicles | Interview Debriefs | Follow gmat_club on Instagram

MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 23:48
Hi Everyone,

During yesterday's Yale R1 admit chat, ak99 has talked about how he converted his waitlist and a ding to an admit next year. He has also got the following advice for the waitlisted applicants.

Since you mentioned you were a reapplicant, can you tell us what has changed significantly in that one year that helped with your admit?

Sure thing. For starters, I’ll be transparent, but as with anything my experience is shaped by my experience. Last year, I applied with a 710 GMAT, I was able to bump my score up to 740. Secondly, I was at PwC in analytics, and transitioned to Strategy& - I think the GMAT had a bigger impact since their feedback last year to me was to bump up my score.

General guidance: Yale SOM’s application is pretty straightforward so I recommend avoiding overthinking the process and application. It really does boil down to whether you check the box on GMAT/GRE, demonstrate the leadership in your work experience - which I recommend comes out through the essay, if your goals make sense and have a natural link to your past experiences, and the impact you’ve had. Beyond that, there are factors outside control.

I guess you can also ask ak99 any questions regarding waitlist.

You can check the full transcript here https://gmatclub.com/forum/in-it-to-win ... l#p2194040

MBA Chronicles | Interview Debriefs | Follow gmat_club on Instagram

Board of Directors
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 11:17
Hey guys, Stopping by for a few WL tips:
-First, congratulate yourself for getting this far (a lot of people would love to be in your shoes right now). Then take some time to review your app, reread your essay, etc and see where you can improve your application
-Take steps to improve your app: boost GMAT score, more community service, show more interest, etc
-Keep adcom updated with any new news about you (eg, job/responsibility changes, promotions, classes you’re taking to boost your quant or qual skills, etc)
-Continue to show interest in the school by attending admissions events (in person or webinars), winter coffee chats with students, tour if you happen to be near campus, etc

And lastly, as always, keep up hope. The WL ride can be a long one —all the way until the summer. You have lots of time!

Posted from my mobile device

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Note: I do not complete individual profile reviews. Please use the Admissions Consultant or Peer Review forums to get feedback on your profile.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2019, 08:03
Do you get any confirmation after submitting additional information to Yale? I recently submitted one document but got no confirmation, not sure if the document was successfully submitted.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2019, 11:42
kabs123 wrote:
Do you get any confirmation after submitting additional information to Yale? I recently submitted one document but got no confirmation, not sure if the document was successfully submitted.

I never got an auto-response or anything, but I did email the waitlist email address asking for confirmation and got a response.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 08:44
Got a mail from adcom to confirm my status in waitlist.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 08:48
AndyChen wrote:

So that means they are not really accepting people off the waitlist yet, ugh.
Did you interview in R1 or were you waitlisted without interview?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 08:49
WaitlistMuch wrote:
AndyChen wrote:

I had my interview in round 1 and got waitlisted. Good luck to us!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 08:58
AndyChen wrote:
WaitlistMuch wrote:
AndyChen wrote:

I had my interview in round 1 and got waitlisted. Good luck to us!

I applied in R1 and got waitlisted without interview and then had my interview last week.
Did they indicate when to expect movement on the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Research (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 09:16
I think R1 WL's will be confirmed/denied/limbo-ed only on the R2 decision day (April 2, if I'm not mistaken). I'm basing this purely off of Livewire's records from the last few years. If somebody has more accurate info, I'm all ears!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 620 Q35 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.91
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 09:54
Did anyone submit additional materials to the waitlist portal? If so, when and what?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 09:59
helene wrote:
Did anyone submit additional materials to the waitlist portal? If so, when and what?

Updated resume, a few weeks ago.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 01:37
JTdaniel wrote:
I think R1 WL's will be confirmed/denied/limbo-ed only on the R2 decision day (April 2, if I'm not mistaken). I'm basing this purely off of Livewire's records from the last few years. If somebody has more accurate info, I'm all ears!

Yeah, they mentioned 4/2 as the date for status update in my letter for waitlist updated documents confirmation.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Waitlisted applicants Yale SOM (2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 07 Mar 2019, 01:37

Calling all Waitlisted applicants Yale SOM (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap