GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 07 Jul 2020, 20:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 7633
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2019, 23:23

!
NOTE:I want someone from the waitlist group take control of this discussion. Whoever is interested, Pls PM me.

Welcome all waitlisted candidates. Use this thread to share the information, updates, concerns regarding the process, strategies to get off the waitlist, etc.

Yale Waitlist Roll Call



_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2020, 15:11
Pretty quiet in this thread...I was wondering how other people are doing with their application updates and what people have submitted/will submit. So far I've asked for feedback and sent them an acceptance letter from another school but would like to send another update or two before the round 2 decision date.

Let me know what you think


Thanks
MBA Admissions Consultant
User avatar
V
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2850
Location: United States (CA)
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2020, 02:32
What gave you the idea to send an acceptance letter from another school? d7692

d7692 wrote:
Pretty quiet in this thread...I was wondering how other people are doing with their application updates and what people have submitted/will submit. So far I've asked for feedback and sent them an acceptance letter from another school but would like to send another update or two before the round 2 decision date.

Let me know what you think


Thanks


Posted from my mobile device
_________________
I get applicants into elite MBA programs. What has made me successful is the combination of my coaching, marketing and editing skills. I'm life coach - where the client's desire for a top MBA is the catalyst for their transformation.
Verified reviews posted on https://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2020, 13:15
Nothing really, just wanted to be transparent with the school and let them know I had a decision to make by a certain date


MBAPrepCoach wrote:
What gave you the idea to send an acceptance letter from another school?

d7692 wrote:
Pretty quiet in this thread...I was wondering how other people are doing with their application updates and what people have submitted/will submit. So far I've asked for feedback and sent them an acceptance letter from another school but would like to send another update or two before the round 2 decision date.

Let me know what you think


Thanks


Posted from my mobile device
Stanford School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 18 Jun 2019
Posts: 90
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q169 V157
Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2020, 22:33
Bold strategy. They might view it in a boastful or kind of demanding light. I'd only do that if the school I was admitted to appeal to me more or ranked higher.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Feb 2019
Posts: 8
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2020, 13:20
I wanted to hear someone’s opinion on this. I received an email from Yale SOM asking if I still am interested in remaining on the waitlist. They phrased it like this: “ Please use this form to confirm your continued interest in remaining on the waitlist for the Yale SOM Class of 2022. By remaining on the waitlist, you are confirming your intention to join the Class of 2022 should you be admitted.”

By agreeing to this, am I telling them that I will for sure go to SOM if they admit me? I am interested on SOM and definitely want to remain on the waitlist, but I got some very good offers from other great schools and will definitely want to compare what they will offer me with what other schools offered me.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Dec 2017
Posts: 7
Location: United States (MA)
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GRE 1: Q163 V164
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2020, 13:32
2
Sorogi wrote:
I wanted to hear someone’s opinion on this. I received an email from Yale SOM asking if I still am interested in remaining on the waitlist. They phrased it like this: “ Please use this form to confirm your continued interest in remaining on the waitlist for the Yale SOM Class of 2022. By remaining on the waitlist, you are confirming your intention to join the Class of 2022 should you be admitted.”

By agreeing to this, am I telling them that I will for sure go to SOM if they admit me? I am interested on SOM and definitely want to remain on the waitlist, but I got some very good offers from other great schools and will definitely want to compare what they will offer me with what other schools offered me.

Posted from my mobile device


I recently chatted with the person who was in charge of providing me feedback on my waitlist decision and he discussed how I might be given a very limited timeframe to decide (ie: a few days or maybe even a week, but I've also heard around GMATClub of on the spot/same-day decisions). Based on the response, I don't think it's binding - I would imagine they cannot charge a card on file (if they even have access to that) without calling you or contacting you beforehand to notify you of your acceptance. That being said, it may be a bit challenging to weigh your offers or potentially work with another school to improve their scholarship offer before making your decision.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2020
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2020, 19:11
Did everyone on the WL receive this? Is it mandatory to reply? Thanks

manjund wrote:
Sorogi wrote:
I wanted to hear someone’s opinion on this. I received an email from Yale SOM asking if I still am interested in remaining on the waitlist. They phrased it like this: “ Please use this form to confirm your continued interest in remaining on the waitlist for the Yale SOM Class of 2022. By remaining on the waitlist, you are confirming your intention to join the Class of 2022 should you be admitted.”

By agreeing to this, am I telling them that I will for sure go to SOM if they admit me? I am interested on SOM and definitely want to remain on the waitlist, but I got some very good offers from other great schools and will definitely want to compare what they will offer me with what other schools offered me.

Posted from my mobile device


I recently chatted with the person who was in charge of providing me feedback on my waitlist decision and he discussed how I might be given a very limited timeframe to decide (ie: a few days or maybe even a week, but I've also heard around GMATClub of on the spot/same-day decisions). Based on the response, I don't think it's binding - I would imagine they cannot charge a card on file (if they even have access to that) without calling you or contacting you beforehand to notify you of your acceptance. That being said, it may be a bit challenging to weigh your offers or potentially work with another school to improve their scholarship offer before making your decision.
Stanford School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 18 Jun 2019
Posts: 90
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q169 V157
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2020, 13:35
Did anyone else get another email that says update to your application? This time it said "Application Status Update" not the one sent a few days ago asking to confirm waitlist desire. I was scared because I never got a admit phone call, so I thought it was for sure a rejection. When I opened it, it was the same letter as December, asking me to stay on waitlist again. It's dated March 13 though. Is this the round 2 decision, and I'm being rolled over to round 3? or is this another waitlist confirmation due to corona virus issues?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2020
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2020, 15:28
erlandgas wrote:
Did anyone else get another email that says update to your application? This time it said "Application Status Update" not the one sent a few days ago asking to confirm waitlist desire. I was scared because I never got a admit phone call, so I thought it was for sure a rejection. When I opened it, it was the same letter as December, asking me to stay on waitlist again. It's dated March 13 though. Is this the round 2 decision, and I'm being rolled over to round 3? or is this another waitlist confirmation due to corona virus issues?


Consortium applicants do get an update today. So either admit, ding, or WL.
Others have to wait until 3.24.
Stanford School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 18 Jun 2019
Posts: 90
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q169 V157
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2020, 15:32
stealth0117 wrote:
erlandgas wrote:
Did anyone else get another email that says update to your application? This time it said "Application Status Update" not the one sent a few days ago asking to confirm waitlist desire. I was scared because I never got a admit phone call, so I thought it was for sure a rejection. When I opened it, it was the same letter as December, asking me to stay on waitlist again. It's dated March 13 though. Is this the round 2 decision, and I'm being rolled over to round 3? or is this another waitlist confirmation due to corona virus issues?


Consortium applicants do get an update today. So either admit, ding, or WL.
Others have to wait until 3.24.


This sucks because now I'm pretty sure I can't get fellowship.
Kellogg School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Posts: 79
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2020, 14:11
Anybody waitlisted without an interview ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Nov 2018
Posts: 8
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q40 V44
GMAT 2: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.84
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2020, 21:20
1
Priyanka1293 wrote:
Anybody waitlisted without an interview ?



I was. Not sure what to make of it. I'm glad that I have not been dinged. I hadn't really prepared myself for the waitlist. I assumed that since I was not invited to interview, I would be rejected. This leaves me in a weird spot as I have two acceptances already and am hoping for a third on Thursday. All the deposits are due by mid-April so I am researching how to approach the waitlist, get off it, see what I can do to improve my candidacy, etc.

I suspect they waitlisted more applicants than usual with the CV19 situation. There may be a lot of people who will not be able to get visas, and R3 apps will potentially spike, so... who knows. This is a very strange admissions cycle.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Oct 2019
Posts: 1
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2020, 09:28
Hi All, just wondering if any of the Round II Waitlisters (w/o interviews) have received interview invitations?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Apr 2019
Posts: 15
Location: Canada
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2020, 02:40
Priyanka1293 wrote:
Anybody waitlisted without an interview ?


I am. I just sent a letter to them with a few updates and what I've been doing over the last month in terms of outreach with the school.

R3 decision is in 2.5 weeks, so I hope to hear back by then.
Kellogg School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Posts: 79
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2020, 23:53
msimpson wrote:
Hi All, just wondering if any of the Round II Waitlisters (w/o interviews) have received interview invitations?

Posted from my mobile device


I did receive an invite yesterday.
Kellogg School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Posts: 79
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2020, 11:35
I see a couple of updates on the decision tracker.
Anybody here hear from yale, yet ?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)   [#permalink] 19 May 2020, 11:35

Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Yale SOM 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: sharathnair14, neo92






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne