Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:53 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Wharton, Kellogg, MIT
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship, Health Care
Schools:Wharton
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink]
dp122008 wrote:
Looks like decisions may be coming soon...I interviewed R2 and now the Decision letter is gone (the one inviting me for the interview) and next to "Application for Admission" it says "(Deadline Has Passed)"

I guess they're loading up the system and will be notifying on Monday?

Who knows? The decision letter is still up for me.
Current Student
Send PM
If they finished early it looks like we may be getting calls early this week (tomorrow or Tuesday). This is based on the decisions for Round 1.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General
Schools:Kellogg (ding), Harvard(WL), Wharton
Send PM
sterny wrote:
As difficult as it may be, try not to speculate!! All of these signs mean absolutely nothing.

Case in point is me: All the way till 3PM on the decision day, I had not recieved either a call, nor a congratulatory email. By this time, many people of this forum and on bweek were reporting admit calls from adcomm, calls from current students etc from the previous day!

In fact my decision still said "Invite to Interview" all the way till the end I think..until FINALLY at 3.30PM I just get a simple status change message from Wharton. I check it, expecting to see a ding letter but instead the status says "Congratulations!".

Lesson learnt: Don't think about all of these small signs and wait it out till the decision day. And even IF you dont get a call, that doesn't mean its over!!

Excellent advice. I am anxious to find out, but worrying is getting me nothing. By Thursday night we'll all know.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 623 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
sterny wrote:
As difficult as it may be, try not to speculate!! All of these signs mean absolutely nothing.

Case in point is me: All the way till 3PM on the decision day, I had not recieved either a call, nor a congratulatory email. By this time, many people of this forum and on bweek were reporting admit calls from adcomm, calls from current students etc from the previous day!

In fact my decision still said "Invite to Interview" all the way till the end I think..until FINALLY at 3.30PM I just get a simple status change message from Wharton. I check it, expecting to see a ding letter but instead the status says "Congratulations!".

Lesson learnt: Don't think about all of these small signs and wait it out till the decision day. And even IF you dont get a call, that doesn't mean its over!!

agreed, seems sensible enough
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Wharton (R1) Kellogg (R1) Booth (R1)
 Q51  V43
Send PM
sterny wrote:

Excellent story. Thanks for the advice.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy & Entrepreneurship
Send PM
sterny wrote:

Excellent advice but most difficult piece of information to follow :)... The wait kills the hell out of you...
Current Student
Send PM
good advice sterny
Current Student
Concentration: Finance (Investment Management)
Schools:Chicago Booth, Kellogg, Wharton
 Q48  V41
Send PM
sterny wrote:

Easy for you to say :roll:

Thanks for the advice, though!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance (Investment Management)
Schools:Chicago Booth, Kellogg, Wharton
 Q48  V41
Send PM
After stressing out about Booth all day and not receiving a call, I've decided on a different strategy for Wharton: It's snowing here, so I'm going to get up Wednesday, drive to the mountains, turn my phone off and hit the slopes. Then just see what happens when I check my voice mail on the way home.

To everyone else, best of luck to you! Checking back in later.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I assume this means no one will be getting calls until tomorrow:

https://s2s.wharton.upenn.edu/wh-wharton ... sg=23765.1
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Ibanking
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
Send PM
syd999 wrote:

Not sure, but I'm guessing you were referring to this: https://adcomblog.wharton.upenn.edu/admi ... orrow.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pguard wrote:
syd999 wrote:

Not sure, but I'm guessing you were referring to this: https://adcomblog.wharton.upenn.edu/admi ... orrow.html

Sorry my bad. i pasted the wrong link. In other updates (from BW forum), I heard they have started calling the admitted students.
Current Student
Send PM
I am not sure the guy who claimed he received a call is being truthful. I honestly would not believe it until I saw a bunch of posts on BW or one here. I heard from someone that applied to Lauder that he was told they would release the decisions at 5 P.M. tomorrow, which probably means the calls will come tomorrow.
Current Student
Send PM
i am also not sure whether he is being honest. either way we will know latest by 5pm tomorrow:)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools:Kellogg '11 (MMM)
 Q45  V38
Send PM
TheGuy wrote:
After stressing out about Booth all day and not receiving a call, I've decided on a different strategy for Wharton: It's snowing here, so I'm going to get up Wednesday, drive to the mountains, turn my phone off and hit the slopes. Then just see what happens when I check my voice mail on the way home.

To everyone else, best of luck to you! Checking back in later.

GREAT PLAN!!! Can't go wrong. When Kellogg decisions starting going out for round one, I was a complete mess. I was an compulsive "status" checker, and everytime my phone rang, I about s*** myself. It was a 6pm on a Friday afternoon, 10 days after decision started rolling out. As I was finishing up with work, I realized that the battery on my phone was about dead so I just turned it off. That night, I forgot about my phone, assuming that no call was coming. I had a great night out with the wife and slept late the next morning. When I finally got rolling at about noon, I was in the car running errands and I turned my phone. I saw that I had one new message and didn't really think too much about it. As soon as I started to listen to it though, I realized what it was, almost rear ended the car in front of me, and then found a way to pull off the road to let the blood flow back into my brain before I passed out.

Moral of the story, make sure you are not actually driving when you get the message saying, "this is so and so from the Wharton admissions office, I want to be the first to welcome you to the class of 2011!!!"

Best of luck. Enjoy the slopes.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
at this point last round, I was visualizing my rejection letter, and the steps that I would take in order to rebound from the situation.

And here I am, a very proud and happy matriculating student.

Keep the hope alive my brothers and sisters :)
Current Student
Send PM
i know what you mean..

BTW, Congrats for admit from 3 good schools and generous scholarship from Wharton. Man: what is that you do that makes you so special :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64  ...  67   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts