Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling Columbia applicants for 2008 [#permalink]
There's a lot of admits today on the BW Columbia Regular Decision thread. I know you just interviewed yesterday, but I have to start the chant...

Dosa! Dosa! Dosa! Dosa!....
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
:lol: DJ I guess you seem to be more optimistic about my chances than me! :) While I appreciate CBS's very transparent process, the rolling decisions process is a bit of a pain- everytime my BB buzzes, my heart skips a beat and then I read some junk email....most of the guys who got their admits had their status complete earlier than me, so I probably have a few more days. Thanks for support!!! :)

djhouse81 wrote:
There's a lot of admits today on the BW Columbia Regular Decision thread. I know you just interviewed yesterday, but I have to start the chant...

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology Management
Schools:Fuqua, Anderson, Johnson, Ross
Send PM
djhouse81 wrote:

Oh man, I am so hungry now & I still got work to do! I wouldn't mind a crisp, hot dosa for dinner :)

Wish you the best, Dosa!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
I applied around 25th Dec and have not heard back anything yet and its getting me worried. Has anybody who applied after me heard back for an interview already? Usually how long do they take to send out an interview?
Current Student
Send PM
I submitted early December and received mine in mid jan. I know that last year and even in ED, they seem to utilize the full 12 week window to make their decisions. so you still have a lot of time before you start worrying. good luck!

vchhaochharia wrote:
I applied around 25th Dec and have not heard back anything yet and its getting me worried. Has anybody who applied after me heard back for an interview already? Usually how long do they take to send out an interview?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
businessdocn08 wrote:
Ok, I just got the call today! I'm in! Go Columbia!!!

Well done and congrats!

Perhaps you can share your background with the aspiring candidates on the board?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
businessdocn08 wrote:

congrats!
Current Student
Send PM
Awesome...greatnews businessdoc!!!!!! Congrats!!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
dosa_don wrote:

Your next dosa!

P.S. The etmology thread got me so hungry, I told called my mom and begged for some masala dosa. Seems like you're getting that alot nowadays! :lol:
Current Student
Send PM
Geez...I think I am going to put up a dosa in my avatar now :)

rajpdsouza wrote:
dosa_don wrote:

Your next dosa!

P.S. The etmology thread got me so hungry, I told called my mom and begged for some masala dosa. Seems like you're getting that alot nowadays! :lol:
Current Student
Send PM
businessdoc-do you know when your interviewer submitted his feedback?

businessdocn08 wrote:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Sorry about the ambiguity guys, I've been pretty busy. I'm a second year med student at Ohio State. My stats are: 3.87 GPA at private DC college, 750 GMAT, 2 years of scattered experience in biomedical research. Submitted Dec 10, invited to interview Jan 14, interviewed locally in Columbus on Jan 30, interview report submitted Jan 30th, application complete Jan 31st, admitted Feb 7th. Anymore questions, just ask. I'm not much of a blogger by nature, but I'm always willing to help and looking to get more involved with my future peers.
Current Student
Send PM
Congrats Businessdoc! That is great news! Are you going to matriculate Columbia? You could probably tell where my two cents lie. You should at least come to the Open House at the end of this month.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I agree

Originally posted by nyrberg on 07 Feb 2008, 13:58.
Last edited by nyrberg on 17 Dec 2008, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
businessdocn08 wrote:

Congrats!

I just return from my interview, and I thought it was very tough, it took 1hour and a half, I'm not sure if that is good.

Started with my Resume, and he was always asking me why I made the moves instead of just listening to them. Later explored situations at work, experiences with diversity, what are my strength and what can I develop, what I would add to Columbia, why Columbia, what are my goals, a difficult situation I lived at work, and an Ethical Dilemma: when have I experienced one, what did I learn from it and what should I have done differently now. And then: if I was applying to other schools, and what schools, and what the rationale behind my applications :shock: ! I told the true, and then he asked me if I got into all of them what would I do, and... I didn't lie. At the end, he opened for questions, and at the very end, he asked again about the schools, and I couldn't help telling him that I was already accepted to 2 of them, but not telling which ones.

Once again I think I didn't have a great interview, I know that if I get into you guys will start thinking I'm a pessimist, but honestly, I may regret of how honest I was, but that's me, I even told him that I was applying RD because I really didn't know if CBS was my first option, and that's why I'm traveling now to USA to get to know the schools, cities, etc.

It was a very deep interview, with many "tricky" parts.

Now let's see, usually final decisions come from 1 to 2 weeks after interview.
Current Student
Send PM
Kwam,
Congrats on completing the interview. Usually, a long interview is a good sign; it means that they enjoyed it. Would you want to spend more time than you have to with some whom you do not like?

As for the other schools portion, I always believe in honesty, especially when it comes to the "which other schools are you applying to" question, but I would not have gone into as much detail if it can be avoided. Nevertheless, I don't think that is a deal-breaker by any means. In fact, I am sure he got along with you, since you are obviously a great interviewee, and I am sure he was impressed by the schools that you have been accepted to. There's a good chance that he will submit great feedback for all those reasons in hopes of drawing you away from the other tops school that you have been accepted to. I know if I were an interviewer, I would respect an interviewee's honesty regarding their school choice, and I would want to steal them away from other schools--that is if we have a good interview. Don't be surprised if you get in, Kwam!

And, yes, we will call you a pessimist! :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
The track is a bit different for MDs because of how long our training is. It is now standard practice for students to enroll in a combined MD/MBA program, where the student would do the first two pre-clinical years of coursework, then take a LOA to do the MBA component, then return to finish off clinical rotations. My case is different because while I had initially planned on just staying at OSU, my interests eventually led me to think that a program with a stronger emphasis on my field (healthcare management) would be both more educationally efficacious and professionally beneficial, and so I expanded my scope to check out other programs. As it was, I was only thoroughly impressed by the programs at Columbia and Kellogg, and so I've gotten caught up in the frenzy that is the B-School app process.

With regards to interviews, I think it's critical to pick the best fit for you as far as interviewer. Personally, I went through a good 6 or 7 matches before I found someone that I thought I would click with. I think it's almost better being able to appeal to the person on a personal level than professional, but at the very least someone that would be empathetic to your passion in whatever it is you want out of life. I clicked with my interviewer, and I think that enabled him to write a much more glowing report. So just keep that in mind, everyone who hasn't already interviewed.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  42