GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Oct 2018, 17:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Fit for Booth? Post profiles here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Fit for Booth? Post profiles here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2018, 09:43
Hi,

I am considering applying to the Chicago Business Fellows program for 2019. Unfortunately, there are very few profiles for the CBF program, so I'm not sure at all, if I will get in. What do you believe are my chances?

Citizenship: US

Diversity:
- Ethnicity: Indian
- Sexuality: LGBT

Academics:
- State University - Top 75 on USNWR National University Rankings (LOL)
- Doctorate in STEM
- GPA: 3.7+ (summa cum laude)
- GMAT: 710

Previous experience:
- Biopharma strategy consulting x 2 yrs (1 year international)
- Small unheard of foreign company (about 40-50 people)
- Manage 5+ people
- Promoted twice
- 2 Biopharmaceutical company internships (1 was a full year part-time while in school, another was full time during the summer)
- 1 Health insurance company internship (full time during the summer)
- 1 Prestigious venture capital firm in Manhattan internship (2 months during summer of breaking through to the elites haha - think old money mega rich family that is a household name's VC firm. They usually take an intern at a HSW MBA program each year)

Leadership:
- Student government president (School not University - School was about 1400 students, 25 student orgs, and a few different degree programs)
- Various minor student organisation E-board / Chair positions

Why I want to go to Booth?
- Increasingly involved in management and finance related projects (lack the current foundations in this)
- Will be expected to contribute on the leadership team for my company within the next 2 years and I need to build my skills for this
- To reconsider VC - I received positive feedback from my VC internship and even 2 years later we still keep in touch. However, it was made clear to me that they only recruit from top MBA programs and at the time I lacked the finance background, but wanted my experience / education in biopharma to understand some Biotech Start Ups they were working with
- I was the first with my particular background to get the internship and since they've rotated another person with a similar background to me, but still have only hired their occasional MBA interns
- My ultimate career goal has been to start-up a biotech - the network, education, and career advancement from Booth would be largely beneficial for this

Sincerely,
LS
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 13:52
Hi, thanks for your time!
Please evaluate my profile:

Background and nationality : Russian male, 29; First generation (in family) college graduate.

Undergrad Information : started Math and IT degree in home city, after 3 years decided to change my life and moved to Finland to study Industrial management ( bachelor of engineering )

GMAT: 740 q49 v41

Work experience and leadership: 5 years, Consulting with Pwc and DuPont; PE/family office and consulting with boutique; now Business development in international mining company. Current position: Senior analyst.
Managed up to 10 (as a part of projects).

Community and others: unfortunately not much. When I studied in Finland I made a trip to hometown to visit 6 high schools to inform pupils about opportunities to study for free abroad ( made presentation and video with interviews of current students )

Post MBA goals :
Tech or consulting (maybe entrepreneurship )

Anything else:
I have very poor GPA ( about 2.6 - hard to calculate because of Finnish grading system )
Reason: I had to pay for my living in Finland myself , so I worked as a morning postman (from 2 am till 6 am 6 days a week)

Once again thank you very much for your time.
Also if somebody has an offer to help me with admission consulting please send me PM

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 13:58
Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2018, 08:54
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile below!

Background and nationality: Male, White, US citizen, 25 years old.

Undergrad Information: BBA in finance from Ohio State 3.2 GPA ( I had one bad semester where I dealt with depression from the death of my best friend, dragging down my gpa. I plan to use the optional essay to explain this).

GMAT: 730 (Q 47, V 44, IR 6, AWA 6)

Work experience and leadership: At the time of applying, will be 5 years working as a financial analyst for major bank with one promotion to intermediate analyst. In charge of a team of analysts based in India, led many projects, and have mentored some of the associates on my team.

Community and others: Done many different volunteering activities but not through only one organization. Currently part of a mentoring program through Ohio State. Serving on the board of a non-profit Irish heritage organization (Even though I'm not Irish).

Post MBA goals: Wanting to either switch to investment banking or consulting.

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Fit for Booth? Post profiles here! &nbs [#permalink] 12 Oct 2018, 08:54

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 64 posts ] 

Fit for Booth? Post profiles here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap