GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2019, 04:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling McCombs UT Austin MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
BSchool Moderator
B
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling McCombs UT Austin MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2019, 22:40
Welcome all McCombs class of 2022 hopefuls. Let's use this platform to know each-other, exchange ideas, discuss app strategies, and some profile discussions may be? Give a shout out!

McCombs Decision Tracker & Historical Admit Data | Add McCombs to your profile | Events at McCombs

Deadlines, Essay Questions and Essay Analysis

Texas McCombs by the Numbers

• Ranked 1st: Accounting: Undergraduate, Graduate, & Doctoral (US News)
  • Ranked 3rd: Business Analytics: Best Graduate Program (QS World University)
  • Ranked 3rd: Marketing: Best Graduate Program (College Choice)
  • Ranked 6th: Best Undergraduate Program (US News)

Class Profile

• Class Size: 284
  • Avg GMAT: 702
  • Avg GRE Score: Q158, V159
  • Avg GPA: 3.48
  • Avg Age: 28
  • Avg WE: 5.5
  • International Students: 24%
  • Women: 38%
BSchool Moderator
B
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling McCombs UT Austin MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2019, 22:41

McCombs MBA Deadlines

RoundApplication DueDecisions Released
R1October 8, 2019December 17, 2019
R2January 7, 2020March 26, 2020
R3March 31, 2020May 7, 2020

McCombs Essay Question and Analysis

• Essay #1: We will learn a lot about your professional background through your resume and letter of recommendation, but we want to get to know you further. Please introduce yourself. Select only one communication method for your response.
    • Write an essay (250 words)
    • Share a video introduction (one minute in length)
  • Essay #2: Picture yourself at graduation. Describe how you spent your time as a TexasMcCombs MBA to achieve your personal and professional goals. (500 words)
  • Optional Statement: Please provide any additional information you believe is important or address any areas of concern that you believe will be beneficial to MBA Admissions in considering your application. (e.g. gaps in work experience, choice of the recommender, academic performance, or extenuating personal circumstances) (250 words)

Analysis of McCombs Essay By: Stacy Blackman | MyEssayReview | Accepted
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2019, 22:34
Texas is a huge campus, and so, the adcom wants to know that you will leverage that, rather than get lost in that. Quite often, you will see Texas students point to your need for a clear plan on how you will spend your time, because you will need to prioritize and choose.

This is at the heart and intent of their "picture yourself at graduation" question where you are looking backward on how you spent your time.

Sample "picture yourself" essay here: https://mbaessaycoaching.com/sample-essays/
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling McCombs UT Austin MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2019, 23:56
Roughly 2 weeks left for R1 app submission and this thread is hardly making any noise. C'mon folks! Show yourself, share your app progress, any questions you have.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2019, 08:14
Hi,

I have this nagging question that whether programs without STEM designation are worth applying for. My friend from Texas says that OPT is very important for international students.

I want to apply to Mccombs MBA; but I also want STEM certification. How to decide?
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
Premium Member
Re: Calling McCombs UT Austin MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2019, 04:27
I am almost done with my application. Just need to put in some finishing touches to the essays and then I will be done.

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2019, 22:45
RicAssassin will take over the control of this discussion from hereon. He is planning to apply Mccombs, Duke, and a couple other US MBA programs. For any help on this forum, feel free to contact him. But for now, congrats and wish him best luck.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
BSchool Moderator
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2019, 23:25
Thanks a lot!!

Hi hopefuls. I am a mechanical engineer with an operations background. Extracurriculars are music and entrepreneurship based. Looking forward to healthy discussions and helping each other out.

Best,
Ric

Narenn wrote:
RicAssassin will take over the control of this discussion from hereon. He is planning to apply Mccombs, Duke, and a couple other US MBA programs. For any help on this forum, feel free to contact him. But for now, congrats and wish him best luck.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2019, 00:35
Hi All,

I am having confusion about application submission for UT Texas.
Just submitting of application is not enough right?
You have to keep a buffer of 2 or 3 days from the deadline so that your application is loaded on GIAC after your application submission and then pay the fees and upload other documents as well. Or can this be done even after the deadline?
BSchool Moderator
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2019, 00:39
Hi,
I’m sorry if I didn’t get your question quite right. With any application, it is considered FINAL only when you upload all the documents and pay your fee. And then submit it.

If you have done it all, you can even risk submitting the app just hours before the deadline and be fine (although not recommended).

Best,
Ric

choubeyp wrote:
Hi All,

You have to keep a buffer of 2 or 3 days from the deadline so that your application is loaded on GIAC after your application submission and then pay the fees and upload other documents as well. Or can this be done even after the deadline?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2019, 01:47
RicAssassin wrote:
Hi,
I’m sorry if I didn’t get your question quite right. With any application, it is considered FINAL only when you upload all the documents and pay your fee. And then submit it.

If you have done it all, you can even risk submitting the app just hours before the deadline and be fine (although not recommended).

Best,
Ric

choubeyp wrote:
Hi All,

Yes, you are right, this is how it works for all other US schools.
I think I am just confused about the two-level of application submission.
You are supposed to submit your application once on the portal and then follow other steps on GIAC.
And since the portal says it takes up to 2 to 3 days for the application to appear on GIAC, we can't wait till the deadline to complete our essays.
Sooner the better I guess.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: McCombs '22

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2019, 12:44
I applied last year with a video essay. I didn't get an interview invite last year. I am applying again this year. Can I resubmit the same video essay? It's a basic introduction and not something which will change over the period.

BSchool Forum Moderator
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2019, 12:54
utkbits wrote:
I applied last year with a video essay. I didn't get an interview invite last year. I am applying again this year. Can I resubmit the same video essay? It's a basic introduction and not something which will change over the period.

If you think the information fits and there is nothing that you would rather add, go for it.

Saying that, I'd add that I won't do that because a year is big enough stretch of time to have added value in your life in some way. You want to show them that you have grown in the year in some way or the other.

Kudos are appreciated.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE: Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2019, 12:57
choubeyp wrote:
RicAssassin wrote:
Hi,

Best,
Ric

choubeyp wrote:
Hi All,

You are supposed to submit your application once on the portal and then follow other steps on GIAC.
And since the portal says it takes up to 2 to 3 days for the application to appear on GIAC, we can't wait till the deadline to complete our essays.

Guys, please read the application instructions (I've linked them below). You do not need to submit 2-3 days early. Specifically read the difference between "Submit" and "Complete". Those are completely different steps, only the submit portion is restricted by the deadline.

"Complete your file with GIAC. GIAC is responsible for verifying the validity of your test scores, transcripts, and degrees. 1-2 business days after application submission, upload copies of official transcripts and confirm receipt of official test scores."

Application submitted-->Fee is paid-->GIAC reaches out after the application submission.

https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full ... on-Process
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2019, 12:58
choubeyp wrote:
RicAssassin wrote:
Hi,

Best,
Ric

choubeyp wrote:
Hi All,

You are right there choubeyp

You submit the application for McCombs and then in a day or two you make the fee payment. Those who get the waiver are advised not to pay as the waiver is implemented 7 days after the submission of application.

Kudos are appreciated.
BSchool Moderator
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 20:46
All the best McCombs hopefuls. Be ready to hit the submit buttons!! ?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 17:57
Hey all!

I wish everyone luck for Round 1!

I had a question. I just submitted my application yesterday and got the confirmation to pay the fee today. I payed the fee and also uploaded my transcript today. The site tells me it should take 2-3 days to review the transcript.

Does this mean I will not be considered for Round 1? That would be very disappointing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
BSchool Moderator
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 17:59
Hi,

No, if you go through the instructions on the website, your application ‘submission’ and completion were always different.

Everything just happened as per the process (I am in the exact same situation, tbh).

All the best!!!

jlee120 wrote:
Hey all!

I wish everyone luck for Round 1!

I had a question. I just submitted my application yesterday and got the confirmation to pay the fee today. I payed the fee and also uploaded my transcript today. The site tells me it should take 2-3 days to review the transcript.

Does this mean I will not be considered for Round 1? That would be very disappointing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

BSchool Forum Moderator
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 18:09
Just submitted my application.

I have a fee waiver so I do not have to worry about that.

There is one thing bugging me though. There has been no email confirmation of the application been submitted. Anyone else had that issue?

Kudos are appreciated.
BSchool Moderator
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 18:18
Did you not get ‘Application Received’ email as well?

MsInvBanker wrote:
Just submitted my application.

I have a fee waiver so I do not have to worry about that.

There is one thing bugging me though. There has been no email confirmation of the application been submitted. Anyone else had that issue?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling McCombs UT Austin MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022   [#permalink] 08 Oct 2019, 18:18

Go to page    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 79 posts ] 

Calling McCombs UT Austin MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: RicAssassin