Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:17 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: can I be hopeful with this profile? [#permalink]
zombi35 wrote:
pbodine,
thank you very much for your acknowledgement.
firstly i have to indicate that i have never been abroad, have no international experiences. i have been assigned as the leader of some task forces performing financial audits. and i have been considered as a succesful team leader. i also have been the vice president of tax inspectors association, and representative of tax inspectors foundation, and also techn,cal secretary of tax and finance related journal in my country. do you think these would contribute to my profile for mit, wharton. and also, which schools do you advice me to apply with this profile. berkeley, cornell, ucla, yale?
and one more thing i forgot to indicate;
i am fully sponsored by the ministry of finance. i have been awarded with a full scholarship to study MBA for 2 years in the States, by the Turkish Government. Do you think it will make sense for these schools?

zombi35,

Thank you for the additional info. You seem to be more impressive then I initially thought. :-) Being VP of the tax inspector's association is definite leadership and your management of the audits also shows you have managerial skill. Because you are from Turkey, your lack of international exposure is not really a negative--that is, your "Turkishness" gives you a strong international dimension. I also think you should directly mention somewhere in your essays that your MBA will be sponsored by the ministry--this is impressive and will count in your favor.

So, I don't want to tell you to give up on HBS and Stanford if you have the time and inclination to apply. You might get lucky. Your odds at Wharton and MIT are better, and you are competitive at Berkeley, Cornell, UCLA, and Yale. I recommend that you give them a very detailed and "savvy" goals statement -- explain *exactly* why you need a U.S. MBA and be persuasive and specific about what each of these schools offers you.

Other excellent finance schools to consider that you have a shot at: Chicago, Duke, NYU Stern, Michigan.

Good luck,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
pbodine,
thank you very much for your acknowledgement, you helped very much. I hope I will be able get into one of those schools that you stated. Every of them is quite good. And also thank you for your encouragement:)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
zombi35 wrote:
pbodine,
thank you very much for your acknowledgement, you helped very much. I hope I will be able get into one of those schools that you stated. Every of them is quite good. And also thank you for your encouragement:)

You're welcome.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]