It is currently 17 Aug 2017, 12:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Can I bring a bottle of water to the interview?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 38

Can I bring a bottle of water to the interview? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2017, 13:18
Also a tack-on question, what should I bring to the interview?

One of my biggest issues when talking is that my voice starts to go very hoarse and I need to drink a lot of water (also becomes an issue because then I need to use the bathroom). Is it acceptable to carry a 1 liter bottle into the interview?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 38

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 69 [1] , given: 30

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Can I bring a bottle of water to the interview? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2017, 08:28
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
gillyelephant wrote:
Also a tack-on question, what should I bring to the interview?
Hi gillyelephant! So here is my take on this as a person who has conducted A LOT of on campus interviews with prospective applicants. I would not bring a 1 liter bottle of water. I would have a very small- like 8 oz bottle of water in my bag or backpack. I would then explain at the start that I am just getting over a cold and my voice is hoarse so I am going to keep the water handy if needed. Then I'd try not to need it- but if you do just do what you need to do- take a sip and go back to the interview.

Honestly if you bring some giant water bottle in and then you tell me straight up that you get hoarse quickly you are starting the interview in the negative because it just seems out of the ordinary for the thousands of interviews I have done. Practice not needing the water- and for heaven's sake... GO TO THE BATHROOM for sure... like at least 2 times before the interview because you don't want to have to excuse yourself from a 30 minute interview to go to the bathroom!I'm just giving it to you like I'd see it...

So they don't need to know you are ALWAYS hoarse... just say you are getting over a cold and have a little tickle in your throat so have the small water bottle available if needed and then try to minimize this playing any role in the interview itself! Best wishes!!

One of my biggest issues when talking is that my voice starts to go very hoarse and I need to drink a lot of water (also becomes an issue because then I need to use the bathroom). Is it acceptable to carry a 1 liter bottle into the interview?

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 69 [1] , given: 30

Re: Can I bring a bottle of water to the interview?   [#permalink] 25 Jan 2017, 08:28