Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
WE:Accounting (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 385 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V28
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22052 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
WE:Accounting (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Can I score a Q50 without permutation and combination? [#permalink]
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi ChiTexan2015,

First off, Q47 is a great start! Since you are aiming for 48+, honestly, I don’t recommend learning only the basics of combinations and permutations or skipping any topics, for that matter. After all, you don’t know how many questions from any topic that you may see on test day, so it’s certainly not worth taking the chance of getting multiple questions wrong because you did not thoroughly learn a topic, right?

With all that said, do you need some further advice on how to improve your quant skills?

Yes, absolutely. I would greatly appreciate any help/advice. I have the test in 8 days and I currently believe to be at 70% in both V and Q.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22052 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
ChiTexan2015 wrote:

Yes, absolutely. I would greatly appreciate any help/advice. I have the test in 8 days and I currently believe to be at 70% in both V and Q.

First off, you could take one last MBA.com practice exam. Once complete review your wrong answers to determine some of your weak areas and make the necessary fixes in those areas. Additionally, you may find it helpful to engage in focused practice of each individual quant and verbal topic. For example, let’s say that you want to practice Number Properties. You can do so by answering 50 or more questions just from Number Properties: LCM, GCF, units digit patterns, divisibility, remainders, etc. As you do such practice, do a thorough analysis of each question that you don't get right. If you got a remainder question wrong, ask yourself why. Did you make a careless mistake? Did you not properly apply the remainder formula? Was there a concept you did not understand in the question? By carefully analyzing your mistakes, you will be able to efficiently fix your weaknesses and in turn improve your GMAT quant skills. Number Properties is just one example; follow this process for all quant and verbal topics.

I wrote an article that you may find helpful that has some more advice regarding how to treat the final week leading up to your GMAT as well as some tips for test day.

Let’s me know how things end up, and please reach out with any further questions.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot