It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 17:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Can Someone Review my profile for NYU, Kellogg, Cornell & INSEAD

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Can Someone Review my profile for NYU, Kellogg, Cornell & INSEAD [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 21:30
Work Experience - 38 Months (as of April 2016)

European MNC Bank in India -
Global Markets - Management Trainee - 18 Months
Part of the Institutional Client Group, responsible for fixed income sales (Syndicated Loans and Structured Products).
Asset & Wealth Management - Analyst - 20 Months

Undergraduate Degree
Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.)
CGPA - 2.92/4 (Albeit consistently improving over the course with a final year GPA 3.4 - Does that make any difference?)

Professional Degree -
Completed the Integrated Professional Competence Course of the Chartered Accountancy Program offered by ICAI

GMAT - (I am considering retaking the examination)
VA - 35
QA - 49
OA - 700
IR - 6
AWA - 4.5

What will I need to do differently to get an admit from the target schools mentioned above. Is it advisable to re-take the GMAT assuming I am able to get a 740. Will it significantly improve my profile?

Additionally, how do these schools view re-applicants? Let's say I apply with my current profile this time and am not admitted, will that negatively impact my application next year?

Last edited by Narenn on 07 Nov 2015, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
Topic moved

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: SDA Bocconi - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.21
WE: Analyst (Telecommunications)
Re: Can Someone Review my profile for NYU, Kellogg, Cornell & INSEAD [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 22:23
Hi Aditya,

I think your profile is good but probably not strong enough to the terms of NYU Stern, Kellogg etc based on the info you provided.
WE wise you would be in the lower side of the spectrum, not a very good GPA as well, hence you need to excel in some other parts of your profile.

However, it also depends a lot on your essays and what are things you have other than your work profile which can significantly improve your profile.
Retaking GMAT may help but a very tiny bit, so you need to see whether its worth the effort as there is risk of not making it to 740 as well.

Re-applicants are judged based on how their profile has improved over the course of the year, so if you don't have any different things coming up next year then in case you fail this year, next year is again going to be tough.

Let me know if you have more questions.

adityamalhotra wrote:
Work Experience - 38 Months (as of April 2016)

European MNC Bank in India -
Global Markets - Management Trainee - 18 Months
Part of the Institutional Client Group, responsible for fixed income sales (Syndicated Loans and Structured Products).
Asset & Wealth Management - Analyst - 20 Months

Undergraduate Degree
Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.)
CGPA - 2.92/4 (Albeit consistently improving over the course with a final year GPA 3.4 - Does that make any difference?)

Professional Degree -
Completed the Integrated Professional Competence Course of the Chartered Accountancy Program offered by ICAI

GMAT - (I am considering retaking the examination)
VA - 35
QA - 49
OA - 700
IR - 6
AWA - 4.5

What will I need to do differently to get an admit from the target schools mentioned above. Is it advisable to re-take the GMAT assuming I am able to get a 740. Will it significantly improve my profile?

Additionally, how do these schools view re-applicants? Let's say I apply with my current profile this time and am not admitted, will that negatively impact my application next year?

Dhiraj Jha
http://www.globalmba-gyan.com
MBA 2011 - SDA Bocconi School of Management (Milan, Italy)
Global Account Management, Samsung Electronics Headquarters (Korea)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

Re: Can Someone Review my profile for NYU, Kellogg, Cornell & INSEAD   [#permalink] 19 Oct 2015, 22:23

Can Someone Review my profile for NYU, Kellogg, Cornell & INSEAD

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap