Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 618949 [3]
Given Kudos: 81595
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Schools: Rotman '17
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Sauder (BC) Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
canuckc707 wrote:
Machelen wrote:
I gotta mention I want to stay in Canada. So any chance for me to go ivy, sauder, rotman?

Posted from my mobile device

I think you'll need to build on your work experience to have a shot at getting into Rotman. Have you started the CFA?

Sorry I think I might not be so clear, I have in total 3.5 years working experience, 2.5 in CIBC, 1 in SF. OUT of 2.5 yr for cibc, 1 year as manager

No I have not but I definitely will. I attended the exam once when I was last year student but miserably failed (didn't know it would take so many hours while I was studying and part timing plus CFA level 1, how stupid I was lol).

BTW I am looking at sauder part time MBA.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Sauder (BC) Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Machelen wrote:
I gotta mention I want to stay in Canada. So any chance for me to go ivy, sauder, rotman?

You could have a decent chance at all 3 (full-time options). With a decent app, you would also be a great fit for the part-time program. The undergrad GPA is a bit of a downer but the GMAT is decent enough to pull you up.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GyanOne wrote:
Machelen wrote:

You could have a decent chance at all 3 (full-time options). With a decent app, you would also be a great fit for the part-time program. The undergrad GPA is a bit of a downer but the GMAT is decent enough to pull you up.

Thank you very much, that is actually a good relief. I was extremely worried about the undergrad score.

I just gave UBC a call, unfortunately the recruiter is away but the front desk lady told me that Part-time does not offer scholarship at all and no Coop program, so I guess I will stick with full time MBA for next year.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Machelen wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
Machelen wrote:

Thank you very much, that is actually a good relief. I was extremely worried about the undergrad score.

I just gave UBC a call, unfortunately the recruiter is away but the front desk lady told me that Part-time does not offer scholarship at all and no Coop program, so I guess I will stick with full time MBA for next year.

Sounds very good. You should be a good candidate for the Sauder full-time MBA program. Try and apply in the earlier rounds (R1 if possible).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Machelen wrote:
canuckc707 wrote:
Machelen wrote:

I think you'll need to build on your work experience to have a shot at getting into Rotman. Have you started the CFA?

Sorry I think I might not be so clear, I have in total 3.5 years working experience, 2.5 in CIBC, 1 in SF. OUT of 2.5 yr for cibc, 1 year as manager

No I have not but I definitely will. I attended the exam once when I was last year student but miserably failed (didn't know it would take so many hours while I was studying and part timing plus CFA level 1, how stupid I was lol).

BTW I am looking at sauder part time MBA.

Rotman requires a minimum of a 3.3 GPA in your final year of your undergraduate degree. Also, retail banking experience isn't regarded very highly by Rotman adcom. Applications are up almost 45% over the last two years, so it is a lot more competitive than it used to be. That being said, as long as you spin your story right, you do stand a chance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

I wish to apply to UBC Sauder Full time MBA program.

I have total 5 years of work experience with 1 year of managerial.
I have a GMAT of 710 Q50 V35
I have completed my Bachelor of Engineering.My Undergrad score of 62.5%( First Class) from University of Mumbai, India
Mumbai university follows absolute percentage system offering Distinction to 70% + scores
60% and above is considered a decent score in Mumbai University
I wish to understand whether i will meet the UBC Sauder GPA requirment of 76%.?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi Guys,

My name is Ronit Sharma and i want to know whether I have good chance of getting into Sauder or not. Please evaluate my profile :

Nationality: Indian
10th: 9 CGPA
12th: 95%
Graduation: 68% (First Division) [Economics Honors, University of Delhi]
Extra Curricular activities: I have been an active member of the Delhi University Theater circuit for the 3 years of my graduation. I have written, directed and acted in many plays. i was the Vice President of the Theater Society of my College.
Internship (2 months): Anabond Pvt Ltd (Marketing)

GMAT 650 (Q49,V29,IR-8,AW-5?)

Work Experience : 2 Years (Zomato Media Pvt Ltd - Marketing/Operations)
I joined in when Zomato began Online ordering. I was a key member in initial process of setting up that business. So apparently, I worked in a successful startup within a startup (a new-age, fast growth, ups-and-downs kind of company).
I have also worked with a couple of NGOs.

Post MBA goals : Management/Consultancy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Kudos
Hello all

My name is Gautam. I am from India.
I am planning to pursue my MBA from Canada Or Australia.

Profile:
Work Ex. : 12 Years. Govt Finance Institution [In Commercial/Project/Development Finance]

Graduation : Agriculture (8.33/10 Undergraduate, 8.49 Post Graduate)/ Masters In Finance (6.67/10, Distance)
GMAT : 650 [Q47, v34, AWA 5.0, IR 4.0]
Extra : Winner of Inter-Collegiate Oratory Competitions, Played Chess for college and was in University Senate as student member

I need Finance (No Co-signer), and hope for some scholarship (got a few in UK once, including a good full waiver from Henley and GBP 10 from Lancaster/Cass, but coudnt go due to fin. problems).

Am I too late? Some Schools in Canada said so (McMaster, Ivy and Queens)

Hoping for feedback and fearing some bashing....
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
GPA: 3
Send PM
Background and nationality:Indian
Undergrad Information: Computer Science Engineer
GMAT:640 (v-32(66%) v-46(58%), AWA- 5(53%), IR-1(0%) )
Work experience and leadership- 2 years as information Security Analyst
Community and others: 6 months in navjeevan NGO
Post MBA goals: I want to work in marketing/ consulting
Anything else?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Schools: ISB '23 (II)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, Please evaluate my profile.
Do I have a chance in top b schools(Rotman, British Columbia, Ivy, York) of Canada? Please recommend other schools in Canada.
Gmat Score:740
10th: 83.6%
12th: 82.2%
4 years B.Tech in Electrical engineering with 63% from Thapar University, India
6 months internship in Maruti Suzuki
Work Exp: 2 years with Infosys in IT field
Extra Curricular:
Social Work: Member of NGO in college.
Sports: Represented school and college in inter school and college tournaments
Member of toastmasters club

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
Shubham11 wrote:
Hi, Please evaluate my profile.
Do I have a chance in top b schools(Rotman, British Columbia, Ivy, York) of Canada? Please recommend other schools in Canada.
Gmat Score:740
10th: 83.6%
12th: 82.2%
4 years B.Tech in Electrical engineering with 63% from Thapar University, India
6 months internship in Maruti Suzuki
Work Exp: 2 years with Infosys in IT field
Extra Curricular:
Social Work: Member of NGO in college.
Sports: Represented school and college in inter school and college tournaments
Member of toastmasters club

Hi Shubham,

Your stats are well in place, but your work experience is on the lower side. I'd recommend you wait for another year and build up your professional experiences. If by chance you still apply this year, what will make a real difference is the 1. quality of your professional experiences; 2. your career progression and future goals; 3. the execution of your application. SUbmitting compelling applications will be supremely important. Competition is tough for the CAnadian programs this year as a large number of Indians are considering these over American MBA programs.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 93
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V36
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi,

Does analytical writing score of 4 which is below the 50 percentile benchmark for ubc sauder school of business affect my profile.

Will IR and AWA score matter?!

Thanks,
Varthini

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello All,
I want to apply for the UBC Sauder professional MBA program, which is their part time version of the program. I was hoping if you could tell me what are the chances.

Undergrad: Engineering from a Canadian university (Ottawa, ON)
UG GPA: 3.3
GMAT: 630
Experience: 3 years 11 months in a big size oil and gas firm in an engineering role.
Designation: P.Eng

Do you think my gmat score is a little low?? Especially since they mention they have a competitive requirement of 650.

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
shaan11 wrote:
Hello All,
I want to apply for the UBC Sauder professional MBA program, which is their part time version of the program. I was hoping if you could tell me what are the chances.

Undergrad: Engineering from a Canadian university (Ottawa, ON)
UG GPA: 3.3
GMAT: 630
Experience: 3 years 11 months in a big size oil and gas firm in an engineering role.
Designation: P.Eng

Do you think my gmat score is a little low?? Especially since they mention they have a competitive requirement of 650.

Shaan,
The application requirements are generally a little lower for part-time MBAs as compared to their full-time equivalents. You are close to UBC Sauder's part time program requirements (though not on the higher side).

If the rest of your profile is good (strong WE, career progression, ECAs, and a clear need for an MBA given your goals), then go ahead and apply with this score. BAsically, your application should be really strong.

Reach out if you need any help.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi,

I want to apply for full time MBA in Canada. Sauder is one of the colleges I am looking at.
My profile is as follows

10th - 87%
12th - 70%
B.E (Mechanical) from Mumbai University with 56%. Passed out in 2013. Conversion of score with WES table gives me CGPA above 3 on a 4 point scale.
I have 4.5 years of experience working in Engineering Maintenance and Project management with a MNC in India
Work Ex. positions held
0-1 year - Graduate Apprentice
1-2 year- Management Trainee
2 year to Current - Deputy Manager
I don't have much in terms of extra curricular activities.
Won inter college football and cricket tournaments during my college days.
Currently a member of my organizations Cricket team.
I am appearing for PMP (Project Management) certification course.

If anyone can take a look at my profile and provide me some feedback with respect to where I am, What could be improved and the GMAT score I will need to get in.

Cheers,
Kunal.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Given Kudos: 80
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Other (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi k9unal,

Curious to understand your situation right now. Have you already applied?

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma,
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Schedule a free session
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
Call: +49-15212121641
Linkedin

k9unal wrote:
Hi,

I want to apply for full time MBA in Canada. Sauder is one of the colleges I am looking at.
My profile is as follows

10th - 87%
12th - 70%
B.E (Mechanical) from Mumbai University with 56%. Passed out in 2013. Conversion of score with WES table gives me CGPA above 3 on a 4 point scale.
I have 4.5 years of experience working in Engineering Maintenance and Project management with a MNC in India
Work Ex. positions held
0-1 year - Graduate Apprentice
1-2 year- Management Trainee
2 year to Current - Deputy Manager
I don't have much in terms of extra curricular activities.
Won inter college football and cricket tournaments during my college days.
Currently a member of my organizations Cricket team.
I am appearing for PMP (Project Management) certification course.

If anyone can take a look at my profile and provide me some feedback with respect to where I am, What could be improved and the GMAT score I will need to get in.

Cheers,
Kunal.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 179
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GRE 1: Q161 V160
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Hi Team,

I'd love to have my profile evaluated :

Background and nationality : Indian Male(non-engineer)

Undergrad Information : Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management and Hotel Administration

GMAT: Will appear next month(expecting 650 realistically)

Work experience and leadership :

7.5 years Work Experience :-
- 2 years as a Sales Executive with Taj Hotels
- 7 months as an Assistant Sales Manager at a Regional Sales office of a 5-star hotel and convention centre.
- 1.5 years as Sales Manager with an Inbound Travel Company
- 4.5 years as a Naturalist/Professional wildlife guide at a Luxury Safari Company under the Taj Hotels Brand. Am deeply passionate about wildlife and wanted to get closer to understanding the natural world through working in such areas. Banking on this aspect of work experience as a differentiating factor.

As a trained Naturalist, I have lived in deeply rural wilderness areas of India and Nepal, tracking wild Tigers and Rhinos amongst larger fauna. Clients have been primarily international luxury travelers.
Have been exposed to dangerous situations unlike any job i've done previously of course, while guiding clients.
Conducted Guide Training Programmes for internal hiring as well as on behalf of the Government.
The job requires one to be a leader every day.

Community and others :
Extensively conducted Wildlife Conservation Classes in schools for local communities/indigenous tribes, a remit of being a Naturalist.

Post MBA goals :
Really believe in the cause of environmental sustainability and looking for opportunities to learn about Sustainable Business Practises.
The entire ethos at UBC is based around sustainability, and this is extremely attractive for an MBA which I would like to do in Canada.

Would love any objective advice.

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2