Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
MBA Prep School CEO & Co-Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Can you provide info on European MBA programs? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hello Debayan,
Thanks for your patience as we get up and running in this new forum space. Answers to your questions:
1) 1 year programs are not ideal for career changers because the summer internship is a great opportunity for employers to take a risk on someone without previous industry experience. However, the top European programs might be a great bridge into consulting or banking from industry if you emerge as a top-ranked student.
2) I think it best to refer you to the website of these programs for admissions policies. I don't like to quote school policies in forums because as soon as I do they are sure to change. :)
3) Your school targeting should factor in where you want to work post-MBA. If you want to work in the US the US schools are ideal. Equally, the top international schools will position you best for jobs in the region of that program.
4) We are big fans of applying in Round 1. Always aim for Round 1 assuming you can achieve the same quality in your applications in time.

All the best!
Tyler
Retired Moderator
Send PM
MBAPrepSchoolTyler wrote:
Hello Debayan,
Thanks for your patience as we get up and running in this new forum space. Answers to your questions:
1) 1 year programs are not ideal for career changers because the summer internship is a great opportunity for employers to take a risk on someone without previous industry experience. However, the top European programs might be a great bridge into consulting or banking from industry if you emerge as a top-ranked student.
2) I think it best to refer you to the website of these programs for admissions policies. I don't like to quote school policies in forums because as soon as I do they are sure to change. :)
3) Your school targeting should factor in where you want to work post-MBA. If you want to work in the US the US schools are ideal. Equally, the top international schools will position you best for jobs in the region of that program.
4) We are big fans of applying in Round 1. Always aim for Round 1 assuming you can achieve the same quality in your applications in time.

All the best!
Tyler

Hi Tyler,
Thanks for your reply...!
Few quick thoughts on the follow-up:

1.Recently I heard that Internationals(especially Asians/Indians) may find it difficult to secure employment in the UK post-MBA as the UK is currently in the process of tightening it’s working visa restrictions...So, should Indian applicants with career change (re both industry-RE & job function change) mindset be refrain from applying to LBS or any other UK schools like Said/Judge considering as a top-ranked student profile from the current industry?

2.Honestly I don't have any rigid preference between Europe/US...Euro school was in my top choice because of their 1 year less expensive and quick ROI-driven program.But as I see the constraint, I've been thinking of focusing on the other Euro (re outside UK) schools and US programs

3. In the LT-will come back to India to start my own venture...But immediately after MBA, I'd like to see myself working in that country where i'll earn the degree...It's required for more diverse global experience and of course as far ROI is concerned (this is something Internationals need to consider very seriously I think..right?)...So in that line, UK seems to be not a great option at all with all their new rules & regulations.

4. Is R2 a big NO for Internationals/Indians...? To what extent chances of getting in come down in R2 as compared to R1 for this oversubscribed pool?

I'd much appreciate your detail and straight forward feedback on these!
MBA Prep School CEO & Co-Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
1. Yes, I have heard that as well. Very wise of you to pay attention to these immigration trends. Finding a job is difficult enough in the current economy so added hurdles of immigration rules can make it simply impossible.
2. Keep in mind that all countries have work rule hurdles for foreign MBA graduates to one degree or another. The US is in the midst of immigration reform but the impact on MBA graduates hasn't sorted itself out. I have to admit that these immigration issues are not something that we have expertise in. Our expertise is in helping applicant earn acceptance letters.
3. Agreed.
4. I wouldn't go so far as to say it is a big NO. Rather that you'll gain a slight edge by applying in Round 1. In an over-represented pool every edge counts.
GMAT Club Bot