GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Sep 2018, 21:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

My Chances at Harvard - Post All Profile Evaluation Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Chartered Accountant India   [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 10:20
23 male chartered accountant Indian(first attempt) . 1 year of experience and gmat score of 710

Sent from my SM-G615F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Chartered Accountant India   [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 10:21
23 male chartered accountant Indian(first attempt) . 1 year of experience and gmat score of 710

Sent from my SM-G615F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: My chances at an mba from Harvard  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 10:39
EyadHK,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Indeed, the quantitative aspects of your profile place you among the candidates being considered for admissions. However, as mentioned, this is all that the quants offer. HBS seeks candidates that exude leadership and community engagement. You haven't mentioned anything about your community involvement or leadership experience. If these are areas that require some work, I recommend you begin addressing at the earliest. Once these are in place and you have a competitive GMAT score, then you need to work on showcasing your emotional intelligence (EQ). This is expressed in the SOP, LOR, and any qualitative aspect you show the AdComm, including the interview. I recommend you begin learning about the institution, why an MBA from HBS makes sense, and where do you hope the MBA takes you in your career.

I think you would benefit from a free consultation where we can learn more about your profile, and see how we can help. If interested, please email us (contact details below) or connect with us: https://siaadmissions.com/free-consultation/ to coordinate.

Good luck!

EyadHK wrote:
I’m from Saudi Arabia, I graduated from Pennsylvania state university as a petroleum engineer, I haven’t taken the GMAT yet but let’s say that I can get something around 720-750, and with a 4 years experience in Saudi Aramco one of the biggest oil companies in the world if not the biggest.
What’s my chances of getting accepted to Harvard?

Posted from my mobile device

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

Current Student
D
Schools: Boston U '20 (M)
GRE 1: Q169 V154
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: My Chances at Harvard - Post All Profile Evaluation Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2018, 14:52
Intern
Intern
My Chances at Harvard - Post All Profile Evaluation Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 21 Apr 2018, 10:46
I would like to know my chances to get admission in HBD/Standford/Wharton/Kelogg. My details are in below-
Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 750
Under Grad GPA: 3.2 in computer science
Post Grad GPA: 3.3, MS in information security from Australia
Work experience: 10 years as SAP developer, SAP functional consultant, SAP architect, project manager and Program manager
Worked in: IBM and Tata consultancy
Countries worked in: 2 years in Australia, 3 years in France, 2.5 years in UK, 6 months in Singapore and 2 years in India
Other courses: I have done PMP and prince 2 certification. Also I did SAP certification. Apart of that I have done few finance related courses.

I run a NGO on my own since 2017. It provides free education and meals to approx. 30 under priviledged children in India. I also run my own business in medical sector which has 60 employees.

Originally posted by pronoykundu on 20 Apr 2018, 20:07.
Last edited by pronoykundu on 21 Apr 2018, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: ALTA.MBA
Re: My Chances at Harvard - Post All Profile Evaluation Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2018, 10:33
pronoykundu wrote:
I would like to know my chances to get admission in HBD/Standford/Wharton/Kelogg. My details are in below-
Nationality: Indian
Under Grad: 3.2 in computer science
Post Grad: 3.3, MS in information security from Australia
Work experience: 10 years as SAP developer, SAP functional consultant, SAP architect, project manager and Program manager
Worked in: IBM and Tata consultancy
Countries worked in: 2 years in Australia, 3 years in France, 2.5 years in UK, 6 months in Singapore and 2 years in India
Other courses: I have done PMP and prince 2 certification. Also I did SAP certification. Apart of that I have done few finance related courses.

I run a NGO on my own since 2017. It provides free education and meals to approx. 30 under priviledged children in India. I also run my own business in medical sector which has 60 employees.

Though your demographics makes it more of a challenge, your added entrepreneurial prowess should make you very interesting to the top schools!

Paul at ALTA.MBA

Intern
Intern
My Chances at Harvard - Post All Profile Evaluation Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2018, 00:41
Background and nationality: British Male, age 23. 24 on Matriculation.

Undergrad Information: 3.5-3.7 GPA equivalent from top 3 law school in the UK

Work experience and leadership: I started working full time for a hedge fund full time during my final year of university, and have been there since. 1 promotion so far. Have taken both CFA I and II, will take level III before matriculation. Helped PM launch a new fund. will be 3.5 yrs experience upon matriculation. 2.5 yrs as at application date.

Community and others: Run marathons, keen to continue doing that.

Post MBA goals: Work for a few years in New York and then launch my own fund back in London.

Anything else?

Thanks for looking at this!

I'm also interested in CBS (mainly for the value investing programme)/Wharton - so any insight on what I need to improve (imagine I need to show more entrepreneurship / leadership / helping the community ?) for HBS/CBS/Wharton to consider me would be great.
Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: ALTA.MBA

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2018, 11:08
DanH94 wrote:
Background and nationality: British Male, age 23. 24 on Matriculation.

Undergrad Information: 3.5-3.7 GPA equivalent from top 3 law school in the UK

Work experience and leadership: I started working full time for a hedge fund full time during my final year of university, and have been there since. 1 promotion so far. Have taken both CFA I and II, will take level III before matriculation. Helped PM launch a new fund. will be 3.5 yrs experience upon matriculation. 2.5 yrs as at application date.

Community and others: Run marathons, keen to continue doing that.

Post MBA goals: Work for a few years in New York and then launch my own fund back in London.

Anything else?

Thanks for looking at this!

I'm also interested in CBS (mainly for the value investing programme)/Wharton - so any insight on what I need to improve (imagine I need to show more entrepreneurship / leadership / helping the community ?) for HBS/CBS/Wharton to consider me would be great.

Hi - Seems you have achieved what many want to do after bschool! For HBS, you may want to - as you say - consider ways to bolster your leadership profile. There is not too much time to meaningfully change your profile - but would focus on doing amazing things (out of the box) at work and digging into who you are and what makes you successful (and refine your future directions).

Paul at ALTA.MBA

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2018, 18:51
Hi all. I am an incoming student for one of the US MMS programs (Kellogg / Fuqua / etc) and will be looking to apply for deferred entry to HBS / GBS during my MMS year. Was hoping to get some perspectives on my profile and what weak aspects I can work on in the future, even if not for deferred entry then for regular entry down the line.

Goals pre-/post MBA: Consulting post-MMS, Tech Entrepreneurship post-MBA.

Undergrad: Expected high Upper Second Class Honors, Bachelor of Laws at semi-target UK Russell Group Uni (KCL / Bristol tier). GPA equivalent should be around 3.7~3.8 if translated.
GMAT: 790.

Qualifications:
- several business-related certifications on Coursera
- Wall Street Prep financial modelling course (basic package).
- Will also have completed CFA Level 2 by the time of my application (hopefully), along with the HBX CORe Program this summer.
- 3 months at a very well-known coding bootcamp in San Francisco during one of my summers - will be looking to use these programming skills to do an EduTech startup during my time at the MMS.

Professional Experiences: Probably my weakest point as I haven't done internships with any "target" companies.
- Two short summer internships with notable Asian law firms in corporate / M&A type stuff
- one winter internship with a technology startup (sparked my interest in tech entrepreneurship).
- Currently working remotely as a part-time digital marketing intern for a San Francisco-based start-up.
- Doing business development for a start-up this summer in London before the MMS.

Extracurriculars:
- Vice-captain for university football B-team
- Placed in finalist positions for some smaller international case competitions.
- university representative for UK-wide ethnic society for law
- have helped to organise careers workshops for students from impoverished backgrounds and to assist lawyers in defending financially disadvantaged criminals.

So yeah, any feedback would be great on my chances for HBS/GBS 2+2. Appreciate it guys. I think I probably have the "unique" background they might be looking for but my internships may be lacking on the quality front, especially when up against people who have done internships at GS / JPM / MBB etc. Also if anyone has an idea of how I can build up my profile over the next 1.5 years for deferred entry / 3 years for regular entry, would be great!
Intern
Intern
Chances of Getting in 2+2  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2018, 14:33
Hey,
I'm a college sophomore (still got time) interested in getting into HBS 2+2 (as well as Stanford GSB). I've currently got a 3.66 and am a chemical engineering major, probably going to keep it or possibly go higher, as most of the worst classes are being me. Haven't taken the GMAT yet, but I'm getting like a 710-720 in the practice exams, so hopefully I can pick it up a tad bit there.

GPA: 3.66
GMAT: Estimating between 710-720, haven't taken it yet

As far as leadership/extracurriculars, I was elected to executive board for the American Institute of Chemical Engineers and helped organize and manage a team of around 6 people for the regional conference and organize a career fair for all the chemical engineering undergrads. I'm also involved in undergraduate research, and we just submitted a paper that should be published soon in a physical chemistry journal, in which I am 4th author, and have won 1st place at a poster competition with the same lab. I also am in charge of hiring, training, and managing new interns in the lab and do so for a team of two interns who I manage.

I am also one of only four chemical engineering undergrads at my school (USC) to get a summer internship with a semiconductors company in research and devlopment, and will start that in a couple weeks.

What are the odds I make it in to 2+2 when I apply in my senior year? What should I do in my junior and senior years to look better as an applicant?
Thanks guys!!
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q163 V165
GPA: 3.71
My chances at HBS?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2018, 14:22
Hey all,

I am interested in applying to Harvard this year for 2019, please rate my profile.

Nationality- American White
GRE- 165V/163Q/5.5AW
Degree: Political Science and Public Policy
College: UC Berkeley
GPA: 3.7, graduated with Distinction
Work experience: Currently a political media buying, I place ads and develop media campaigns for political campaigns and super pacs in an attempt to influence elections across the country on a local, statewide, and national level. Within this job, I also do extensive research using marketing research data in order to create targets and ensure the right audience is hit with the right message. Before this, I was a local political consultant and assisted candidates run in local elections. In total, I've worked for 5 years total.
Extracurricular- I work a side gig as a research assistant on a political science textbook, I volunteer and read essays for a scholarship foundation, I volunteer at the WWI Centennial Commission, in the past when I have held numerous positions in political party clubs ranging from political director, delegate, treasurer, etc.
Career Goals: Post MBA, I would like to use an MBA to pivot from political work into marketing and general management.

Harvard is probably a bit of a stretch for me, but I feel as though I should give it a shot. What do you think?
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.84
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: My chances at HBS?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2018, 15:09
Apply!!!! Shoot your shot. Not sure about your odds. But, if you do not apply, you may regret it.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GRE 1: Q166 V164
GPA: 3.97
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2018, 23:52
Planning to apply in the round closing September 2018

Indian Male, 27 years old

1) Work ex - Working with McKinsey for 3 years , will have 4 years of work-ex by the time I join, if selected that is. Have led numerous client engagements for Indian Clients, mostly in pharmaceutical space.
2) Education:
- Undergrad - Civil Engineering (from one of top 5 IITs) - GPA: 9.42/10 (Silver Medalist - top of Civil Engineering, top 3% of entire engineering class)
- Postgrad - PGDM (considered MBA in India) from top Indian B-School (IIM-Ahmedabad) - GPA - 3.64 (Top 5% of Class, Institute Merit Scholar)
3) GMAT: yet to attempt, but getting 730 (Kaplan) and 760 (in GMAT official practice test pack 3 and 4)

Extra Curriculars: Mostly in Undergrad (quizzing, organizing business fest etc). Moderately active with counselling of cancer patients in a hospital on weekends
Schools Considered: HBS, Wharton, LBS, Insead
MBA Goal: Getting a more healthcare focused MBA, post MBA get into business roles in organizations focused on Healthcare (can be PE/VCs or business roles at healthcare companies)

Thanks in advance
VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: My chances at HBS?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2018, 09:14
You have my input from the other Forum but yes I think that you should give it a shot. I would not be counting any chickens because 10% acceptance rate but it seems that you have a habit of leadership here, which is the main thing they are looking for. Harvard cares about pedigree and impact, so it would help to have some type of cachet in your work background. I'm hoping that you have quantifiable results from what you have done. One weakness is that it doesn't seem as though you have a lot of international experience, on the other hand, you're coming from a unique role/ industry and that you're going to provide a unique classroom vantage point, I'm not saying that others in your position won't apply but you are not just another consultant or financial analyst. So work that angle :-)

http://mbaprepcoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

ARLee Consulting
S
Affiliations: Samsung Electronics HR Head | INSEAD Admissions Interviewer
INSEAD: MBA 11D
Concentration: Human Resources, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2018, 13:57
Hi AkarshS,

thank you for sharing your profile.

Your strong academics and your experience at McKinsey make your profile an strong one. However, please keep in mind the following:

(1) GMAT: Aim higher than 730, especially for HBS and Wharton. If you could achieve the 760 you have gotten in the GMAT official practice test that would be great.

(2) International Experience / Motivation: Do you have any experience outside of India? This is particularly important for INSEAD and LBS.

(3) Extra-curriculars: counselling of cancer patients on weekends is an excellent extra-curricular to mention, but you're going to need to think about other activities that can help you stand out from the rest of applicants.

Feel free to PM me or email me directly at alex@arleeconsulting.com for a more detailed discussion and evaluation of your candidacy for your targeted schools.

Thank you
Alex

Alex Ruiz Lee, INSEAD MBA'11D & Admissions Interviewer
ARLee Consulting - Founder and Managing Director
MBA Admissions & Career Coach
HR Executive Director

Mobile: +52 1 55 2702 0059
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Web: http://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Please, email us your CV for a free evaluation of your candidacy

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V51
GRE 1: Q165 V167

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 04 Jun 2018, 14:07
Hi all,
Thanks in advance for reading! I included (what I think is) all the relevant information below, but in addition to that I had a few follow up questions:

1.) I was planning on applying in R1, but if I delay to R2 I could add more volunteer hours for a suicide hotline, and I will have most likely completed my six sigma green belt certification by that time (there is a chance I will have it done by R1 but the start date at my company keeps getting pushed out).
2.) I worked a lot during undergrad to pay for school, as I mention below--what would be the best way to work this into the application (if at all)? It seems a bit silly to put my low wage undergrad jobs on my resume, but would also be using up valuable space in my essay.
3.) I am not comfortable asking my current supervisor for a reference, partly because he doesn't know me that well (he's one of those managers that I only talk to for half an hour at a monthly 1:1 and don't actually work with), and partly because my company is not used to the idea of people going back to school--it just isn't done here for some reason. However, the person who is my "acting manager," i.e. assigns me projects and works with me extensively, would be a great option. The only problem is, we are at the same level of position--she is just shy of a promotion to manager, whereas I am many years away, so we're in very different roles, but on paper it looks the same. Is the combination of not having a reference from my real supervisor and having the reference be from someone at my level be very damaging?
4.) HBS has an LGBT open house, which occurs after the R1 deadline. Additionally, Reaching Out MBA, which is an organization supporting LGBT MBA students, also has an admissions conference which I believe HBS will attend, and this is also after the R1 deadline. Would it be advantageous to attend these first and apply in R2 instead?
5.) My rec writers do not know I'm trans--not because I'm not out, but because it's just something that's never come up at work and there was never an organic way to discuss it. Will not having them mention that in my recs hurt me, if I am otherwise presenting myself as a candidate who is open about their identity and actively involved in the trans community?

Thanks again!

Demographic: Caucasian, American, Male, Transgender, 28

GMAT: 780
Undergrad: very large flagship state school in the 50-70 ranking range, chemical engineering-3.2 GPA (chemical engineering program is top 25)
Grad: Master's from same school and program, chemical engineering-3.5 GPA (was in the PhD program but decided to drop out due to not enjoying my project and wanting to work in industry, so I spent 3 years in grad school to get my master's)
Extracurriculars while in school: no extracurriculars, but worked extensively (20-30 hours a week) in on-campus jobs, while serving as an RA in the dorms my junior and senior years and doing research in a lab from freshman to junior year. one internship at a very small biotech startup after my senior year, before I began my master's.

Work experience:
-Company 1 (after master's): 1.5 years a process development engineer at a highly innovative, midsize (~8000 employees) medical device company. Several projects with good returns in cost, cycle time, waste reduction, etc. no promotions.
-Company 2 (current role, equivalent to a one level increase from last role): 1.5 years (at time of application) as an engineer at a highly innovative pharmaceutical company in bay area, (~3000 employees), focused on extremely rare diseases. I work in a role similar to an industrial engineer--I manage all our capacity data, as well as run advanced capacity simulations and guide high-level decision-making with the data I generate and the suggestions I make based on that data. I also develop new metrics, business processes, etc. No promotions.

Hobbies/Community Service:
-100 hours in the past year answering calls for a transgender suicide hotline, which I am planning on working into the essay if possible
-Weightlifting (probably can't work that into the application though as I don't compete)

Motivations:
Overall: Continue to focus on highly innovative biotech companies (pharma or medical device) that are doing valuable work targeted at underserved groups/populations/diseases/disorders.
Short-term: Since I have a strong tech background, I want to fill out my business-side background so that I can work with highly innovative companies and help them build out sustainable long-term operations strategies that will enable significant growth.
Long-term: develop frameworks that will allow for translation of medical research breakthoughs into FDA-approved commercial treatments more rapidly, with minimal overhead.

Thank you!

Originally posted by biotechapplicant on 28 May 2018, 13:03.
Last edited by biotechapplicant on 04 Jun 2018, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.97

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2018, 13:04
I am a graduate student pursuing my Master's of Science in Accounting at the University of Texas at Arlington, which I started straight after completing my undergraduate degree as a double major in accounting and finance. I am planning to apply to the HBS 2+2 program in April 2018.

I completed my undergraduate degree in 3 years (did not bring any credits in). Was part of the Honors College, and completed the requirements for an Honors degree. I have co-authored two academic publications during my undergraduate career: one in accounting and one in finance. I was awarded a federal grant by the Federal Highway Administration to pursue research in accounting. I am also writing another academic paper in my Master's. I had enough merit-based scholarships to be on a full-ride in my senior year. I also have enough merit-based scholarships to be on a full-ride throughout my graduate studies right now. I am international student from India.

I completed a year of internship with American Airlines in their Corporate Accounting Department. I spent one month with the PCAOB in Washington DC this summer as an intern, though had to leave the internship mid-way because of a health concern. I am also a table tennis player, and play for the UTA table tennis team (top four players in the university. Some stats below:

Overall GPA: 3.971/4.00
Major GPA: 4.00/4.00
GMAT Score: 740 (Q 49 , V 41, IR 6, AWA 6)

I want to pursue the CPA certification. I wanted to know of my chances for the 2+2 program, and if I should be aware of anything. Also, needed some advice regarding my quant score in the GMAT (I have heard a 50 or a 51 is coveted; I am sure I can secure either one in a second attempt). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2018, 03:49
Hi, please evaluate my profile.

Background and nationality: Female, 25, India
Undergrad Information: Most prestigious law school in India, top 15% of the class (GPA of 5.9/7)
GMAT: 730
Work experience and leadership: Work ex- MBB for 2 years, 1 year at a fintech startup focusing on financial inclusion. Work at MBB involved strategy for MNCs, implemention of large scale transformations, government report released by the Prime Minister. Manager of strategic partnerships at fintech, onboarded 10k+ new customers by identifying relevant partners.
Community and others: Strongly involved in social work in college- legal aid, head of an student-run NGO where I managed a large team of 40+. Also conceptualised and authored a report on the University (led team of 4), which was widely covered by media. Currently continue mentoring underprivileged students whom I had mentored as part of NGO in college.
Post MBA goals: Work closely with social entrepreneurs in scaling up and in working towards the "double bottomline" succesfully, either as part of an incubator/accelerator or through VC/impact investing. Also open to development finance (DIBs, SIBs). Long term goal is to start my own enterprise, preferably in financial inclusion.
Anything else? Am currently learning to surf, passionate about writing (strong track record of publications, blogs, media articles)
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2018, 04:26
Hey chibbi30j1
There's a lot to like here. I definitely think it's worth trying for a 2+2 but go broad beyond HBS and GSB and add Sloan and Yale Silver Scholars. My only two concerns here are that accounting doesn't tend to be a feeder, and being an Indian national can make this a tough process. Your stats may help there though and there might be less competition from India at the 2+2 level.
Re your GMAT, we do see that at the regular MBA level, a lot of successful pplicants from India at top US schools typically have 50+ Quant scores BUT it all depends on the overall candidacy.
Worth a shot! Good luck!
Krista

chibbi30j1 wrote:
I am a graduate student pursuing my Master's of Science in Accounting at the University of Texas at Arlington, which I started straight after completing my undergraduate degree as a double major in accounting and finance. I am planning to apply to the HBS 2+2 program in April 2018.

I completed my undergraduate degree in 3 years (did not bring any credits in). Was part of the Honors College, and completed the requirements for an Honors degree. I have co-authored two academic publications during my undergraduate career: one in accounting and one in finance. I was awarded a federal grant by the Federal Highway Administration to pursue research in accounting. I am also writing another academic paper in my Master's. I had enough merit-based scholarships to be on a full-ride in my senior year. I also have enough merit-based scholarships to be on a full-ride throughout my graduate studies right now. I am international student from India.

I completed a year of internship with American Airlines in their Corporate Accounting Department. I spent one month with the PCAOB in Washington DC this summer as an intern, though had to leave the internship mid-way because of a health concern. I am also a table tennis player, and play for the UTA table tennis team (top four players in the university. Some stats below:

Overall GPA: 3.971/4.00
Major GPA: 4.00/4.00
GMAT Score: 740 (Q 49 , V 41, IR 6, AWA 6)

I want to pursue the CPA certification. I wanted to know of my chances for the 2+2 program, and if I should be aware of anything. Also, needed some advice regarding my quant score in the GMAT (I have heard a 50 or a 51 is coveted; I am sure I can secure either one in a second attempt). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

S

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2018, 04:30
Hey leaningin
Thanks for posting and I like your handle!!
On the surface, you have a great looking profile. MBB is always great, and the startup work sounds meaningful. My only two concerns are the 730 GMAT (typically Indian applicants are a bit higher) and your overall demographic. I think the key for you will be having a broad portfolio of schools. So of course, definitely apply to HBS but make sure you have a few safer options in there as well to give yourself maximum chances of getting your MBA from a US business school. MBB will be a good draw so maybe add Fuqua, Ross, Johnson in addition to any M7 schools. Oftentimes, we find that the competition at the M7 level for Indian applicants is just so fierce! It's good to have a "Plan B."
Hope that helps!
Krista

leaningin wrote:
Hi, please evaluate my profile.

Background and nationality: Female, 25, India
Undergrad Information: Most prestigious law school in India, top 15% of the class (GPA of 5.9/7)
GMAT: 730
Work experience and leadership: Work ex- MBB for 2 years, 1 year at a fintech startup focusing on financial inclusion. Work at MBB involved strategy for MNCs, implemention of large scale transformations, government report released by the Prime Minister. Manager of strategic partnerships at fintech, onboarded 10k+ new customers by identifying relevant partners.
Community and others: Strongly involved in social work in college- legal aid, head of an student-run NGO where I managed a large team of 40+. Also conceptualised and authored a report on the University (led team of 4), which was widely covered by media. Currently continue mentoring underprivileged students whom I had mentored as part of NGO in college.
Post MBA goals: Work closely with social entrepreneurs in scaling up and in working towards the "double bottomline" succesfully, either as part of an incubator/accelerator or through VC/impact investing. Also open to development finance (DIBs, SIBs). Long term goal is to start my own enterprise, preferably in financial inclusion.
Anything else? Am currently learning to surf, passionate about writing (strong track record of publications, blogs, media articles)

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

GMAT Club Bot
Re: My Chances at Harvard - Post All Profile Evaluation Requests Here! &nbs [#permalink] 31 May 2018, 04:30

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  14    Next  [ 264 posts ] 

My Chances at Harvard - Post All Profile Evaluation Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: ydmuley

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap