It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 10:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My Chances at Harvard - Post All Profile Evaluation Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Re: My Chances at Harvard - Post All Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2017, 10:51
Background and nationality: White, UK, Male, 25 (26 at matriculation)
Undergrad Information: 3.7 GPA equivalent in Political Science at top London University (think LSE or UCL)
GMAT: 720 (Q: 47, V: 42, IR: 7, AWA: 6)
Work experience and leadership: Big Four M&A Tax (first promotion after qualifying as CA - not possible to be promoted sooner). Hold a leadership role at work amongst junior staff. Rated highly in performance reviews and have been involved with a number of high-profile client events and internal projects relating to the implications of politics (especially recent UK politics) on our services/work.
Community and others: Have an entrepreneurial background - co-founded a start-up at university and was successful as an investor whilst there. Was also a well-regarded player of a particular skill-based game that resulted in prizes and coached others in this game. Today, I continue appraising investments with my brother and also help out to manage the family business. Community-wise: more politically active than a charity person.
Post MBA goals: Investment banking in New York or London
Anything else? Applying round 2. Expect to produce strong essays and to focus on finance as groundwork towards a long-term goal as a FTSE100 CFO. This will tie into my why Harvard: year 1) learning general management fundamentals will prepare me for a lot of my long-term career goals at exec level management in industry. year 2) doing more specific electives towards my immediate post-MBA career in IB. Experience in M&A after MBA plus pre-MBA CA qualification and experience in tax and audit (i.e. compliance) makes up a large part of the CFO skill set for large companies.

MBA Strategy Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Re: My Chances at Harvard - Post All Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 09:55
hjackj wrote:
Undergrad Information: 3.7 GPA equivalent in Political Science at top London University (think LSE or UCL)
Work experience and leadership: Big Four M&A Tax (first promotion after qualifying as CA - not possible to be promoted sooner). Hold a leadership role at work amongst junior staff. Rated highly in performance reviews and have been involved with a number of high-profile client events and internal projects relating to the implications of politics (especially recent UK politics) on our services/work.
Community and others: Have an entrepreneurial background - co-founded a start-up at university and was successful as an investor whilst there. Was also a well-regarded player of a particular skill-based game that resulted in prizes and coached others in this game. Today, I continue appraising investments with my brother and also help out to manage the family business. Community-wise: more politically active than a charity person.
Anything else? Applying round 2. Expect to produce strong essays and to focus on finance as groundwork towards a long-term goal as a FTSE100 CFO. This will tie into my why Harvard: year 1) learning general management fundamentals will prepare me for a lot of my long-term career goals at exec level management in industry. year 2) doing more specific electives towards my immediate post-MBA career in IB. Experience in M&A after MBA plus pre-MBA CA qualification and experience in tax and audit (i.e. compliance) makes up a large part of the CFO skill set for large companies.

Hi,
thank you for sharing your profile! You can be a strong candidate and prove Harvard in that you'll become a competitive IB applicant. To make your profile stronger and complete, I'd advise you to focus on your unique features (e.g. game coaching, interest in investments and projects on politics at work) and add good arguments of IB choice: what are you going to change? why do you think this will be realized and what impact will this have on community/business/environment?

Victoria, MBA Strategy Application Team Lead
Find a Lot of Answers to Top Schools Admissions on Our Blog

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 11:09
mbastrategycom wrote:
hjackj wrote:

Hi,
thank you for sharing your profile! You can be a strong candidate and prove Harvard in that you'll become a competitive IB applicant. To make your profile stronger and complete, I'd advise you to focus on your unique features (e.g. game coaching, interest in investments and projects on politics at work) and add good arguments of IB choice: what are you going to change? why do you think this will be realized and what impact will this have on community/business/environment?

Thanks very much for the feedback and your input on my application. Especially in regard to presenting my ability to effect change in my future professional career. Much appreciated!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Concentration: General Management, Operations
GPA: 3.78
My Chances at Harvard - Post All Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 20:38
Background and nationality: Indian, 28Y

Undergrad Information: B.Tech( Electrical Engineering) from an above average school( India) 3.5GPA

Grad Information: M.S( Electrical and Computer Engineering) from a reputed US school with Full Tution waiver( research assistant), 3.7 GPA

GMAT: Yet to take

Work experience and leadership:
Worked as a research assistant( part time) during the Masters+intern at a top Telecom company(US)
Worked for a top Telecom company for 1 year after graduation
Co founded a food tech company in india( sept 2015) with a social aspect ( sustainable learning model for the under privileged).Work closely with the NGOs for pilot projects on learning.

Post MBA goals: Work in the food tech sector employing learning models on a bigger and better scale.

Extracurricular- A fitness freak, freelance photographer, Ukulele learner, and an all time car admirer

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

B

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2017, 09:43
NirmitGupta wrote:
Background and nationality: Indian, 28Y

Undergrad Information: B.Tech( Electrical Engineering) from an above average school( India) 3.5GPA

Grad Information: M.S( Electrical and Computer Engineering) from a reputed US school with Full Tution waiver( research assistant), 3.7 GPA

GMAT: Yet to take

Worked as a research assistant( part time) during the Masters+intern at a top Telecom company(US)
Co founded a food tech company in india( sept 2015) with a social aspect ( sustainable learning model for the under privileged).Work closely with the NGOs for pilot projects on learning.
Hi,
it's hard to give you a candid evaluation, because:
1) I do not know your GMAT
2) your profile does not reflect your leadership and managerial experience
3) your goals do not explain, why you need Harvard to achieve them: you've been in the tech food industry since 2015 and want to expand your business globally? or you seek an employee position in a gloabl food tech company?
Your profile is yet to develop considerably in order to advise the school, which would suit you best

Post MBA goals: Work in the food tech sector employing learning models on a bigger and better scale.

Extracurricular- A fitness freak, freelance photographer, Ukulele learner, and an all time car admirer

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 37

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2017, 09:16
[quote="NirmitGupta"]Background and nationality: Indian, 28Y
Hi NirmitGupta, thanks for your question. Will answer below.

GMAT: Yet to take while not the driver of everything, your best odds will be if you present with a 720+ score here.... so I'd work on getting that score or near to it early in the process. They get too many applicants to allow score updates- so the score you apply with is the one they will consider.

Co founded a food tech company in india( sept 2015) with a social aspect ( sustainable learning model for the under privileged).Work closely with the NGOs for pilot projects on learning.What kind of results have you achieved here? What kind of leadership have you practiced in doing this? I'd think in these terms as this could be a ver good experience to speak about if you do it in the right way.

A few general tips that may help you- first an article about how Indian candidates can set themselves apart in leadership: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... p-profile/ and second some tips on how Indian applicants can get to know a program from afar: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... ram-india/
And finally, we have some great bench strength for counselors with Harvard MBAs. So please reach out to us to get some specific help on your situation. You can do a free consult with us at this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2017, 03:26
Hi, I am a Pakistani female, age 25

GMAT: 760 Q 48, V 47 AWA 5.5
GPA:3.8 Economics & Mathematics – appearing for CFA Level 1
Exp: 3 years working for one of the largest conglomerates in the country in Strategy & Business growth, have worked on merger deals, greenfield investment analysis, capital budgeting, turnaround projects.

Internship at leading global FMCG.

ECA:
Started a not-for-profit tech startup benefiting 5000 people to date with a team of 60 people - currently Vice President of the startup. 5+ years of public speaking in national circuit.

B

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2017, 10:13
talz94 wrote:
Hi, I am a Pakistani female, age 25

GMAT: 760 Q 48, V 47 AWA 5.5
GPA:3.8 Economics & Mathematics – appearing for CFA Level 1
Exp: 3 years working for one of the largest conglomerates in the country in Strategy & Business growth, have worked on merger deals, greenfield investment analysis, capital budgeting, turnaround projects.

Internship at leading global FMCG.

ECA:
Started a not-for-profit tech startup benefiting 5000 people to date with a team of 60 people - currently Vice President of the startup. 5+ years of public speaking in national circuit.

Hi,
thank you for sharing your profile! You have nice chances as a female candidate, with high GMAT, advanced leadership skills and developed professional competencies. Think of your achievements and post-MBA goals and start your Harvard application experience)) Good luck!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Schools: Sloan '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V51
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 10:50
Hi!

Can you review me :)

Background and nationality:
white female, born in the USA. but parents are from Israel and Morocco (but dont have dual citizen ship)
Undergrad Information: 3.85 math and psychology major from top liberal arts college
GMAT: 740
Work experience and leadership: 4 years at IBM in marketing. Also have been marketing director of Chinese street food startup based in NYC for 1 year
Community: mentor in two different programs where I work with NYC high school students on college admissions, job applications. Also part of a jewish youth movement
Post MBA goals: brand management/ start my own start up.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2017, 00:42
Hi,
My name is ketan and currently I am 24 working in a Nuclear industry as a Design Engineer from last 2 yrs and want to pursue MBA from an ivy league. What thrivese me to earn this degree is that it would empower me with knowledge to build business plan as well as policies for the betterment of needy.i have vision of business model that would not only fetch foods to poor but even it would enable him to develop community. I did my Engineering from Good Private college in India with an aggregate of 70% and ha e published paper of my work.
I love paying football and sketching cartoons from my school days and have even participated many a times.
My GMAT score is 725.
Please let me know about the areas that I need to work on to make my application more appealing.
Thanks

Last edited by Ketan918 on 30 Sep 2017, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 17

GPA: 3.5
WE: Social Work (Non-Profit and Government)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2017, 01:22
Some candid insights please.. posting it second time as no one reviewed it :/

24 yr / Inidan/ Female

UG: 60% - Electronics and Comm engineering

WE: Co-founder and President of NGO for the past 3 yrs
Under my leadership
-Organised national level training program by the Govt of India for two consecutive years,120+ participants from the country participated
-conducted various awareness programs in schools and college, including inter schools competitions
-established first and only rescue and rehab center in the north karnataka region
-successfully working in collaboration with district administration, municipal authority and police dept
and a bunch of other events organised. Literally, built the org from scratch.

Honorary Officer by Govt of India

GMAT: yet to give - aiming for 720+

Extra-curricular:
- actively participated/-ing in Clean India Mission-Ballari - wall painiting, awareness talks, suggesting innovative steps to tackle problems in association with district administration
- have organised free english classes for slum children around our centre
- sewing - does it sound out of context? i love to sew, though i never learnt it formally, have designed & stitched a lot for myself

Post MBA goals:
Short Term:
- open the first self sustainable world class charity hospital for stray animals in our district
- work on bringing CSR funds into animal welfare
- Help other NGOs with required resources to scale up

Long term:
- Expand the charity hospital
- Fund and facilitate research on alternative meat
- work on CSR initiatives

Background for my background:
i have always been an animal lover since childhood, and always had a dream to have a big property filled with animals, well fed and well taken care of. I always thought that it was something to be done when i was 50+. Back then, i never knew what the word "NGO" meant or never visited one or heard one. A very tragic incident when i was 19 yrs old, made me realize it was now, that i need to start one, and i did, from scratch.

Why HBS?

- HBS's general management course, most apt for me
- I believe the case study method will help me to become a better decision maker, my work demands to be one
- The importance leadership is given at HBS, be it clubs or classroom, i think i can make most out of it
- HBS's network will help me to scale up my work and achieve my goals
- Brand name credibility into my field
- HBS

B

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 23:54
nikithaiyer5 wrote:

24 yr / Inidan/ Female

Under my leadership
-Organised national level training program by the Govt of India for two consecutive years,120+ participants from the country participated
-conducted various awareness programs in schools and college, including inter schools competitions
-established first and only rescue and rehab center in the north karnataka region
-successfully working in collaboration with district administration, municipal authority and police dept

Extra-curricular:
- actively participated/-ing in Clean India Mission-Ballari - wall painiting, awareness talks, suggesting innovative steps to tackle problems in association with district administration
- sewing - does it sound out of context? i love to sew, though i never learnt it formally, have designed & stitched a lot for myself

Post MBA goals:
Short Term:
- open the first self sustainable world class charity hospital for stray animals in our district

Long term:

i have always been an animal lover since childhood, and always had a dream to have a big property filled with animals, well fed and well taken care of. I always thought that it was something to be done when i was 50+. Back then, i never knew what the word "NGO" meant or never visited one or heard one. A very tragic incident when i was 19 yrs old, made me realize it was now, that i need to start one, and i did, from scratch.

Why HBS?

- I believe the case study method will help me to become a better decision maker, my work demands to be one
- The importance leadership is given at HBS, be it clubs or classroom, i think i can make most out of it
- HBS

Hi, thank you for sharing your background! You may try your chance at Harvard, if you come up with the following in your application: 1) reached your targeted GMAT score 720+; 2) show the real impact your NGO has made during the last years; 3) explain what your future hospital will change/achieve in your society and why it's really needed. A true leader can make impact and set realistic goals. Good luck!

Intern
Intern
B

GPA: 3.5
WE: Social Work (Non-Profit and Government)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 07:40
mbastrategycom wrote:
nikithaiyer5 wrote:

24 yr / Inidan/ Female

Under my leadership

Extra-curricular:

Post MBA goals:
Short Term:

Long term:

Why HBS?

- HBS

Hi, thank you for sharing your background! You may try your chance at Harvard, if you come up with the following in your application: 1) reached your targeted GMAT score 720+; 2) show the real impact your NGO has made during the last years; 3) explain what your future hospital will change/achieve in your society and why it's really needed. A true leader can make impact and set realistic goals. Good luck!

Thank you..

Intern
Intern
B

Schools: Sloan '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V51
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 11:23
Reposting my profile as i am very curious :)

Background and nationality: white female, born in the USA. but parents are from Israel and Morocco (but dont have dual citizen ship)
Undergrad Information: 3.85 math and psychology major from top liberal arts college
GMAT: 740
Work experience and leadership: 4 years at IBM in marketing. Also have been marketing director of Chinese street food startup based in NYC for 1 year
Community: mentor in two different programs where I work with NYC high school students on college admissions, job applications. Also part of a jewish youth movement

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 11:34
libiem2 wrote:
Reposting my profile as i am very curious :)
Hi libiem2, happy to review your profile below...

Background and nationality: white female, born in the USA. but parents are from Israel and Morocco (but dont have dual citizen ship)still you bring some interesting cross-cultural exposure!
GMAT: 740A great wow here!
Work experience and leadership: 4 years at IBM in marketing. Also have been marketing director of Chinese street food startup based in NYC for 1 year some very interesting work experience and the recent move to work with startup food group could differentiate you.
So you have an interesting background from what i see here- and there is no reason from your stats why you could not be accepted to HBS. However, that's not all you have to do! You also have to show "fit" and make the case that you are the kind of leader that HBS wants. For that, think about what your mission is- and how will HBS help you grow as a leader to be better able to achieve your goals. Honestly- my first thought when reading your profile here is that Haas might be a great fit because there is such a passion for food entrepreneurship there... so for whatever that is worth I'd look at Haas too! But in terms of HBS, think about what MORE you want them to know about you- your motivations, your skills that are not in the resume and can showcase you as a leader. For some general tips on HBS essays I refer you here: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... hbs-essay/
Stratus has quite a long HBS pedigree as our company was started by an HBS grad and we have many counselors who are HBS alums- so if you want to work with an HBS grad to perfect your application please reach out to us for a free consult at this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 14:10
I'm curious :)

Background/Nationality: 27M, White, Dual citizen (US and EU Nation), born in the US.

Undergrad school/major: Georgetown SFS, International Economics, 3.185 GPA

Professional Qualifications: 5 years running my own Soccer Website Startup - we're now the second largest website devoted entirely to soccer in Latin America with 12 million likes across our Spanish and Portuguese Facebook Pages. Run a farm and general store in Upstate NY with family as well, with significant income generation.

Leadership: Run my own business of 25 people (based in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, and Peru), reaching over 200 million people cumulatively per month. Honorary Captain of college football team for a practice.

GMAT: 750, 48Q/46V

Extra Curriculars: Powerlifter (going to qualify for nationals in 2018), SCUBA/Free Diver, Marksman, Community Development (helped in building a clinic and running community events), Wildlife Reintroduction (funded and managed wildlife reintroduction and preservation efforts near farm)

Goal of MBA: Want to enter Media/Entertainment Consulting and build up corporate experience I lack (tightening this up in application)

Thanks for taking time to read this and providing your insight! I realize Harvard is pretty reach-y though :)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 09:04
Background and nationality: 27M, South Korean citizen, nonimmigrant alien (H-1b visa) in the US

Undergrad information: US News top 15 school, majors in finance and math, 3.98 GPA

GMAT: 760

Work experience and leadership: 3rd year consultant at MBB; South Korean military service for 2 years

Community and others: lead soccer initiatives at the office and at church, Crossfit level 1 trainer, avid cook

Post MBA goals: want to transition to join a biotech startup and build it into a multinational company

Thanks in advance for any insights :-)

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

B

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 03:05
42Danis wrote:
I'm curious :)

Background/Nationality: 27M, White, Dual citizen (US and EU Nation), born in the US.

Undergrad school/major: Georgetown SFS, International Economics, 3.185 GPA

Professional Qualifications: 5 years running my own Soccer Website Startup - we're now the second largest website devoted entirely to soccer in Latin America with 12 million likes across our Spanish and Portuguese Facebook Pages. Run a farm and general store in Upstate NY with family as well, with significant income generation.

Leadership: Run my own business of 25 people (based in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, and Peru), reaching over 200 million people cumulatively per month. Honorary Captain of college football team for a practice.

GMAT: 750, 48Q/46V

Extra Curriculars: Powerlifter (going to qualify for nationals in 2018), SCUBA/Free Diver, Marksman, Community Development (helped in building a clinic and running community events), Wildlife Reintroduction (funded and managed wildlife reintroduction and preservation efforts near farm)

Goal of MBA: Want to enter Media/Entertainment Consulting and build up corporate experience I lack (tightening this up in application)

Thanks for taking time to read this and providing your insight! I realize Harvard is pretty reach-y though :)

Hi!
You're a great leader, who can realize ambitious goals, make complex decisions and manage multinational teams. Together with good GMAT these skills can be a good fundament for your application. Why are you seeking corporate experience? What is the reason to target Media/Entertainment Consulting? What are you going to do there (position/ideas/goals)? Elaborate your short-term and long-term MBA goals to help the AdComs understand you really need Harvard MBA

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.46
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 13:23
Hi all, was hoping to get some feedback on my profile. Any input is appreciated!

GMAT: 750 (Q49, V42, 8 IR, 6 AWA)
GPA: 3.5/4 in Materials Science & Engineering at a Southern Ivy (Rice/Vanderbilt/Duke), awarded MSCI department's award for leadership as a senior.
Passed levels CFA levels 1 and 2

Extracurriculars during undergrad:
- Organizer of largest on-campus event, responsible for coordinating a week's worth of activities for a group of 300+ students. Worked with local businesses to sponsor the event, had 5-figure budget to work with, led team of 5 organizers
- Founder and president of club sports team
- Orientation advisor junior and senior years (highly competitive, ~10% of applicants are chosen to advise)
- Worked ~20 hours per week in nanotech research lab for 2.5 years on campus

Extracurriculars after graduation:
- Mentor for an inner-city youth baseball program
- Alumni admissions interviewer for alma mater
- Organizer of alumni affairs for the largest on-campus event mentioned above
- Play in amateur baseball league
- Occasionally foster for animal shelter (work hours permitting)

Work experience at time of application: (most recent first):

-1.5 years at boutique RIA in Texas ($6B AUM). Not much history of sending people to B-school, though almost all of senior mangement/C-Suite has MBA from top-10 schools. Started as an analyst on fixed income desk, after 9 months was promoted to associate and given PM-like responsibility for management of a $300M strategy (though no official PM or junior PM title). Expect to have responsibility for another strategy by the time I apply, bringing total AUM I am responsible for to ~$400M. Still have large analytical role with other fixed income strategies, use engineering background for coding & data analysis.

- 6 months as financial advisor with F100 insurance firm. Started here because I wanted to transition into investment management, left because role was more focused on sales than making investment decisions. Concerned this is a very weak part of my application.

- 1.5 years as management consultant in energy department for bronze-tier consulting firm with tech focus (think Quorum, Infosys, etc). Had projects on O&G supermajor & international government client, led offshore teams of 5-10 people on each project.

- Internship with NASA in R&D group as an undergrad. Worked with materials engineers to develop a prototype which was approved for further testing by management.

MBA goal: want to get MBA from top finance program to gain a formal finance education. Currently have very strong analytical skills stemming from engineering background but lack understanding of what makes a successful business tick, which I believe is of utmost importance for investment management. CFA curriculum has filled some of this gap, but is mainly focused on valuation. Also believe I need to improve soft skills to one day lead a team of analysts.

Post MBA goal: Junior PM or similar type role at major asset management firm, preferably one with fixed income focus (PIMCO/DoubleLine/TCW). Long-term goal is to become Chief Investment Officer of an AM firm.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.97

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2017, 22:00
I am a graduate student pursuing my Master's of Science in Accounting at the University of Texas at Arlington, which I started straight after completing my undergraduate degree as a double major in accounting and finance. I am planning to apply to the HBS 2+2 program in April 2018.

I completed my undergraduate degree in 3 years (did not bring any credits in). Was part of the Honors College, and completed the requirements for an Honors degree. I have co-authored two academic publications during my undergraduate career: one in accounting and one in finance. I was awarded a federal grant by the Federal Highway Administration to pursue research in accounting. I am also writing another academic paper in my Master's. I had enough merit-based scholarships to be on a full-ride in my senior year. I also have enough merit-based scholarships to be on a full-ride throughout my graduate studies right now. I am international student from India.

I completed a year of internship with American Airlines in their Corporate Accounting Department. I spent one month with the PCAOB in Washington DC this summer as an intern, though had to leave the internship mid-way because of a health concern. I am also a table tennis player, and play for the UTA table tennis team (top four players in the university. Some stats below:

Overall GPA: 3.971/4.00
Major GPA: 4.00/4.00
GMAT Score: 740 (Q 49 , V 41, IR 6, AWA 6)

I want to pursue the CPA certification. I wanted to know of my chances for the 2+2 program, and if I should be aware of anything. Also, needed some advice regarding my quant score in the GMAT (I have heard a 50 or a 51 is coveted; I am sure I can secure either one in a second attempt). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: My Chances at Harvard - Post All Profile Evaluation Requests Here!   [#permalink] 20 Oct 2017, 22:00

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 60 posts ] 

My Chances at Harvard - Post All Profile Evaluation Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: ydmuley, OasisGC, aeropower, aerien

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap