GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2019, 03:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

CHANCES AT DEFERRED MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
CHANCES AT DEFERRED MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 00:35
Hello,
It would be amazingly helpful if you could give me an opinion on where I should I apply and where instead I stand no chances.
I would like to apply to these deferred mba: yale, chicago, mit, columbia, stanford and darden.
I’m pursuing my last year of an undergraduate management and economics (major in economics) course in Italy (Cattolica del Sacro Cuore). My GPA is 3.9 converted to the American scale, I got a 690 in the gmat (Q49 and V35, 5.5 AWA, and 6 IR). I have 2 work experiences: one that lasted 1 month in an accountant study and one that lasted 2 months in a start up in Toronto this summer. While i worked in toronto I performed mainly researches. And we achieved to present our thoughts to our supervisors, who were happy with what we had done. I'm pretty sure that they have followed our advices, so here is a probable impact that I've made there.

Unfortunately I don't have much of an involvement at school organisations, however I can talk about my background in sport. I've always played football also at professional level, travelling around all Italy. I was and still I am a good player. I was also accepted at both the football team and the volleyball team when I went to Australia during my 4th year of high school as exchange student.
My goals.. well I'd love to work in a private equity firm and deal with big projects, handle important researches and talk with people over possible deals.

With this information, are you able to suggest me if I should or should not apply?
If the information provided is not enough, please tell me what I should send you.

Thank you very much,

Aldo Brambilla
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
S
Re: CHANCES AT DEFERRED MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2019, 08:12
Hi aldobrambilla,

Thank you for your post. I appreciate your interest in taking early initiative toward these programs, and I offer my congratulations on your excellent academic performance (and success as a footballer as well)! These are all very difficult schools, and deferred programs tend to be even more difficult to get into than the normal admissions pathway. With that in mind, I think that a 690 GMAT score (30-40 points below the full-class average for these programs) and lack of super-compelling involvement will make these difficult (unpack the experience as a footballer, but it might not be enough). Among these schools, Stanford is the most difficult and Darden probably holds the highest odds, but they are all tough. If you are truly drawn to them, then you might consider boosting your GMAT score as a first step, and if you feel empowered to go for it, then by all means do. If you come up short, you can always build your professional experience, community and leadership, and GMAT score in the coming years in order to make yourself competitive as a "regular applicant." I wish you the best of luck!!

Kind Regards,
Greg

To better understand how I work with clients and what they've historically felt were the major benefits of partnering, I encourage you to read through my Client Testimonials, all of which are independently verified by GMAT Club. I believe you'll find the reviews to be among the most transparent and detailed out there, and I believe you'll observe a unique level of time, depth, quality, commitment, attention to detail, and personal care. For serious inquiries, I am happy to connect you with former clients so you can hear about their experiences.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: CHANCES AT DEFERRED MBA   [#permalink] 12 Oct 2019, 08:12

CHANCES AT DEFERRED MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: AvantiPrep