It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 16:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Change my path career

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Change my path career [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 09:19
Good Afternoon mates. I need some help. I am a Law student from Spain, and I am thinking of changing my future career into Finance or Business. Let me explain it:
I am in my third year of Law Degree. 3 of 4 years almost completed.
My question is: Could I work or being hired in Finance or Business Sector if I study Master of Science in Finance, without any prior undergraduate studies in Business/Economics or Finance Bachelor, just having studied my Bachelor in Law?
Or is more prudent to work as a Lawyer some years, in order to adquire some experience and, if i still have the idea to change my career into Business, study an MBA?
As I said, My undergraduate bachelor is Law, so my main question is: Could i be hired into finance if I study Msc in Finance, without any prior Business undergraduate studies and be hired?

Thanks!
Álvaro.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 36

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: LBS '17 (M)
Re: Change my path career [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2015, 02:37
Yes.

Often corporate or Big Four consultancies will recruit those that have studied law for a range of roles including Management and Finance. Its a useful degree to get given the ability to gather the most relevant information and consicesly make an argument for one side when theres no definitive answer.

A postgraduate (pre-experience) masters in management or finance may help you feel at ease in the transition and help convince employers of your motivation to move into that sphere.

But definitely, you can make the move even with just the law degree.

If you dont want to do law then I would advise not doing it just to get experience for doing an MBA - those years will drag, and it will make it more difficult to career transfer than if you have interesting pre-mba experience.

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 36

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Schools: HBS
GPA: 3.75
Reviews Badge
Re: Change my path career [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2015, 21:44
If you want to make the switch, go ahead and make it sooner than later. Working in law won't improve your chances down the line and will be a sacrifice of those years once you switch

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Change my path career   [#permalink] 21 Jul 2015, 21:44

Change my path career

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap