GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Mar 2020, 11:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Chicago Booth Executive MBA or Relocation to Canada as a Student

new topic post reply Update application status  

• 66% [4]
  • 33% [2]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Chicago Booth Executive MBA or Relocation to Canada as a Student  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2014, 00:49
Guys,

My question is a little weird one. I need your valuable advice on it because you guys know the value of education and immigration better than others.

I work in the Middle East as Finance Manager, and a true admirer of elite business schools MBA programs. I seek to take admission in Chicago Booth Executive MBA program while working in the Middle East and traveling to take classes on its campus. It is doable and would be full of learning, experience and fun. I simply love Chicago Booth and its team.

On the other hand, there is a thought that I may go to Canada as a full time student in one of the Second Tier Business School and spend almost the same money for two years MBA/EMBA program (Program Fee + Living Cost + Opportunity Cost of No job). In short, a student of Chicago Booth EMBA with job and a Full time MBA/EMBA student in Canada would cost the same, but ranking wise there is no comparison with Chicago Booth.

Benefit of Canadian education would be an immigration option after it. The Chicago Booth EMBA program doesn't guarantee this, but surely it would lead me to a better career and huge learning experience in the Finance field. I intend to relocate to the west, even if I go with the option of EMBA from Chicago Booth. No long term plans to live in the Middle East. I might be able to secure a job in Canada after an EMBA from Chicago booth, but I don't know the market of Canada a lot.

Kindly advice based on your learning and experience that what is the best track to choose. Your valued input would help me a lot. Thank you.

Please, have your say!

Cheers!
Saleem
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.25
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Chicago Booth Executive MBA or Relocation to Canada as a Student  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2014, 23:56
saleemkh wrote:
Guys,

My question is a little weird one. I need your valuable advice on it because you guys know the value of education and immigration better than others.

I work in the Middle East as Finance Manager, and a true admirer of elite business schools MBA programs. I seek to take admission in Chicago Booth Executive MBA program while working in the Middle East and traveling to take classes on its campus. It is doable and would be full of learning, experience and fun. I simply love Chicago Booth and its team.

On the other hand, there is a thought that I may go to Canada as a full time student in one of the Second Tier Business School and spend almost the same money for two years MBA/EMBA program (Program Fee + Living Cost + Opportunity Cost of No job). In short, a student of Chicago Booth EMBA with job and a Full time MBA/EMBA student in Canada would cost the same, but ranking wise there is no comparison with Chicago Booth.

Benefit of Canadian education would be an immigration option after it. The Chicago Booth EMBA program doesn't guarantee this, but surely it would lead me to a better career and huge learning experience in the Finance field. I intend to relocate to the west, even if I go with the option of EMBA from Chicago Booth. No long term plans to live in the Middle East. I might be able to secure a job in Canada after an EMBA from Chicago booth, but I don't know the market of Canada a lot.

Kindly advice based on your learning and experience that what is the best track to choose. Your valued input would help me a lot. Thank you.

Please, have your say!

Cheers!
Saleem

I would say do the Booth EMBA and immigrate to Canada using the points system.

Booth has a strong brand name and network in North America. The Canadian market is very strong for US MBA graduates. I believe that Canadian financial institutions would hire a tier 2 US MBA gradute rather than a top Canadian MBA graduate

If you immigrate, you should target Toronto and only Toronto

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Re: Chicago Booth Executive MBA or Relocation to Canada as a Student  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2014, 22:58
Thank you very much, Sab7a!

Yes, the track you suggested is the best one, to get qualified from a top school and then move to Canada on a point system. Yes, Chicago Booth has a solid name in the Finance and would definitely help me to get into Financial Institutions of Canadian Market. Yes, Tononto is my main focus.

Thanks again for your valued advice, exactly a day before I am traveling for final interview at the Chicago Booth campus. Awesome!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.25
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2014, 15:11
saleemkh wrote:
Thank you very much, Sab7a!

Yes, the track you suggested is the best one, to get qualified from a top school and then move to Canada on a point system. Yes, Chicago Booth has a solid name in the Finance and would definitely help me to get into Financial Institutions of Canadian Market. Yes, Tononto is my main focus.

Thanks again for your valued advice, exactly a day before I am traveling for final interview at the Chicago Booth campus. Awesome!

Best of luck saleemkh. Inshallah all goes well
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Chicago Booth Executive MBA or Relocation to Canada as a Student   [#permalink] 30 Nov 2014, 15:11

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste