GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 13 Jul 2020, 07:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Clarification regarding references

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
Clarification regarding references  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2020, 23:42
Hi

I am in the final stages of submitting my application for the Indian MBA.

The problem I’m facing is that unfortunately both my referees are abroad and due to be back on 4-6th Feb. with application deadline on 1st can I submit the application and they can give their reference later? Is there a timeframe within which they have to reply?

Help from an expert would help

Thanks

Sambhav
Intern
Intern
Schools: Schulich "22 (A)
GPA: 3.29
Re: Clarification regarding references  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 00:05
Hi Sambhav,

The references can certainly be submitted after the application deadline. Not just Schulich, most colleges understand and accept this. I can't comment on how late they can submit, might be best to check with the admissions team on that.

I submitted my application for R1 and while my first reference was in by the deadline, the second one was submitted around 3-5 days later. Had no issues.

It is certainly recommended to get them in ASAP as you do risk being reviewed last in their monumental stack of applicants. From the forum, I know several applicants received interview invitation during 1st week of December, while I received it in first week of Jan. Could be other reasons for that, but could also be an application not ready for review.

Both my referees are management consultants, so I know how busy they are and you might need to chase them a bit. So it's always a good idea to email them about your experience working with them, the projects you worked on, your achievements, strengths and weaknesses. These points can help them when writing as well, and ensure your achievements don't get missed out. Think about it if you are writing for someone, would you remember every single detail about them when you are crunched for time?

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
Re: Clarification regarding references  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 01:51
PhantomXS wrote:
Hi Sambhav,

The references can certainly be submitted after the application deadline. Not just Schulich, most colleges understand and accept this. I can't comment on how late they can submit, might be best to check with the admissions team on that.

I submitted my application for R1 and while my first reference was in by the deadline, the second one was submitted around 3-5 days later. Had no issues.

It is certainly recommended to get them in ASAP as you do risk being reviewed last in their monumental stack of applicants. From the forum, I know several applicants received interview invitation during 1st week of December, while I received it in first week of Jan. Could be other reasons for that, but could also be an application not ready for review.

Both my referees are management consultants, so I know how busy they are and you might need to chase them a bit. So it's always a good idea to email them about your experience working with them, the projects you worked on, your achievements, strengths and weaknesses. These points can help them when writing as well, and ensure your achievements don't get missed out. Think about it if you are writing for someone, would you remember every single detail about them when you are crunched for time?

Good luck!

Hi
Thank you for your response.

Have reached out to the Schulich admission team , waiting to hear from them.

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Clarification regarding references   [#permalink] 26 Jan 2020, 01:51

Clarification regarding references

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: pushpitkc