GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 15:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 07:26
Does anyone know where I should include my additional coursework transcripts and/or information on the CBS application? They specifically not to include it on the education section, but there doesn't seem to be any other space. All of my other applications have a space to put this information. I can just put bullets in my optional essay section I guess. I took a few online math classes to offset a couple poor quant grades on my undergraduate transcript. Thanks for any info!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 07:51
dndgrd wrote:
Does anyone know where I should include my additional coursework transcripts and/or information on the CBS application? They specifically not to include it on the education section, but there doesn't seem to be any other space. All of my other applications have a space to put this information. I can just put bullets in my optional essay section I guess. I took a few online math classes to offset a couple poor quant grades on my undergraduate transcript. Thanks for any info!

I'd definitely include them - the optional section would be fine if you can't include it in the academic section.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 21:07
I have been a beneficiary of the resources here. So I thought I'd reciprocate.

Got the acceptance call yesterday. August 2019 ED

Application submission: 5 August
Interview invite: 4 September
Interview: 17 September
Interview feedback: 19 September
Acceptance call: 25 September

Extremely excited to be attending CBS next year!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 01:53
lemonaid wrote:

Congrats! Could you share your background a little?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 09:01
tadada50 wrote:
lemonaid wrote:

Congrats! Could you share your background a little?

Sure,

Southeast Asian Chinese working in Southeast Asia.
Currently Investment Banking, Post-MBA: Real estate
GMAT: 760, GPA: 3.5 from top Southeast Asia Undergrad School
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.31
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 10:52
These forums have seriously helped me as well. I first started thinking about an MBA back in 2013, it feels surreal to finally say I've been accepted to CBS!

I applied August 2019 ED and here's my timeline:

Submitted: 8/20
Interview Invite: 9/10
Interview: 9/17
Acceptance Call: 9/24
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 18:57
lemonaid
Thank you for sharing. Congrats again for the admit!

MikeFunktastic
Congrats! I think I can relate. It was pretty surreal for me to just put together a complete application and click submit. A couple of years ago I couldn't have imagined I'd be doing this; I was happy in my little comfort zone. BTW, could you share a little on your background?

I've also been benefiting from GC a lot, from prepping for GMAT to researching schools.
Now I am officially in the game, maybe I should share a little on my background.

Taiwanese-Ecuadorian (Taiwanese parents, born and grew up in Ecuador)
Undergrad - Computer Science in top Taiwanese school - Grades : 67/100 - was told not to convert grades to GPA, so I didn't bother. I know.. super-duper lousy (with multiple failing grades)
Grad - Biomedical Engineering - GPA: 3.7/4.3
WE - 80 months upon matriculation - Engineer, Project manager
Submitted my app on 9/19, got my LOR all in on 9/27
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.31
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 19:43
tadada50 wrote:
lemonaid
Thank you for sharing. Congrats again for the admit!

MikeFunktastic
Congrats! I think I can relate. It was pretty surreal for me to just put together a complete application and click submit. A couple of years ago I couldn't have imagined I'd be doing this; I was happy in my little comfort zone. BTW, could you share a little on your background?

I've also been benefiting from GC a lot, from prepping for GMAT to researching schools.
Now I am officially in the game, maybe I should share a little on my background.

Taiwanese-Ecuadorian (Taiwanese parents, born and grew up in Ecuador)
Undergrad - Computer Science in top Taiwanese school - Grades : 67/100 - was told not to convert grades to GPA, so I didn't bother. I know.. super-duper lousy (with multiple failing grades)
Grad - Biomedical Engineering - GPA: 3.7/4.3
WE - 80 months upon matriculation - Engineer, Project manager
Submitted my app on 9/19, got my LOR all in on 9/27

Sure.

Stats-wise, 730 (Q49/V41), 3.3 undergrad GPA from Canadian uni, no masters degree. Chinese-Canadian living/working in US. I will be 32 upon matriculation, so definitely amongst the oldest 10% of the class lol.

My background is in accounting/consulting; plan to do finance post-MBA. I’ve worked in essentially three different career functions already, all with the intention of moving towards a specific area of finance that I am aiming for post-MBA.

Extracurriculars-wise: A lot of personal investing, CFA L3 candidate, programming coursework, started a small business, volunteer sports mentoring, and some other hobbies that I do in my spare time.

Hope that helps.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.65

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 21:02
Question for those that have received an interview invitation - could you provide a bit more detail on the content?

e.g. are you assigned an interviewer? deadline to complete? etc.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 22:44
Just submitted. Any thoughts on when they'll start sending out interview notifications for RD?

All I can see on the website is: Regular Decision applications are reviewed after Early Decision applications.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 00:09
MBA10012 wrote:
Just submitted. Any thoughts on when they'll start sending out interview notifications for RD?

All I can see on the website is: Regular Decision applications are reviewed after Early Decision applications.

They usually start RD in second half of November. CBS will send an email once they start reviewing RD applications.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 06:30
suitandtie wrote:
Question for those that have received an interview invitation - could you provide a bit more detail on the content?

I'm interviewing on Sunday (wish me luck!). You get an email with a notification update so you log in to the portal, and there's an option to accept the invite. You click on that, confirm your address and zip code, and they assign you an interviewer. They provide you their name and email, and it's incumbent upon you to contact them to set up an interview time and place. They recommend you contact them within 2 weeks of being assigned their name, and then they recommend you complete the interview within a month (they highlight that it's still rolling, so you're incentivized to complete it ASAP).

I haven't had my interview yet, but based on reading blogs and talking to friends who are there now, it seems pretty stock. The interview is blind, so the alumnus/ae you interview with doesn't even have your resume - you have to provide it. I sent mine along with the Google Calendar invite.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.65

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 07:40
arbybee wrote:
suitandtie wrote:

I'm interviewing on Sunday (wish me luck!). You get an email with a notification update so you log in to the portal, and there's an option to accept the invite. You click on that, confirm your address and zip code, and they assign you an interviewer. They provide you their name and email, and it's incumbent upon you to contact them to set up an interview time and place. They recommend you contact them within 2 weeks of being assigned their name, and then they recommend you complete the interview within a month (they highlight that it's still rolling, so you're incentivized to complete it ASAP).

I haven't had my interview yet, but based on reading blogs and talking to friends who are there now, it seems pretty stock. The interview is blind, so the alumnus/ae you interview with doesn't even have your resume - you have to provide it. I sent mine along with the Google Calendar invite.

Super helpful - thank you. Appreciate the tip on the resume. Good luck on Sunday!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 07:45
MBA10012 wrote:

It's great that you've already hit submit - CBS really stresses that everything is rolling, so being near the front of the RD queue is helpful
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2018, 08:43
arbybee wrote:
suitandtie wrote:

So how did your interview go? Hopefully you nailed it!

It's kind of quiet here. Is it because everyone's busy polishing up apps for ED?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '21 (M)
GRE 1: Q166 V164

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2018, 08:47
I'm surprised that folks are submitting right up against the deadline for ED.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2018, 11:21
Why is that surprising? Out of curiosity..

Tucked wrote:
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 02 Oct 2018, 12:33
queenpoet wrote:
Why is that surprising? Out of curiosity..

Tucked wrote:

Their rolling admissions policy makes it really clear that there's an advantage to applying as early as possible + applications were up a few months back. Even RD gets a slight benefit from applying before the deadline as their apps get read first.

Originally posted by Tucked on 02 Oct 2018, 11:37.
Last edited by Tucked on 02 Oct 2018, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2018, 12:03
Ya, now I am wondering whether CBS will starts reviewing the application the moment it's submitted or the moment it's completed (when recommenders send the letters in.)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2018, 13:24
tadada50 wrote:
Ya, now I am wondering whether CBS will starts reviewing the application the moment it's submitted or the moment it's completed (when recommenders send the letters in.)

I remember an adcomm mentioning in an information session that they review when all material is available. I think this is the case with basically every b-school.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 &nbs [#permalink] 02 Oct 2018, 13:24

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 113 posts ] 

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap