Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 926 [1]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 200 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
So, considering all of the above ... is it practical to go through the LSAT questions ... they may put a dent in your confidence ... may be redundant as they are of a much higher level ... or is it that they will help by making us think more?
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
pitts20042006 wrote:
So, considering all of the above ... is it practical to go through the LSAT questions ... they may put a dent in your confidence ... may be redundant as they are of a much higher level ... or is it that they will help by making us think more?

Personally, I feel that most of the questions are quite redundant... I prefer to stick to conventional GMAT. Altough, I might do 1 or 2 LSAT questions to test my understanding of the various strategies listed in Kaplan et. al. but not bother much abt the scores.

Originally posted by sm176811 on 25 Nov 2003, 14:35.
Last edited by sm176811 on 25 Nov 2003, 15:36, edited 2 times in total.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 728 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would suggest that everyone atleast solve the free test from LSAT site and the daily LSAT question on https://www.lsac.org

LSAT questions require reasoning and we cannot get it right without reasoning. You have to say that this is so and that is so and so this is the answer. In GMAT since we are used to questions of the same type we generally know the answers. Any bouncers on the test day can be painful. But if you can solve the LSAT questions then you will see the improvement in your GMAT reasoning. Also do not time solve the LSAT. Just take your time even if it demands 1 hour for the question to be read and reasoned.

My CR has improved a lot just by solving 26 CR free LSAT questions. The same is true for RC. After all Law is unlike mba where its only the LSAT that matters.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Bhai wrote:
I would suggest that everyone atleast solve the free test from LSAT site and the daily LSAT question on https://www.lsac.org

LSAT questions require reasoning and we cannot get it right without reasoning. You have to say that this is so and that is so and so this is the answer. In GMAT since we are used to questions of the same type we generally know the answers. Any bouncers on the test day can be painful. But if you can solve the LSAT questions then you will see the improvement in your GMAT reasoning. Also do not time solve the LSAT. Just take your time even if it demands 1 hour for the question to be read and reasoned.

My CR has improved a lot just by solving 26 CR free LSAT questions. The same is true for RC. After all Law is unlike mba where its only the LSAT that matters.

I agree with Bhai. questions are too lengthy and cumbersome to be time solved.
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Haas, MFE; Anderson, MBA; USC, MSEE
Send PM
Re: Comments on LSAT CR Questions [#permalink]
sm176811 wrote:
LSAT CR Questions

I just previewed the LSAT CR question today from the Kaplan LSAT book and wanted to leave a note for other fellow members. They seem 2 be of a much higher standards than the GMAT questions I have encountered. The main differences are

:arrow: The questions stimulus is typically much longer than that of GMAT
:arrow: The language used is usually more formal and includes non standard vocabulary!!
:arrow: The answer choices are much more similar to one another than GMAT. GMAT answer choices appear to be more distinct, and hence easier to identify the correct answer.

ME :saw LSAT

Yes. It is true that the LSAT question are more difficult than the GMAT cr questions. However, I believe in the heavy-bat training method. If I get confortable solving LSAT questions, the GMAT question seem very easy by comparison.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Comments on LSAT CR Questions [#permalink]