It is currently 18 Jan 2018, 19:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Companies often re-organize in order to adapt to changes in

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 83

Schools: LBS '18
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE: Design (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Companies often re-organize in order to adapt to changes in [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2014, 21:46
'If you choose a simple organization you can then spend your effort on teaching the people in the organization to be flexible and adapt to changes in the market place.' It never says the organization has to be kept simple. Once they're trained they'e flexible, and the organization no longer has to be simple. The premise just says that you can spend effort IF you choose a simple organization!

And a hearty request to all those who flooded the page one of this question, it'd be really helpful if you posted the reasoning as well.

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 83

Current Student

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 16

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Re: Companies often re-organize in order to adapt to changes in [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2014, 14:00
i think i will sound a bit foolish but anyway i will write what i felt

option A has "their" in the end which means its talking about a the employees' adaptability whereas C has an 'it' which obviously refers to the organization.

thank you

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 16

Non-Human User

Kudos [?]: 287 [0], given: 0

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2016, 04:21
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.

Kudos [?]: 287 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 68

Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 610 Q48 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2017, 19:56
kidchaos wrote:
Companies often re-organize in order to adapt to changes in the world around them but the market place changes much faster than organizations can re-organize. If you choose a simple organization you can then spend your effort on teaching the people in the organization to be flexible and adapt to changes in the market place.

Which of the following conclusions can be most properly inferred from the premises above.

1. Companies should invest in staff training to increase their adaptability.
2. Companies should invest in research to keep abreast of changes in the market place.
3. Companies should choose a simple organizational structure and keep it that way.
4. Companies should continuously re-organize to keep up with changes in the market place.
5. Companies should choose a matrix structure which can be re-organized more rapidly than other organizational structures.

OE:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer A
Investing in staff is implied by the second premise and so is very tempting to select but remember a conclusion has to tie all the premises together and this answer does does not relate to the first premise at all. This means it should be eliminated.

Answer B
Investing in research may be advantageous for the company but it does not follow from either of the premises and can be eliminated.

Answer C
Stick to on organizational structure. This fits with both premises the first says that companies cannot reorganize fast enough and the second which says effort that would have been spent re-organizing can be reinvested in more effective strategies. This looks like a good candidate.

Answer D
This contradicts the first premise and so should be eliminated as a possible conclusion.

Answer E
Again we have to assume that the premises are true and since the first premise says that companies cannot re-organize at a fast enough rate, this answer should be eliminated.

OA:

Can some experts share their views on "choose a simple organization" Vs "choose a simple organizational structure"? I don't think they mean the same.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 68

Re: Companies often re-organize in order to adapt to changes in   [#permalink] 15 Nov 2017, 19:56

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 24 posts ] 

Companies often re-organize in order to adapt to changes in

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap