It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 11:11

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1 | UCLA R1


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 03:33

!
This thread is the master profile evaluations thread for NTU Nanyang applications only. We do not want random profile evaluation threads everywhere on the forum. This will help people get some consolidated (and free :P ) advice from consultants and help others learn as well.

Post your profile here if you want!

Suggested Template

Background and nationality
Undergrad Information
GMAT:
Work experience and leadership
Community and others
Post MBA goals
Anything else?


Hi Guys,

I'd appreciate it if someone could assess my profile and answer a few queries:-

Male
Age - 25
Nationality - Indian

I just took the GMAT for the first time on 7 - Oct - 2015 and scored 700 (Q-47 V-39)

My Acads are as follows:-

B-Tech - Electronics and Communications - Manipal Institute of Technology:- CGPA - 7.84/10
CBSE XII Grade - 88%
CBSE X Grade - 92%

My work experience is as follows, it will be 3 years by the time i start my MBA assuming i start it mid-next year

I am a Quality Engineer at a division of Standard and Poors (a financial services firm). However, my role is fairly differentiated from regular Quality Assurance Roles.

I have gained significant domain knowledge of the working of global capital markets, specifically the buy side. My projects have involved design critique, testing, results interpretation and maintenance of Portfolio Management Solutions.

I have also mentored people here. Also, our work culture entails working with very diverse individuals and cultures across the world and need good communication skills with strong emphasis on articulating information deferentially based on the kind of stakeholders who are its intended consumers. These stakeholders include everything from product team individuals, business analysts, developers and financial engineers.

Prior to this I had two internships:-

- One at a public sector firm designing a network centric solution for a radar system
- One at an automation and control firm designing and testing a control system

I am also a candidate in the Chartered financial Analyst (CFA) program - level 1 in december - and believe that this certification will compliment my MBA - finance.

My Co-curricular's include

- Bassist and co-founder of several bands
- independently organized several concerts - including setting memorandums of understanding with co-organizers, acquiring sponsors, funds and headlining and associated performers
- Voluntary services organisation - Social Service

My goal is to acquire some quality education and exposure by pursuing an MBA Finance. My current role keeps gives me quality exposure to the buy side aspect of the capital markets but limited exposure overall. Also, my job title and function does not entail a very client facing role, i believe that the MBA will help me accomplish both of these and much more.

On the basis of all these postulates, could someone please evaluate my profile and advise areas of improvement needed? Including if the GMAT Score is enough (do i need to retake) and what other areas could this profile be improved upon?

Also, i wanted to ask, how much of a difference is there in applying in round 1 and round 2? Are the chances of getting in different for these two?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Narenn on 18 Jul 2017, 02:37, edited 1 time in total.
stickied

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: MBA Mentor
Joined: 28 Oct 2014
Posts: 67

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

Location: Korea, Republic of
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: SDA Bocconi - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.21
WE: Analyst (Telecommunications)
Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 23:16
Hi Tushar,

First of all any reason of only targeting Nanyang Business school ?

Your profile seems decent for the school and with some small modifications and improvements you stand a decent chance.
GMAT yes, it plays a bigger role in schools in singapore (both NUS and NTU) as traditionally they know Indians have really high GMAT and one of my
friend few years back was actually asked this questions "why is your GMAT low, Indians usually have very high GMAT" (PS : he had 670 if I remember correctly)

You would be at the lower end of the spectrum in terms of WE and also GPA, hence you really need to dig out some other stuff in your profile. The band stuff and concerts is good and different. Social service, I am not sure to what extent and level you have done that.
Apart from that you would need to have some significant achievements at your work or other facets of life.
Do you have any significant achievements in other activities like music and stuff ?

Not clear about the impact of your internships, but please judge them based on result and implications.

CFA can be good add-on but currently you are just a candidate for it, so not sure if that would create any impact.

Applying in early rounds is always an advantage in any school ! so Round 1 would be better.

Again, Nanyang is traditionally a technology university and I think for Finance, its better to choose NUS if you are looking for Singapore as an option.
However, both the schools are really competitive as they get a huge number of applications from India.


Please let me know if you have more questions !

Cheers !
Dhiraj

tushar1190 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'd appreciate it if someone could assess my profile and answer a few queries:-

Male
Age - 25
Nationality - Indian

I just took the GMAT for the first time on 7 - Oct - 2015 and scored 700 (Q-47 V-39)

My Acads are as follows:-

B-Tech - Electronics and Communications - Manipal Institute of Technology:- CGPA - 7.84/10
CBSE XII Grade - 88%
CBSE X Grade - 92%

My work experience is as follows, it will be 3 years by the time i start my MBA assuming i start it mid-next year

I am a Quality Engineer at a division of Standard and Poors (a financial services firm). However, my role is fairly differentiated from regular Quality Assurance Roles.

I have gained significant domain knowledge of the working of global capital markets, specifically the buy side. My projects have involved design critique, testing, results interpretation and maintenance of Portfolio Management Solutions.

I have also mentored people here. Also, our work culture entails working with very diverse individuals and cultures across the world and need good communication skills with strong emphasis on articulating information deferentially based on the kind of stakeholders who are its intended consumers. These stakeholders include everything from product team individuals, business analysts, developers and financial engineers.

Prior to this I had two internships:-

- One at a public sector firm designing a network centric solution for a radar system
- One at an automation and control firm designing and testing a control system

I am also a candidate in the Chartered financial Analyst (CFA) program - level 1 in december - and believe that this certification will compliment my MBA - finance.

My Co-curricular's include

- Bassist and co-founder of several bands
- independently organized several concerts - including setting memorandums of understanding with co-organizers, acquiring sponsors, funds and headlining and associated performers
- Voluntary services organisation - Social Service

My goal is to acquire some quality education and exposure by pursuing an MBA Finance. My current role keeps gives me quality exposure to the buy side aspect of the capital markets but limited exposure overall. Also, my job title and function does not entail a very client facing role, i believe that the MBA will help me accomplish both of these and much more.

On the basis of all these postulates, could someone please evaluate my profile and advise areas of improvement needed? Including if the GMAT Score is enough (do i need to retake) and what other areas could this profile be improved upon?

Also, i wanted to ask, how much of a difference is there in applying in round 1 and round 2? Are the chances of getting in different for these two?

Thanks in advance!

_________________

Dhiraj Jha
http://www.globalmba-gyan.com
MBA 2011 - SDA Bocconi School of Management (Milan, Italy)
Global Account Management, Samsung Electronics Headquarters (Korea)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 05:29
Hi Dhiraj,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply and give some insightful answers.

I am gunning for both Nanyang and NUS, as a matter of fact. Would you happen to know what the median GMAT is for the Indian pool of the applicants in these schools? For some reason, i think 700 is fairly borderline perhaps?

As for other achievements, yes I do have some from both the workplace and from my experiences as a musician and an organizer. Like some major concerts that i organised without any institutional support which would be a demonstration of leadership and also logistical and organisational acumen. The other achievements would be that my bands performed favorably in some contests as well.



dheeraj7890 wrote:
Hi Tushar,

First of all any reason of only targeting Nanyang Business school ?

Your profile seems decent for the school and with some small modifications and improvements you stand a decent chance.
GMAT yes, it plays a bigger role in schools in singapore (both NUS and NTU) as traditionally they know Indians have really high GMAT and one of my
friend few years back was actually asked this questions "why is your GMAT low, Indians usually have very high GMAT" (PS : he had 670 if I remember correctly)

You would be at the lower end of the spectrum in terms of WE and also GPA, hence you really need to dig out some other stuff in your profile. The band stuff and concerts is good and different. Social service, I am not sure to what extent and level you have done that.
Apart from that you would need to have some significant achievements at your work or other facets of life.
Do you have any significant achievements in other activities like music and stuff ?

Not clear about the impact of your internships, but please judge them based on result and implications.

CFA can be good add-on but currently you are just a candidate for it, so not sure if that would create any impact.

Applying in early rounds is always an advantage in any school ! so Round 1 would be better.

Again, Nanyang is traditionally a technology university and I think for Finance, its better to choose NUS if you are looking for Singapore as an option.
However, both the schools are really competitive as they get a huge number of applications from India.


Please let me know if you have more questions !

Cheers !
Dhiraj

tushar1190 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'd appreciate it if someone could assess my profile and answer a few queries:-

Male
Age - 25
Nationality - Indian

I just took the GMAT for the first time on 7 - Oct - 2015 and scored 700 (Q-47 V-39)

My Acads are as follows:-

B-Tech - Electronics and Communications - Manipal Institute of Technology:- CGPA - 7.84/10
CBSE XII Grade - 88%
CBSE X Grade - 92%

My work experience is as follows, it will be 3 years by the time i start my MBA assuming i start it mid-next year

I am a Quality Engineer at a division of Standard and Poors (a financial services firm). However, my role is fairly differentiated from regular Quality Assurance Roles.

I have gained significant domain knowledge of the working of global capital markets, specifically the buy side. My projects have involved design critique, testing, results interpretation and maintenance of Portfolio Management Solutions.

I have also mentored people here. Also, our work culture entails working with very diverse individuals and cultures across the world and need good communication skills with strong emphasis on articulating information deferentially based on the kind of stakeholders who are its intended consumers. These stakeholders include everything from product team individuals, business analysts, developers and financial engineers.

Prior to this I had two internships:-

- One at a public sector firm designing a network centric solution for a radar system
- One at an automation and control firm designing and testing a control system

I am also a candidate in the Chartered financial Analyst (CFA) program - level 1 in december - and believe that this certification will compliment my MBA - finance.

My Co-curricular's include

- Bassist and co-founder of several bands
- independently organized several concerts - including setting memorandums of understanding with co-organizers, acquiring sponsors, funds and headlining and associated performers
- Voluntary services organisation - Social Service

My goal is to acquire some quality education and exposure by pursuing an MBA Finance. My current role keeps gives me quality exposure to the buy side aspect of the capital markets but limited exposure overall. Also, my job title and function does not entail a very client facing role, i believe that the MBA will help me accomplish both of these and much more.

On the basis of all these postulates, could someone please evaluate my profile and advise areas of improvement needed? Including if the GMAT Score is enough (do i need to retake) and what other areas could this profile be improved upon?

Also, i wanted to ask, how much of a difference is there in applying in round 1 and round 2? Are the chances of getting in different for these two?

Thanks in advance!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: MBA Mentor
Joined: 28 Oct 2014
Posts: 67

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

Location: Korea, Republic of
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: SDA Bocconi - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.21
WE: Analyst (Telecommunications)
Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 17:03
Hi Tushar,

GMAT is not the biggest part of your application, but yes given the context for NUS and NTU you may be on the average score for and Indian to apply and you work experience is also not in the higher end of the spectrum.

However, not sure if it may sound comforting, I was shortlisted for Nanyang interview with a GMAT of 700 (same as you).
If you are confident of improving your score you may give it a shot.
Otherwise, work hard on your essays and try to distinguish yourself from the pool in terms of your profile, essays, achievements and post MBA aspirations. That might work as well.

Overall, its hard to tell, as the GMAT scores are constantly on the rise for Indian students and NTU and NUS(specially) receiving a plethora of applications from India makes it worse.

I also mentor MBA aspirants as a passion to equip them to make a more informed decision. You may see the website link in my signature here.
Have a look if you get free time.

Happy to answer more questions here as well !

All the best for your MBA endeavor ! :)

Cheers !
Dhiraj

tushar1190 wrote:
Hi Dhiraj,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply and give some insightful answers.

I am gunning for both Nanyang and NUS, as a matter of fact. Would you happen to know what the median GMAT is for the Indian pool of the applicants in these schools? For some reason, i think 700 is fairly borderline perhaps?

As for other achievements, yes I do have some from both the workplace and from my experiences as a musician and an organizer. Like some major concerts that i organised without any institutional support which would be a demonstration of leadership and also logistical and organisational acumen. The other achievements would be that my bands performed favorably in some contests as well.



dheeraj7890 wrote:
Hi Tushar,

First of all any reason of only targeting Nanyang Business school ?

Your profile seems decent for the school and with some small modifications and improvements you stand a decent chance.
GMAT yes, it plays a bigger role in schools in singapore (both NUS and NTU) as traditionally they know Indians have really high GMAT and one of my
friend few years back was actually asked this questions "why is your GMAT low, Indians usually have very high GMAT" (PS : he had 670 if I remember correctly)

You would be at the lower end of the spectrum in terms of WE and also GPA, hence you really need to dig out some other stuff in your profile. The band stuff and concerts is good and different. Social service, I am not sure to what extent and level you have done that.
Apart from that you would need to have some significant achievements at your work or other facets of life.
Do you have any significant achievements in other activities like music and stuff ?

Not clear about the impact of your internships, but please judge them based on result and implications.

CFA can be good add-on but currently you are just a candidate for it, so not sure if that would create any impact.

Applying in early rounds is always an advantage in any school ! so Round 1 would be better.

Again, Nanyang is traditionally a technology university and I think for Finance, its better to choose NUS if you are looking for Singapore as an option.
However, both the schools are really competitive as they get a huge number of applications from India.


Please let me know if you have more questions !

Cheers !
Dhiraj

tushar1190 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'd appreciate it if someone could assess my profile and answer a few queries:-

Male
Age - 25
Nationality - Indian

I just took the GMAT for the first time on 7 - Oct - 2015 and scored 700 (Q-47 V-39)

My Acads are as follows:-

B-Tech - Electronics and Communications - Manipal Institute of Technology:- CGPA - 7.84/10
CBSE XII Grade - 88%
CBSE X Grade - 92%

My work experience is as follows, it will be 3 years by the time i start my MBA assuming i start it mid-next year

I am a Quality Engineer at a division of Standard and Poors (a financial services firm). However, my role is fairly differentiated from regular Quality Assurance Roles.

I have gained significant domain knowledge of the working of global capital markets, specifically the buy side. My projects have involved design critique, testing, results interpretation and maintenance of Portfolio Management Solutions.

I have also mentored people here. Also, our work culture entails working with very diverse individuals and cultures across the world and need good communication skills with strong emphasis on articulating information deferentially based on the kind of stakeholders who are its intended consumers. These stakeholders include everything from product team individuals, business analysts, developers and financial engineers.

Prior to this I had two internships:-

- One at a public sector firm designing a network centric solution for a radar system
- One at an automation and control firm designing and testing a control system

I am also a candidate in the Chartered financial Analyst (CFA) program - level 1 in december - and believe that this certification will compliment my MBA - finance.

My Co-curricular's include

- Bassist and co-founder of several bands
- independently organized several concerts - including setting memorandums of understanding with co-organizers, acquiring sponsors, funds and headlining and associated performers
- Voluntary services organisation - Social Service

My goal is to acquire some quality education and exposure by pursuing an MBA Finance. My current role keeps gives me quality exposure to the buy side aspect of the capital markets but limited exposure overall. Also, my job title and function does not entail a very client facing role, i believe that the MBA will help me accomplish both of these and much more.

On the basis of all these postulates, could someone please evaluate my profile and advise areas of improvement needed? Including if the GMAT Score is enough (do i need to retake) and what other areas could this profile be improved upon?

Also, i wanted to ask, how much of a difference is there in applying in round 1 and round 2? Are the chances of getting in different for these two?

Thanks in advance!

_________________

Dhiraj Jha
http://www.globalmba-gyan.com
MBA 2011 - SDA Bocconi School of Management (Milan, Italy)
Global Account Management, Samsung Electronics Headquarters (Korea)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Posts: 160

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 110

Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2015, 11:20
Does the brand name of the company have any impact on the adcom ?
WE:3 yrs
Domain:Business Intelligence and Reporting.
Firm:J.P.Morgan Chase & Co.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 110

Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: MBA Mentor
Joined: 28 Oct 2014
Posts: 67

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

Location: Korea, Republic of
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: SDA Bocconi - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.21
WE: Analyst (Telecommunications)
Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 17:51
Hello there !

Definitely the brand name of the company has some impact and it gives and impression to the adcom.
However, it also depends what kind of role you have had in that company and if that is aligned with your future aspirations and stuff.

Overall, a good brand name of the company which is globally known, like you have is always a plus.

Let me know if you have more questions !

Cheers !
Dhiraj


krutik123 wrote:
Does the brand name of the company have any impact on the adcom ?
WE:3 yrs
Domain:Business Intelligence and Reporting.
Firm:J.P.Morgan Chase & Co.

_________________

Dhiraj Jha
http://www.globalmba-gyan.com
MBA 2011 - SDA Bocconi School of Management (Milan, Italy)
Global Account Management, Samsung Electronics Headquarters (Korea)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Posts: 160

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 110

Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 22:30
Thanks dheeraj !
I was a little worried as my work experience is less than the average.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 110

Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: MBA Mentor
Joined: 28 Oct 2014
Posts: 67

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

Location: Korea, Republic of
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: SDA Bocconi - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.21
WE: Analyst (Telecommunications)
Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 01:11
Don't worry !
I had 3 years experience as well when I applied and received a call for the interview (if that is comforting :) )
Though our profiles would be completely different, just saying !

Cheers !
Dheeraj

krutik123 wrote:
Thanks dheeraj !
I was a little worried as my work experience is less than the average.

_________________

Dhiraj Jha
http://www.globalmba-gyan.com
MBA 2011 - SDA Bocconi School of Management (Milan, Italy)
Global Account Management, Samsung Electronics Headquarters (Korea)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Posts: 160

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 110

Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 01:12
Yes ! that gives a lot of relief. :)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 110

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2014
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: NUS '17, NTU '17
GPA: 3.66
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2015, 01:18
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi

I am planning to apply to NTU in R2.
My profile so far:
WE - 2.5, Would be 3 by the time I join any institute. Currently working in Deloitte USI
GPA - 5.25/6 OR 3.7/4 (WES Conversion)
GMAT - 690
Other activities - Recognized travel blogger on India, published in many magazines and news papers. Also have been published in 2 books. And co own a review start up site.
Community Service - Lead a CSR thread at my work place.

Just wanted to know if the profile seems strong enough for NTU.
Want to pursue a career in consulting or digital marketing.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2014
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2016, 09:44
Hi,

I'm planning to apply to B schools in Asia,and NTU is one of them.These are my details:

X-87%
XII-89%

BA Honours Economics from Delhi Univ with 68%-high first division

MSc Economics from London School of Economics

I have been working in the field of economic research and analysis in India,for the past 6 years.For the last 3.5 years,I have been employed with a leading London-based economic analysis firm in India as an economist.I also have managerial responsibility for a team of 5 junior analysts,which includes recruitment,training and conducting formal performance reviews.

I'm interested in working in Asia,and looking at these schools_
INSEAD Asia
HKU
NTU

My GMAT score is 640.My main aim is to work in Singapore/Hong Kong in Equity research/investment research.Is NTU a good option for a career in Finance?What about getting a job post-MBA?Is there an active careers service?


I shall be grateful for insights from current students/alumni.

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1354

Kudos [?]: 663 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2016, 22:43
Top Contributor
AtDelhi wrote:
Hi,

I'm planning to apply to B schools in Asia,and NTU is one of them.These are my details:

X-87%
XII-89%

BA Honours Economics from Delhi Univ with 68%-high first division

MSc Economics from London School of Economics

I have been working in the field of economic research and analysis in India,for the past 6 years.For the last 3.5 years,I have been employed with a leading London-based economic analysis firm in India as an economist.I also have managerial responsibility for a team of 5 junior analysts,which includes recruitment,training and conducting formal performance reviews.

I'm interested in working in Asia,and looking at these schools_
INSEAD Asia
HKU
NTU

My GMAT score is 640.My main aim is to work in Singapore/Hong Kong in Equity research/investment research.Is NTU a good option for a career in Finance?What about getting a job post-MBA?Is there an active careers service?


I shall be grateful for insights from current students/alumni.

Thanks!


Hi AtDelhi,

Quick opinion on your target schools:

While HKU and NTU are both possibilities, INSEAD may be a tough bet with a 640. Yet, the rest of your profile certainly seems competitive, so perhaps you would want to consider retaking GMAT and increasing your score by 60-70 points. That may also help with scholarships at HKU and NTU.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 663 [0], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2014
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2016, 03:52
Thanks for this!

I'm in no mood to re-take the GMAT.I'll focus on my essays and recommendations.

My ultimate aim is to get a job in Singapore/Hong Kong.

How easy or difficult is it to get a job there after doing an MBA from these places?These are 1-year courses,hence,I understand it won't be easy securing a placement?

I shall be grateful if someone could please throw some light on this.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Jul 2014
Posts: 90

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 01:36
Hello,


Nationality- Indian
Gender- Female
Xth- 69%
XIIth - 85%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from 'Park college of Engineering and Technology' affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
CGPA- 7.9/10
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 630 ( Q-46, V-31, AWA-3.5, IR-4)

Work Exp :
1. Worked for 4.2 years in Infosys. Progression from systems engineer to senior systems engineer.
- Handled several modules for US based client project, completed tasks as a sole person within tight deadlines and trained and mentored many new comers.
- Took many certifications within Infosys during the same timeline.
- Infosys Appreciation certificates and client appreciation certificate.

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of poor kids and other extra curricular activities at a local NGO.
2. Was a volunteer Animal Welfare NGO in the past for animal rescue.
3. Volunteer at Rotary club for education of kids and spreading awareness to them for maintenance of hygiene.

Extra Curricular:
1. Literary Captain of school for 2 years.
2. Certificate for presentation of research papers in National Level conference, Twice.

Do I have a chance at NTU ?

Many Thanks :-D

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Jul 2014
Posts: 90

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 01:39
Hello,


Nationality- Indian
Gender- Female
Xth- 69%
XIIth - 85%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from 'Park college of Engineering and Technology' affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
CGPA- 7.9/10
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 630 ( Q-46, V-31, AWA-3.5, IR-4)

Work Exp :
1. Worked for 4.2 years in Infosys. Progression from systems engineer to senior systems engineer.
- Handled several modules for US based client project, completed tasks as a sole person within tight deadlines and trained and mentored many new comers.
- Took many certifications within Infosys during the same timeline.
- Infosys Appreciation certificates and client appreciation certificate.

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of poor kids and other extra curricular activities at a local NGO.
2. Was a volunteer Animal Welfare NGO in the past for animal rescue.
3. Volunteer at Rotary club for education of kids and spreading awareness to them for maintenance of hygiene.

Extra Curricular:
1. Literary Captain of school for 2 years.
2. Certificate for presentation of research papers in National Level conference, Twice.

Do I have a chance at NTU ?

Many Thanks :-D

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Jul 2014
Posts: 90

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 01:39
Hello,


Nationality- Indian
Gender- Female
Xth- 69%
XIIth - 85%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from 'Park college of Engineering and Technology' affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
CGPA- 7.9/10
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 630 ( Q-46, V-31, AWA-3.5, IR-4)

Work Exp :
1. Worked for 4.2 years in Infosys. Progression from systems engineer to senior systems engineer.
- Handled several modules for US based client project, completed tasks as a sole person within tight deadlines and trained and mentored many new comers.
- Took many certifications within Infosys during the same timeline.
- Infosys Appreciation certificates and client appreciation certificate.

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of poor kids and other extra curricular activities at a local NGO.
2. Was a volunteer Animal Welfare NGO in the past for animal rescue.
3. Volunteer at Rotary club for education of kids and spreading awareness to them for maintenance of hygiene.

Extra Curricular:
1. Literary Captain of school for 2 years.
2. Certificate for presentation of research papers in National Level conference, Twice.

Do I have a chance at NTU ?

Many Thanks :-D

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
G
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1044

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 53

Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2017, 22:05
krutishah89 wrote:
Hello,


Nationality- Indian
Gender- Female
Xth- 69%
XIIth - 85%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from 'Park college of Engineering and Technology' affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
CGPA- 7.9/10
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 630 ( Q-46, V-31, AWA-3.5, IR-4)

Work Exp :
1. Worked for 4.2 years in Infosys. Progression from systems engineer to senior systems engineer.
- Handled several modules for US based client project, completed tasks as a sole person within tight deadlines and trained and mentored many new comers.
- Took many certifications within Infosys during the same timeline.
- Infosys Appreciation certificates and client appreciation certificate.

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of poor kids and other extra curricular activities at a local NGO.
2. Was a volunteer Animal Welfare NGO in the past for animal rescue.
3. Volunteer at Rotary club for education of kids and spreading awareness to them for maintenance of hygiene.

Extra Curricular:
1. Literary Captain of school for 2 years.
2. Certificate for presentation of research papers in National Level conference, Twice.

Do I have a chance at NTU ?

Many Thanks :-D


If you are applying in Round 2, I'd recommend you retake the GMAT. 630 is less if you have an over represented profile (regular route IT work experience, not a top university).
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 53

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2016
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 07:48
Hi,

please evaluate my profile as well.

Indian/Female

Xth - 93%
XIIth - 92%

Graduation: B.Com(H) from LSR, 75%
GMAT - 710, probably planning to retake aiming at 730-740

Work experience - 2.5 years with Nestle first and then GroupM
Got promoted in 10 months at GroupM
Nominated for Choreos this year - GroupM excellence awards
Blue blazer at school for 3 consecutive years of academic excellence

Peer trainer and video marketing expert at work
College - Member of Placement Cell, Marketing head for LSR’s annual cultural festival Tarang and also for LSR’s annual commerce festival Comquest
Volunteer at Village Cottage homes through NSS LSR


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
G
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1044

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 53

Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2017, 03:11
arwaldhar wrote:
Hi,

please evaluate my profile as well.

Indian/Female

Xth - 93%
XIIth - 92%

Graduation: B.Com(H) from LSR, 75%
GMAT - 710, probably planning to retake aiming at 730-740

Work experience - 2.5 years with Nestle first and then GroupM
Got promoted in 10 months at GroupM
Nominated for Choreos this year - GroupM excellence awards
Blue blazer at school for 3 consecutive years of academic excellence

Peer trainer and video marketing expert at work
College - Member of Placement Cell, Marketing head for LSR’s annual cultural festival Tarang and also for LSR’s annual commerce festival Comquest
Volunteer at Village Cottage homes through NSS LSR


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Hi,

pYour work experience is quite low as compared to the class average of 6 years. You will need to have strong reasons for why you want an MBA now and how you can contribute to the
class
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 53

Re: Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!   [#permalink] 25 Nov 2017, 03:11
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Profile Fit for NTU - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.