(4.3) 4 reviews
FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Dec 04 2018 [#permalink] Cox (SMU)
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 19 2018 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I had my interview with Brett Powell. She was a very nice person. The questions asked were pretty normal. Questions such as: Why MBA? Why SMU? How would you contribute to the program? Behavioral questions such as Working in a team experience? Leadership experience? Other programs that I applied to? so on so forth... Do not remember exactly much. Gave time to ask the questions I might have for her! Also, asked me to reach out if I get any admits earlier than SMU's decision."

targetbusiness from India GMAT 640; WE: 57 months; Transportation
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
On Campus Interviewed on: Oct 05 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"Very conversational and great, make sure you know your resume well and can quickly identify your short and long term goals. Why SMU? It wasn’t hard at all I did not practice at all. Interview was with J.R. McGrath"

hopefullyim2021 WE: 32 months;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 15 2017

"Hi! The questions will be similar to the following: Introduction about yourself - Where are you from, nature of your current job in brief, about your family, education etc Why MBA? Why SMU MBA specifically? - Go through their program details and brochure and talk about 2/3 things you liked the most about the program. How is MBA going to help your career? What will you bring to SMU? Talk about how your work experience or education is going to benefit the class What are your short-term and long term goals? What are your strengths and weakness (professionally)? What are the BSchools have you applied to and the status?"

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 08 2016 Final Decision: Admitted

"Hi, My interview lasted for around 34 minutes and my interviewer was Hannah Nousain Questions asked 1. Introduction 2. Why MBA 3. Short term goals 4. Why Cox 5. Past Job Experience 6. Other Schools I have applied to 7. How I lead my team 8. Questions? It was a conversational interview, stay calm and composed. All the best!!"

ferionfire from Indonesia

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 08 2016 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"I was interviewed yesterday by J.R.McGrath. He was pretty cool and interview felt more like a casual discussion. Pretty much same questions of - why MBA, - why Cox, - post MBA goals, - some behavioural questions etc."

vinita19 GMAT 690;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 06 2016 Final Decision: Admitted

"Got admitted! Interview Questions: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Tell me about a time when you failed. 3. Why Cox? 4. Why an MBA now? 5. How would your team describe you? 6. What are your short/long term goals? 7. What are some companies you want to work for post-graduation? 8. Tell me what your job is like day-to-day. 9. A follow up question on something specific about my day-to-day job. 10. Questions for the interviewer. GOOD LUCK GUYS!"

jayrdong from United States

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 24 2016 Final Decision: Admitted

"My Interview was taken by Hannah. IT was mostly behavioral questions. She initially told about herself then asked to tell about myself. Then she asked why MBA at this point of time, Why SMU and she asked to quote leadership skills I exhibited in my company and asked many follow up questions on that to make herself clear on each point I stated. She was going through my resume simultaneously. As a whole, it was a cool and interactive interview. Hope this helps you. If you already completed your interview, All the best."

LavanyaN from India GMAT 710;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 20 2015 Final Decision: Admitted

"Went through my interview today Usual questions - Walk through your resume - How would your team mates characterize you - Career goals - Which other schools you have applied to - Any experience where you failed and what you learnt - Any questions All the best"

vikram230790@gmail.com from India GMAT 710;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 20 2015 Final Decision: Admitted

"Had my interview yesterday with Jillian Melton It was pretty much a Conversational chat. Questions asked were Walk me through your resume Describe your routine job day schedule What other schools have you applied to How does your sub ordinates/colleagues describe you Tell me a situation when you have exceeded your expectations why did you choose your undergraduate major Any questions for us The interview lasted for about 30 mins."

vijay556 from United States GMAT 710;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 16 2015 Final Decision: Admitted

"Just got my interview done with JR McGrath. Very friendly chat. The usual question Walk-through? Why MBA? Why now? What are you looking for in a school? Difficult situation at work? hobbies? And in the end questions by me. Nothing formal. For guys yet to be interviewed, chill and give it your best shot."

SohamDutta from India GMAT 750;

yes
no