Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:21 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 16598 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [1]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Crackverbal vs e-GMAT [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi 197369,

I'm sorry to hear that Test Day did not turn out better. Many GMATers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores, so it's likely that you just have not put in enough time and effort to have scored higher yet. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) What type of study routine have you been following? How many hours did you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far? What "brands" of CATs/mocks have you used?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 179 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GMAT 1: 570 Q43 V26
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
197369 wrote:
Hello all
I recently took my online GMAT and didnt receive good score at all. After two months oractice I ended up scoring 580 (Q-45,V-16) . Please suggest me which course I should pick up for brushing up my concepts.

Posted from my mobile device

Hey,

I was in your situation a few months ago. I scored a 570 in my first GMAT attempt with 43 on quant and 26 in verbal. I didn't know what else to study but then I got in touch with a mentor and realized that there's lot more than just the concepts to learn for GMAT. I started focusing on the approach and the methodology and I started seeing the results. I eventually improved my score to 720. You can go through my debrief below to understand a few tips.

Debrief of My journey from 570 to 680 to 720:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/my-journey-f ... l#p2648110

I personally found GMATWhiz online course very helpful. I could learn the right methods and strategies and could work on weak areas in a structured manner. You can check that out. All the best :)
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22052 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Regarding prep courses, in addition to seeking advice in this thread, take a look at the GMAT Club reviews for the best quant and verbal courses, and also read through some GMAT success stories to see what materials have worked well for other test-takers.

Also, would you like some general advice on how to improve your verbal and quant skills?

You also may find it helpful to read this article about how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.

Good luck!
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Crackverbal vs e-GMAT [#permalink]
Expert Reply
197369 wrote:
Hello all
I recently took my online GMAT and didnt receive good score at all. After two months oractice I ended up scoring 580 (Q-45,V-16) . Please suggest me which course I should pick up for brushing up my concepts.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi 197369,

Sorry about how things went with your GMAT. You can definitely improve your score provided that you identify what went wrong in the previous attempt and work on your weak areas. The key to scoring well on GMAT is to do your prep in the right way. Let me help you here.

Looking at your score, it seems that you are struggling with the application of concepts. If you have focused more on practicing questions, then I am afraid that's not the right way to prepare for GMAT. The main focus while preparing for GMAT would be to learn the right methodology to solve questions because GMAT tests your application skills along with the conceptual knowledge. The better your application skills are, the better your performance will be.

Here's how Vamshi improved his score from 570 to 720 by changing his approach.

So, choose the course which can help you with the methodology and which can help you to work on your weak areas. The best thing to do would be to check out the free trials of the online courses out there and choose the one which suits you the most. You can check out the below article to know more about the factors to consider while evaluating an online course.

Key factors to consider while evaluating an online course

And I would suggest you to check out the free trial of GMATWhiz before taking a decision. It is an AI driven course which focuses on the application and strategy. And I would like to have a detailed discussion with you regarding the way you prepared for GMAT till now, your study strategy, your weak areas and the approach you use to solve questions so that I can understand your concerns and guide you in a better way. You can use the below link to get in touch with me.

Click here to schedule a call
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
Own Kudos [?]: 7627 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Send PM
Top Contributor
Hi!
Guess we can provide some deets here! :)
We are sure you have given the test and have plunged in on the road ahead by now.:)
However this is for anyone who has a similar doubts on the product and services we provide and how we can help you out!

Crackverbal Online course is curated and designed to help students learn at their own pace in the most optimized and effective way.
With the launch of our new product, all you have to do is login, declare your GMAT dead line and follow the study plan!
Invest your precious time in "thinking through" the problems and not "planning the entire process".
We provide three specific products each for a certain kind of student requirement.

1. On-Demand :
This particular product is for students who want to learn at their own pace through pre recorded content. However,there are a lot more addons to the On Demand Course and not just the pre-recorded videos.

(a)You are provided with a study plan(based on your deadline) and Course videos cover the concepts according to the study plan.

(b)You also have OG Tests(the complete OG broken down into section tests and that too with levels of difficulty). Not only that,we also
provide you the video solutions of these OG Test Questions.
Our brain functions quite differently under the stress of a timer and when it knows that the performance would provide a metric of
measuring progress and GMAT readiness. So keeping that in mind, we have added the OG questions as tests for YOU.

(c)If you have exhausted the OG, you would want additional practice and we have a set of 600+ questions for you to practice
additionally(with solutions). These tests are divided sectionally for both Verbal & Quant and with varying levels of difficulty.

(d)You also get to experience Prepathon-a 60 min session with questions that challenge you and assess your prep every week.Its a
point of live interaction with the faculty and all like minded students who are preparing it.

(e) You can also connect with the faculties one to one by booking a meet through calendly at a time thats convenient to you!We do
not believe in isolated practice. So even when you opt for an OnDemand course we would provide you with the additional sessions
for live interaction with the faculty and the rest of the people like you!

(f) Since we perform best in an undistracted atmosphere we would push you to attend the Deep work sessions
and have an immersive experience of working with us as you develop your cognitive abilities.

(g) AMA sessions where you can pitch in your study issues,prep issues and infact ask anything to the faculty is designed to keep your
prep doubt free and smooth.

2. Live@Home:
The Weekend sessions are direct points of contact where you learn the course,acquire GMAT essential concept and Application
understanding on the weekends with the faculty and other students. They are high Octane sessions of learning on real time with the
faculty and asking doubts then and there.The sessions are curated to transmit the GMAT centric knowledge in a simple and effective
manner to help you walk through the Optimized Learning Pathway(OLP). You get to access the session recordings after the session
for a 7 day period.
Alongside,you also get to experience all other facilities listed for the On Demand Course.

3. ScoreUp:
The third and the most premium product is the ScoreUp where you sign up for a one to one guided assistance with the mentor.
It is designed to handhold you at your pace. You would also receive the session recordings and the Practice Tests as a part of the
Product. The faculty would guide you one to one,close your concept gaps,close on the strategic application gaps and all along answer
your doubts as you experience them.

The CrackVerbal GMAT online course is created based on our experience of teaching more than thousands of classroom students and it's designed to help the busy working professionals crack the GMAT in their first attempt.
The CrackVerbal GMAT online course combines technology with high human interaction to maximize your results.
CrackVerbal GMAT online course is the only course that provides you with a Personal GMAT counselor to track your progress & guide you from the time you start your GMAT preparation till the time you take your GMAT test.

Coming down to results, please scroll down and our numbers would give you a fair idea of our performance.
Our priority at Crackverbal is great Customer Experience and students breaching the targeted 700+ score!
We would recommend you to sign up for our free GMAT online trial course and see if you like how the concepts are being explained in the course.
Attachments

image (3).png
image (3).png [ 28.35 KiB | Viewed 1121 times ]

image (4).png
image (4).png [ 47.5 KiB | Viewed 1102 times ]

GMAT Club Bot