SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Feb 09 2019 [#permalink] CUHK, Full time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 25 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"I had a Skype interview at 9.00 am in the morning IST. It was a very conversational interview and the panel was really friendly. They really made me feel comfortable. 2 interviewers: Both Females -- One Director of Student Recruitment (F1) and one Administrative Director (F2). Following are the questions: F1. Tell us about your career progression and your current role in your organization. F1. You must have looked at a lot of schools. What makes you want to come to Hong Kong and CUHK in particular? F2. One situational question on Team leadership and Conflict Resolution -- what would be my approach and reaction? F2. Why do you want to do MBA now? F2. Do you have any questions for us? The interview lasted only 22 mins. Tips: 1. Be confident, keep smiling. The interviewers will do their best to make you feel comfortable. 2. Be very thorough with your answer on Why CUHK? and Why HK? 3. Try to think of different situations and be comfortable thinking on your feet. 4. Do keep in mind a few companies that you admire and how do these companies fit in your goal. All the best."

Heisenberg12 from India GMAT 710; WE: 65 months; Consulting
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 24 2018 [#permalink] CUHK
On Campus Interviewed on: Jan 13 2018 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I was interviewed on the 13th, awaiting final decision now. The discussion usually goes on for at least an hour, but mine was the last of the day, and one of the panellists had to catch a flight, so my interview took place for only 40 mins. Still, a lot of questions were asked. Why MBA? Why CUHK? Why now? Some of the questions were specific to my professional career: Why so many job changes? Kind of roles that I have taken? Methodologies followed while working? etc. Some questions were regarding my personal life: Discussion on why I am currently a stay at home dad? How will I finance my MBA? How have I planned for the time when I would be away from my family? etc. Overall, be prepared for a discussion rather than an interview lasting an hour. Be thoroughly aware of what you have written in your application and your future aspirations. The panel gives you the opportunity to express yourself and drive the interview by way of your answers. Hope this helps."

rahulprasad11 from India GMAT 730;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 24 2018 [#permalink] CUHK
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 15 2013 Final Decision: Admitted

"Hi, from what I still remembered, the following are what they touched on my interview: 1. Self-Introduce (2-3 mins recommend) 2. They start asking about your education and work - Especially when I am not studying in a local school (hence why) 3. They touch on diversification 4. Teamwork and leadership 5. Achievement My interview duration is 1 hour as we spoke throughout the whole interview. Some touch that you might like to touch on: 1. The ability to contribute inside and outside of class; not just a student focusing on grades 2. Every year CUHK student-led organized Asia’s largest CSR forum. The Chinese University of Hong Kong was ranked No.1 in Asia and No. 5 in the world in CSR by the Financial Times. I will strongly suggest that try to bring and lead the interviewers so they ask questions that they will ask you questions that you hope they ask instead of letting them to lead you so you have no idea what they will be asking you. There are several websites that teach you how to do it. Is good to check out your interviewers as well via LinkedIn, school profile, google, etc... I did for my interview and we strike some interesting conversations too."

yes
no