GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video
GMAT Club
It is currently 24 May 2022, 01:59

FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Mar 12 2022 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Mar 01 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I was interviewed by an AdCom. It was so smooth and conversational. Considering that the interviewer doesn’t have your resume at the time of the interview, the first question was "tell me about yourself" instead of "walk me through your resume", and we went on from there with regular questions (why MBA, career goals, why Darden, how you will collaborate etc). It took around 40 minutes and had a Q&A time for me at the end. IMPORTANT: don’t forget to have your passport at the time of the interview - I interviewed with other schools, but Darden was the only who asked to see my ID at the start of the call."

This user wants to stay Private
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 27 2022 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Jan 27 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Interview went well.... ☺️☺️ Conversational Started with the usual question with my story- Gave her a nice overview about me my life Early childhood , education and work exp Outside work what i like to do... Narrated my story in such a way that tells her about my need for wanting an mba , how at this juncture mba is right decision, what are my st and lt goals...how the mba fits in And how the school can help and how the school is the best place to get an mba - Case based method, open door policy with lecturers , clubs and what i can contribute towards the community..... Lasted About - 14 min (my story) tried mto make it engaging and interesting. Then follow up questions on Leadership style and how i deal with my underlinks What are some of the toughest situation i faced Personal conflicts and hardest person to deal with What are some of the extra curricular things that i wish to be part of at darden Inclusion example Then she gave a chance to give extra info on my story- Gave her story overview and its summary and what kind of person i am and what i want the school to know About me.... Some questions for her - Ine advice she can give me to be successful as she has seen people go out of darden and are successful... And i asked her...2nd question- as how is she coping up with covid, how is she....her family- This was preety fun Got to know abt her...her struggle and had a few laughs and tried to remain engaging (asked her abt how school was able to held in person classes in 2020) Over all a conversation type interview Told her the school vibes of this great welcoming nature and is helpful in putting resources to help students to prepare like the darden podcast series...and how it helped prep and understanding the vibe and framework of interview... Total duration-48min Overall a great exp and had fun.... I wish everything works out well ...did my best to put forth my motivation and feel free guys to dm me Regards Shaunak Fingers crossed 🤞 Jai shree ram🙏"

shaunak075 from India GMAT 770; WE: 50 months; Energy and Utilities

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 20 2022 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Jan 20 2022 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"It was like a conversation. The interviewer asked questions to get to know me. It's a blind interview so you can steer it as necessary. Same questions as others: Why Darden? Tell me about yourself? What are your post-MBA goals? What do you think of Charlottesville? Tell me one question you'd have liked me to ask. That was all."

Omoh

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 29 2021 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Oct 29 2021

"Had an interview with an adcom member. Interview lasted 40 mins Tell me about yourself Why MBA? Why Darden? What your team members say about you? Tell me in few words Share a team work experience ? What impact will you create on Darden? Do you have any international experience? Have you taken any business courses after your engineering degree? What do you like to do for fun? Anything else that you want to share?"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 29 2021 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Oct 28 2021

"I was interviewed by a 2nd-year student. (1) Tell me about yourself: 10-15 mins monologue (2) There were counter-question in that monologue - For example what was the most difficult part in that particular experience? (3) Any example of a conflict with Boss and how it was managed? (4) Why now going for an MBA is a good time? (5) Why Darden? (6) What would you find most difficult for you in a learning team? (7) Anything that you wished I had asked? We went into detail in some of the answers. All in all, my interviewer was a great guy. He was easy to talk to. We spent about 38~40 mins."

BoundMan from Japan GMAT 710;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 28 2021 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Oct 27 2021 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"I had my interview yesterday afternoon with an Ad-com member. It was pretty conversational. I was asked the following questions: 1- Tell me about yourself - background, journey, anything that has been important to you. 2- Why MBA now? 3- What appeals to you about Darden in particular? 4- What will your team members say about you? 5- How would you define your leadership style? 6- What values will you bring to Darden? 7- Follow-up question based on the previous answers about values - related to Diversity and Inclusion? 8- I asked questions It was a 50-minute interview. It was more about striking a conversation."

snigdhajha from United States WE: 85 months; Energy and Utilities

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 26 2021 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Oct 26 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"* Application submitted on 10/6 * Invited to interview on 10/13 * Interviewed on 10/26 1- Talk to me about yourself 2- What were you doing before your last start-up? 3- What appeals to you about Darden in particular? 4- How would you define your leadership style? 5- How do you show up as a team member? 6- How do you encourage diversity, equity, and inclusion in the classroom? 7- What do you expect to be the most challenging part of Darden? 8- Anything I haven't asked you that you wanted to share with me? 9- I asked questions *Overall: My interviewer at Darden is a second-year student. She was lovely and had this positive energy about her. She allowed me to speak without interrupting me and was an active listener. In the end, she answered all of my questions without rushing me. Wishing you all the best of luck!"

daldilaimi from Kuwait GMAT 780; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 26 2021 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Oct 26 2021 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Just had my interview with an adcom member for R1. Wasn't very conversational, but was as expected given the other interview debriefs. 1. Tell me about yourself and your background (the monologue, went on for about 20 minutes with only one minor comment from the interviewer). 2. What 3 words would your colleagues use to describe you 3. How do you work with someone who isn't as motivated or as driven as you? (Probably a follow up from the answer to the previous question in which one of my words was 'driven') 4. What do you do for fun? 5. Any questions for me? All in all, 50 minutes, and very pleasant towards the end."

TWIC from South Africa GMAT 740;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 20 2021 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Oct 19 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"I was selected as a participant of the Diversity Conference and that's how I got my interview. I was interviewed by the Associate Director of Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Recruiting at Darden. He started by introducing himself and set the expectations of the interview. He mentioned that I was expected to set the tone of the interview. He was super candid and made sure that I felt at ease. He asked me to take him through the events leading to where I am today. The introduction and monologue went on for 20 minutes after which he asked a few questions. 1. ST,LT goals and why 2. Why MBA 3. Why Darden 4. Major challenges I think I'd face at business school 5. Leadership failure 6. My experience with DEI 7. Anything I'd like to add that has not been covered 8. Questions for the interviewer I really enjoyed the conversation and I feel that the interview went well. The overall interview lasted 45 minutes, I think."

This user wants to stay Private from Bangladesh GMAT 680; WE: 41 months; Consumer Products

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Sep 27 2021 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with current Student Interviewed on: Sep 27 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Less than 30 mins - Tell me something about yourself (few follow up questions) - Goals and why MBA - Why Darden - A situation where I worked amidst team conflict"

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 740; WE: 36 months;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Sep 21 2021 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Sep 21 2021

"Had my Darden interview on the 21st. A second year student interviewed me. Mostly conversational. Following questions were asked 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Most challenging experience 3. Time when you faced a work conflict 4. Tell me about some of the challenging experiences of working with people from different countries 5. What are your views on diversity? How did you incorporate diversity in your team? 6. Why MBA now? 7. Why Darden? 8. How will you contribute to the Darden community? 9. Anything that I'd like to highlight that wasn't brought up in the discussion? 10. Questions for the interviewer The interview was very conversational and lasted around 45-50 mins"

This user wants to stay Private from India WE: 66 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Sep 21 2021 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Sep 21 2021 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

""Had my Darden interview on the 21st. A second year student interviewed me. Mostly conversational. Following questions were asked 1. Walk me through your resume 2. What do you do in your personal time? 3. Why MBA? 4. Why Darden? 5. Have you decided on the geographies or the base you wanna set post MBA? 6. Questions for the interviewer The interview was very conversational and lasted around 25 mins""

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 800; WE: 72 months; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Sep 17 2021 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Sep 17 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

""I applied in the Early action round and scheduled my interview on 17th Sep'21. I had my interview with the current second-year student and was mostly in line with the debriefs mentioned in this forum. The interviewer initially introduced herself, explained the process, and made me comfortable. It was mostly a conversational interview. 1. Tell me about your background. 2. Questions on my interests. 3. Leadership at work. 4. Why MBA? Why Darden? 5. Immediate goals and long term plans. 6. Any questions for me. It was a Blind interview. Mostly conversational. Lasted about 40 mins""

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 770; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Sep 17 2021 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Sep 16 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I applied in the Early action round and scheduled my interview on 16th Sep'21. I had my interview with the current second-year student and was mostly in line with the debriefs mentioned in this forum. The interviewer initially introduced himself, explained the process, and made me comfortable. It was mostly a conversational interview. 1. Introduce yourself. (Brief questions here and there for more clarifications regarding the points I mentioned and my profile) 2. Why MBA? Why Darden? 3. Immediate goals and alternate plans. 4. Why Consulting? How did you know it was right for you? 5. Future plans in the long term. It was a Blind interview. Mostly conversational. Lasted about 45min."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 760;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Sep 27 2021 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Sep 01 2021 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"I had my interview with senior director of diversity, equity and inclusion. The experience was smooth. It was basically a monologue where I introduced myself and shared about my formative experiences, career trajectory, short term and long term goals, why MBA, Why Darden and my hobbies. He cross questioned me on some aspects of my undergrad, the industry I'm working in and my goals. Overall it was a pleasant experience. It helps to have your story prepared covering the elements I shared above and probably practice it a bit."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 710; Telecommunications

yes
no
Debrief posted on  May 03 2021 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Feb 03 2021 Final Decision: Matriculating

"Interviewed with AdCom on 3rd of Feb 2021. It was casual conversation via zoom. The experience was a bit different, I came prepared (did mock with 5-6 alumni and admitted students). The questions were: - Tell me about yourself? I spent 35 minutes explaining about myself. There was only 1 question because I did prepare using GMAT club interview debrief. During the interview I spoke about: 1. My background, my family, etc (1 min) 2. Undergrad experience (brief 2-3 min) 3. Work experiences (include leadership experiences) Before I was asked, I already told the answer of the typical questions "Why MBA, Why now, Why Darden" and give a brief explanation about my hobby and interest. Interview time: 40 min (including AdCom answering 2/3 of my questions) Tips: 1. Use STAR method in preparing for your interview 2. Do 3-4 mock with alumni and current students 3. Prepare for the list of questions that you might need to answer"

This user wants to stay Private from Indonesia WE: 123 months; Other

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 29 2021 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 27 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Much in line with the other debriefs. I was asked to share my story in chronological order starting with school, then undergrad, then resume. How an MBA fits into the picture and why Darden. A few follow-up behavioral questions in between and finally, what else I do outside my professional life. Since it is a monologue more or less, I'd recommend taking pauses in between for them to ask any questions. They don't want to know every detail obviously, so pick the highlights of your story that really add to your candidacy's narrative."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 29 2021 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 26 2021 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"I was interviewed by an adcom member. The interview layout is pretty simple and in line with the debriefs online. I was asked the following questions: 1) Tell me about yourself (went on for 10-15 mins) 2) Why MBA? Why at this point of time? 3) Why Darden? Questions that were new to me but are the pretty standard behavioral questions 4) What have you done to have inclusion and diversity in your team? 5) How have you ensured a flat hierarchy within your team? That's it. Overall the experience was pretty good. It was almost like having a conversation with a stranger."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 700; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 11 2020 [#permalink] Darden, EMBA
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 11 2020 Final Decision: Matriculating

"Hello, I interviewed for a spot in the EMBA class, but I'm sure the Full Time interview is similar. The interview was super conversational, started with asking where I was calling from and then moved into some small talk about the DC area (EMBA is in Rosslyn mostly). I was then asked to talk about my life story, starting from where I grew up all the way through undergrad (and grad school in my case), what I've been doing since graduating, and why an MBA/why Darden. The interviewer asked questions throughout the whole life story and it was really awesome - very much a conversation. It ended with what my hobbies are professionally and socially, which sparked more conversation, and then I asked some questions about the program that weren't in youtube videos or on the website."

This user wants to stay Private from United States GMAT 660; WE: 66 months; Other

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 27 2020 [#permalink] Darden, EMBA
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 19 2020 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Super conversational chat with adcom. 1) TMABY 2) Why MBA/Why Now/Why Darden - expanded on how I appreciated Darden's emphasis on diversity so we discussed this for a bit. 3) ST/LT Goals 4) More detail on Case Method (I mentioned that although I enjoyed case method classes in undergrad, I'll be a bit nervous the first few weeks of school until getting into a rhythm.) 5) Questions for Adcom (I had fewer questions because I already spoke to this individual) 6) Hobbies Overall, really good chat and opportunity to expand on my application."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Sep 05 2020 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Sep 01 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"Hi all, I interviewed for Darden Early Action with a 2nd year MBA student on 9-1-2020. Overall it was an amazing experience, I was a bit nervous going in but the second I started my walkthrough my nerves subsided. My experience was much like others I've read here, but I felt like I would share anyway. The interview process was as follows: 1) Light introduction from my interviewer, explaining his role within the admissions process. 2) Asked me to walk through my life story (not just resume)... This probably took me around 8 minutes. TIP: When walking through something this long, make sure you take some pauses, allowing your interviewer to ask questions. If he/she doesn't ask, it would be beneficial to ask them around the halfway point if they've followed you so far and if you should clarify anything. 3)Several follow up questions about specific points of my story, my interviewer seemed very interested which was nice. 4)At what point in your career did you decide on an MBA, why? 5)Leadership questions - How do I lead, most important traits in a leader, etc. 6)Who am I outside of the workplace/classroom? Hobbies etc. 7)Why Darden? I was then able to ask questions, which I had a couple. My interviewer was extremely engaged and seemed very interested in my career progression. The interview lasted about an hour, excited to see my response. TIP: Darden's interview is a blind interview. The interview doesn't even have your resume, so you really need to paint a clear picture. HOWEVER, this year (I'm not sure about other years), my interview did have access to my "Learning team" short answer question which actually spawned a really good conversation, so make sure your answer is unique and describes you! I think it went well, but we'll find out in October!"

kelzo123 from United States GMAT 770; WE: 51 months; Manufacturing

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 04 2020 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 04 2020 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"Had a 30 minutes blind interview with AdCom member. 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Tell me about your work reporting hierarchy 3. Tell me a time when you had to work with diverse people 4. Why MBA 5. ST & LT goals 6. How do you use your computer science undergrad skills in current work set up 7. What are the companies you aim to recruit for 8. Why Darden 9. Coming to a different country for MBA, what do you think are going to be the major challenges"

Karthik3108 from India GMAT 740; WE: 60 months; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 05 2020 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
On Campus Interviewed on: Feb 25 2020 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Very conversational. Interviewer asked me to tell him about myself, we discussed my life story for about 40-45 minutes with probing questions and he finally asked "Why Darden?" Following that question I was walked back to the lobby, I think it went well and hope to get in."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 14 2020 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 10 2020 Final Decision: Interviewed

"In line with the other interview outlines. It started out my story Some follow up questions of how I've worked in teams and my leadership style Relevance of an MBA Why Darden That was most of the interview. I had a couple of other questions and the interview wound up in around 35 mins. A little earlier than the 40 mins slot scheduled."

This user wants to stay Private from India WE: 55 months; Non-Profit and Government

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 10 2019 [#permalink] Darden, Full Time MBA
On Campus Interviewed on: Oct 25 2019 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"I was interviewed by a second year in round 1. The interview invite came on 10/21 with options for the next four Fridays. No surprises, very conversational after my interviewer introduced himself. 1) Chronological history for 10-15 mins 2) Team environment and major projects 3) Why MBA? 4) Why Darden? 5) What do you do apart from work? 6) Anything that I didn't ask but you want to tell me about? Q&A. Interview lasted for 45 Mins."

mdbates93 from United States GMAT 740; WE: 65 months; Manufacturing

yes
no