GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 12 Jul 2020, 12:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Darden vs Emory ($$$) vs Ross (Waitlist/Reapply Option)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Darden vs Emory ($$$) vs Ross Waitlist/Reapply

• 46% [7]
  • 46% [7]
  • 6% [1]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Darden vs Emory ($$$) vs Ross (Waitlist/Reapply Option)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2019, 05:22
Hi all,

I have been struggling with this choice even though I am leaning towards Emory. I am aiming for MBB, but also I am looking at Deloitte and Accenture. My goal is management consulting.

Darden is obviously the powerhouse versus Emory. But I would need to take out $100K in student loans. At Emory I would only need to take out $20K in loans currently.

I don’t know how much more Ross is worth than Darden so I put that as an option as well. I am also considering reapplying in the fall, but I don’t know if my application would change all that much between now and then. If I got off the waitlist I am partial to taking the debt for Ross (loved the program/alumni network/etc). Darden was awesome but I haven’t been sold yet. Most people say Darden just because of the clout/brand recognition and that is worth something but it’s still not Harvard vs Emory.

I also am aiming to end up in Atlanta post graduation. Eventually after getting consulting experience I want to move into tech companies in business development (aiming for Austin later on, on the mccombs waitlist but took that off since Emory and mccombs are too close to justify that $80,000 gap).

Thanks for reading.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
V
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6
Re: Darden vs Emory ($$$) vs Ross (Waitlist/Reapply Option)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2019, 10:01
Mbaguy72 wrote:
Hi all,

I have been struggling with this choice even though I am leaning towards Emory. I am aiming for MBB, but also I am looking at Deloitte and Accenture. My goal is management consulting.

Darden is obviously the powerhouse versus Emory. But I would need to take out $100K in student loans. At Emory I would only need to take out $20K in loans currently.

I don’t know how much more Ross is worth than Darden so I put that as an option as well. I am also considering reapplying in the fall, but I don’t know if my application would change all that much between now and then. If I got off the waitlist I am partial to taking the debt for Ross (loved the program/alumni network/etc). Darden was awesome but I haven’t been sold yet. Most people say Darden just because of the clout/brand recognition and that is worth something but it’s still not Harvard vs Emory.

I also am aiming to end up in Atlanta post graduation. Eventually after getting consulting experience I want to move into tech companies in business development (aiming for Austin later on, on the mccombs waitlist but took that off since Emory and mccombs are too close to justify that $80,000 gap).

Thanks for reading.

Wow congrats on your admit in great schools. It is very tough to choose between these 3 schools. Take a conscious decision considering your post-MBA goals. All the best :thumbup:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2019, 19:52
Compare them based on employment reports.

Darden has good MBB recruiting however they’re as good as Emory for hiring in tech.
If you’re ok with Deloitte and Accenture and the other Consulting firms, I think Emory is a great choice. Emory also has great tech recruiting.
Buy an apartment with the $80k saving and make $ from the rent.
Go Emory!

Current Student
V
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2019, 06:28
Hello Mbaguy72 .... welcome to the community.

Congrats on the great admit offer. I would choose Darden even if I have to take some loan.
But, again.... finally its your decision. All the best :) !!
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2019, 06:49
Darden is a good choice for MBB, but there is no guarantee that everybody gets into an MBB from there.

And if you’re not interested in going to an MBB, it’s the same as going to a school which is strong with Deloitte/Accenture/other IBs/tech companies.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Darden vs Emory ($$$) vs Ross (Waitlist/Reapply Option)   [#permalink] 01 May 2019, 06:49

Darden vs Emory ($$$) vs Ross (Waitlist/Reapply Option)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate