Dear all gmat takers,
I am still confused abt the "Weaken" CR part. Do you have any tips to solve this?
Below is the most headache one I need your help
1. The more frequently employees take time to exercise during working hours each week, the fewer sick days they take. Even employees who exercise only once a week during working hours take less sick time than those who do not exercise. Therefore, if companies started fitness programs, the absentee rate in those companies would decrease significantly.
Which of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument above?
A. Employees who excercise during working hours occasionally fall asleep for short periods of time after they exercise.
B. Employees who are frequently absent are the least likely to cooperate with or join a coooperate fitness program.
C. Employees who exercise only once a week in their company's fitness program usually also exercise after work.
D. Employees who exercise in their company's fitness program use their working time no more productively than those who do not exercise.
E. Employees who exercise during working hour take slightly longer lunch breaks than employees who do not exercise.
The correct answer is B. But I see answer choice B is strenghthen the argument not weaken. I feel answer D is more reasonable.
2. A poll of all voters in the state shows that only 11% of all people who voted were younger than 29 yrs old. These results prove that young Americans are not as interested in voting as are older generations. Which of the following statements, if true, would most seriously weaken the author's conclusion?
A. The number of voters in the state under the age of 29 has increased for each of the past 5 yrs.
C. Of all people in the state who are old enough to vote, only 13 % are younger than 29 yrs old.
C is the correct answer. But I feel A is better as it weaken the conclusion that young Americans are not as interested in voting as are the olders.
Please help me to solve these questions above. Appreciate your comments and explanation....
Good to see your first post. Way to go!!!
I just wanted to bring to your attention that you didn't follow the guidelines for properly posting a question. Please go through the following link.how-to-improve-the-forum-search-function-for-others-99451.html
Here's the summary. Please:
1. Post only 1 question per thread.
2. Post the questions in its entirety, without rewording or shortening either the question or the options.
3. Embed answers or hints in the spoiler tag.
Answer is B. I think it should be C.
4. Tag your post with appropriate source and question type or whatever you see appropriate.
5. Create the thread in appropriate sub-forum.
6. Search the question before posting so as to avoid reposting and parallel discussions.
7. Provide OA under OA tag either while creating the thread or after some discussion.
Your cooperation is needed.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings