It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 00:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Desperately seeking some Bus School advice!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

Schools: CBS '20, Stern '20
GMAT 1: 200 Q48 V37
GPA: 1
Desperately seeking some Bus School advice!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2017, 12:55
Hey guys and girls,

So I have taken my GMAT today and although I was about 30 points shy of my target, I still mustered up a little 690 (Q78, V37) (grateful for that because my highest MGMAT CAT was 660!). Now I move on to my next worry, which school will have me!?

My background is in chemical engineering, working for 4 years out in South Africa. My undergrad marks were average. I am looking at applying to some schools in the US (NYU Stern, Columbia, Duke Fuqua, MIT Sloan) and also to some in the UK (Oxford and Cambridge).

I am worried that my GMAT is low and will affect my chances of admission to these schools.

Any advice? The age old question, is it worth a re-take?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 301 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Desperately seeking some Bus School advice!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2017, 07:05
nrxbra001 wrote:
Hey guys and girls,

So I have taken my GMAT today and although I was about 30 points shy of my target, I still mustered up a little 690 (Q78, V37) (grateful for that because my highest MGMAT CAT was 660!). Now I move on to my next worry, which school will have me!?

My background is in chemical engineering, working for 4 years out in South Africa. My undergrad marks were average. I am looking at applying to some schools in the US (NYU Stern, Columbia, Duke Fuqua, MIT Sloan) and also to some in the UK (Oxford and Cambridge).

I am worried that my GMAT is low and will affect my chances of admission to these schools.

Any advice? The age old question, is it worth a re-take?

Hi there,

Your score is good but if you feel you can do even better, why not? especially if your GPA is average.

It should be possible for you to get into your target schools with that GMAT score. We've had clients get admitted into the top programs with lower scores, as you can see here: https://aringo.com/aringo-top-mba-gmat-results/

If you want to get a general chances indication, you can check out our free online chances calculator: https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

And obviously let us know if we can help in any way. Good luck!

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Kudos [?]: 301 [0], given: 2

Re: Desperately seeking some Bus School advice!!   [#permalink] 13 Aug 2017, 07:05