Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:49 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Re: Difference in score within a certain q(X) / v(X) score? [#permalink]
JackDaniels wrote:
jumsumtak wrote:
JackDaniels wrote:
Guys,

I just scored q51 on my practice test and couldn't help noticing that it is 98%. I still had some questions wrong, so I was wondering whetherit makes a difference on my overall score if I score q51 and answer e.g. 7 questions wrong or score q51 with just 0 - 2 questions wrong?
If not, I will focus a bit more on verbal from now on (v39), a score that definitely gives more room for improvement :-)

1.) No one can tell that with certainty. Most probably it does make a difference, but a minor one. It might be a possible reason why people with the same split end up with different scores.
2.) You cannot get 7 questions wrong and score a q51. Again, from the data I have seen.
3.) You are better off concentrating on verbal.

Thanks for the reply. I took 7 as an example, haven't looked carefully at the questions I did wrong yet but I am pretty sure there were more than 2.

How did you improve your verbal score towards 40+? 700+ material for Verbal is much more scarce than material for Math.

check out my long a** debrief. in my signature. You might get some pointers.

Well, the problem with verbal 700+ is that it is pretty much the same (you just play around with more ambiguous things) , unlike quant 700+, which tests tougher 'concepts'. Let me know if you are looking for anything specific.

If you can 'master' official questions on verbal, nothing like it.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
JackDaniels wrote:
Guys,

I just scored q51 on my practice test and couldn't help noticing that it is 98%. I still had some questions wrong, so I was wondering whetherit makes a difference on my overall score if I score q51 and answer e.g. 7 questions wrong or score q51 with just 0 - 2 questions wrong?
If not, I will focus a bit more on verbal from now on (v39), a score that definitely gives more room for improvement :-)

See this post too:
gmat-scores-83890.html

P.S. I think it makes sense to move on to Verbal :-)
Q51 is as high as it gets.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks both. I decided to take your advice and move on to Verbal (with a brief practice of math each day to keep up my level). I am currently going through all the 'Official Collection of Everything' compilation and scoring consistently 90% or higher in all areas (SC being a bit on the edge of 85 - 90). However, a significant portion of the questions are not questions you will face typically at v40 or higher, so I feel like I am wasting my time a little if I keep doing this.

Is there any additional material you recommend? For RC I am practicing LSAT passages, which may not be completely representative but force me to understand difficult RC passages. It's not very relevant for me whether the material is free or not - I only care about the quality. Preferably material in which the majority of questions are v40+. I am aiming at v45.

Thanks in advance :-)
GMAT Club Bot