Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1480 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks laxieqv and mba2gb

I want to give it another shot, but dont know what to do different this time. The quant section, I think, the same level of difficulty can be matched only in this site. My basics are pretty okay, so I think I can manage with going through problems in this site. But I dont know what to do about verbal. I think I am too familiar with the OG questions to use that as a study guide.
SC i agree, that we can sharpen basics by going to MGMAT guide. But what about CR and RC. How can I improve on that?
I still cant believe I scored so low on Verbal. many people feel Verbal is same level as OG, but I felt it was much more difficult. CRs in OG are pretty straight forward, but these ones were twisted. In 3 or maybe more situations, I was debating between 2 choices both of which I felt were right. Sc was also more complicated that OG. RC has always been a nightmare, so no comments on that. But passages except one were pretty okay.Maybe because of my low scoring. So I am not able to understand how difficult the SC and CR will be for good scores :shock:

Does anybody know tests that are similar to GMATPrep in terms of diffiulty level? Kaplan I feel is a different wavelength. So I dont want to be doing that. Any thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi,
were the quanitative sections same as OG problem? Could you please share it? I am planning to study KAPLAN, OG and KAPLAN math review for PS and DS . Do you guys think it is enough?
ma466
Washington DC
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
You can get your basics from OG, but the questions are a lot more trickier than OG. If you take a GMATPrep, you will get an exact idea about the difficulty level of questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
1000 SC,CR, RC [#permalink]
Hi remgeo,

I think to score well on Verbal section we need more practice and practice questions are available in the 1000 SC,CR, RC document.

I agree with you on SC - that MGMAT SC guide is good but applying them when we actually face the questions is more important.

We need to get tuned to reading long passages, working on verbal questions for a long a time - this should increase our verbal scores by a few points.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
remgeo wrote:
You can get your basics from OG, but the questions are a lot more trickier than OG. If you take a GMATPrep, you will get an exact idea about the difficulty level of questions.

well a lot of people who scored above 700 and did face hard bin questions have claimed that the real GMAT is much more tougher than GMATPrep....forget PowerPrep.......i dont know why ETS is making GMAT so hard....but based on what people are saying, Quant is very very tough... SC are very long as well as confusing....no more "relative pronoun", "subject verb" errors....CR are also way more tougher than OGs......RC are short but confusing....it is so unfair that people who took test before 2006 faced easy exams......
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Keep hope! I'm a living example of someone who had 3500+ posts before I wrote the exam... again. It did change my life in the end and you can do it too. I only got low 600 in my first attempt and ended up getting 710 in the end. Keep your chin up and fight again if you want to get a higher score. B-school and life is all about that in the end.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: 1000 SC,CR, RC [#permalink]
mba2gb wrote:
Hi remgeo,

I think to score well on Verbal section we need more practice and practice questions are available in the 1000 SC,CR, RC document.

I agree with you on SC - that MGMAT SC guide is good but applying them when we actually face the questions is more important.

We need to get tuned to reading long passages, working on verbal questions for a long a time - this should increase our verbal scores by a few points.

Yes, I was also thinking of focussing on these documents. Hope that will help to improve.

Thanks all for your wishes. I think I'll rest for two days and start all over again. I'm going to give one more shot to this exam before giving up.
Do you know when I can take my Gmat again. Is there any specified time gap to retake the exam?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 498 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think you should read this one.... https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=27631

Your score is very good....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
SimaQ wrote:
I think you should read this one.... https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=27631

Your score is very good....

Very inspiring post. But I guess his profile was really good. I am competing with the IT pool !! So, I think I will need atleast a 680 - 690 to catch "THEIR" attention.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts